PDA

View Full Version : Most complimented style?

woolyleprechaun
August 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I wore a crown braid today, and a couple of complete strangers said how beautiful it was :D I NEVER get that with my normal bun/english braid go-to styles....:rolleyes:
I was just wondering what (if any) style gets you comments or compliments more than normal?
Perhaps people swoon over your hair only when its down?
Or if its in an out-of-the-ordinary braided style?
Perhaps the SHEER SIZE of some of your buns occasion comment all on their own? :D
Curious minds want to know! :cheese:

Othala
August 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
When it's worn loose and the length is on display, that is when my hair gets the most compliments.

DarkCurls
August 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
- down (for the curls)
- rope braid styles (rose bun, plain rope braid, or as an accent) because people think they're unusual and don't know how to do them
- crown braid. :p

woolyleprechaun
August 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Im jealous of you guys now :P I have neither the awe inspiring length or lovely curls or rope braiding prowess ;)

Tota
August 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Loose or side braid with some loose strands around my face. Sadly, I don't have the face for updos.

meishkamooshka
August 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Usually when it's down with braidwaves I get some sort of comments :)

http://i.imgur.com/cal2Gl.jpg

Madora
August 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Back in the day, my braids galore braid attracted attention:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/11129Minibraidsbraided3.jpg

mariazelie
August 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I get the most compliments when I wear a very classic looking French Twist.

Zesty
August 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hair down because of length and health, and my side braided styles. Especially things like rope braids or four strand "box" braids. Actually I get some comments on my normal cinnamon buns because people think my sticks and fork are interesting.

sugarpixie10988
August 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
I seem to get the most compliments when I wear twin braids and my bangs down.

Diamond.Eyes
August 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Usually when it is down and straight I get the most compliments, which is weird to me because I like it best when it is curled. :p

meishkamooshka
August 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Back in the day, my braids galore braid attracted attention:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/11129Minibraidsbraided3.jpg

:agape: I could see why!

dwell_in_safety
August 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
I get compliments from complete strangers the most often when I wear my extra-large flexi8. I always just use it for a lazy wrap bun. The style itself that is most complimented is a French twist. When I do my hair for formal/special events, of course that is truly when I get the most compliments, but everybody is complimented then as everybody strives for something better than the norm.

Alvrodul
August 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Three or four years ago I did a lot of hair taping. That garnered me a lot of compliments. :D

Anje
August 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Down, usually. Though I think my hair got to tailbone before any of the comments were directed at the length instead of the color.

JellyBene
August 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
When I have my hair down I get a lot of compliments on how shiny and 'perfect' it is. i also get lots of compliments on a tucked french braid. It looks fancy and people don't understand how I did it ;)

Olafwa
August 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I get the most comments when I wear it in a braid or ponytail. If it's in a fancy up-do, they might notice as well. However, if it's just a cinnabun or nautilus, they almost never say anything.

Perididdle
August 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
When my hair is the right sort of wavy and my ends curl out, I get some notice. For the most part right now, though, I usually only get comments when something is drastically different -- straightened it, wearing it up, etc. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to braid/etc and see what people think.

Lostsoule77
August 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I think I only get compliments when I do rope braid styles. I get comments when my hair is down, but usually it's only "your hair is long" with a surprised voice. I did get one recently for a cinnamon bun though.

JamieLeigh
August 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
I get more compliments when my hair is in a single braid down my back than in any other style. I like to leave a long tassel, so that the ends appear thicker, so perhaps this is visually cheating? ;)

AdaClare
August 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
For me, when it's down/loose and in an off-coiled bun. :)

sharonluvscats
August 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I get a lot of comments when I wear my winding dutch braid. It always makes me feel good!

Amber_Maiden
August 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
When my hair is down and loose.

Madora
August 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
:agape: I could see why!
Aww thanks, meishkamooshka!

auburntressed
August 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
I always get TONS of compliments when my hair is in double buns, Heidi braids, or double French braids. Basically, anything that looks like more of a "childish" style seems to drove people nuts over my hair.

I almost never get any compliments or any comments at all when my hair is in any other type of style.

Amygirl8
August 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
When I have a really complex braid going on (I like to make a four-strand braid out of four-strand braids XD), when my hair is loose, or my hair is in a really high ponytail.

I personally feel that when the hair is in high ponytails, the length is exaggerated and looks more noticeably long. :]

Vanille_
August 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
I think I need to work on some new styles. I don't get many compliments with a lazy wrap. I get some rare ones with a Dutch braid or Katniss braid.

Ligeia_13
August 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Mine would also be the crown braid :)

Usually it goes something like "Wow, that's gorgeous. How long did it take you?!" haha.

Vanille_
August 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mine would also be the crown braid :)

Usually it goes something like "Wow, that's gorgeous. How long did it take you?!" haha.

How long does it take? :) I haven't mastered it yet.

cuddledumplin
August 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I get a lot of compliments when it's down or when I wear crossed braids on my head.

mzBANGBANG
August 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
I get the most compliments as I am taking my hair down from a top knot at the end of the day. These mostly come from DBF. :D

Otherwise, if I do a donut bun on the top of my head and add an accent flower, people seem to like it.

Demi-Plum
August 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Well on here it's my siggy picture! I hardly ever have anyone compliment me on my hair if it's not a friend. But on here I have had over a handful of people ask what my bun is and how to do it! It's one of my favorite buns to so I'm cool with it >W<

~honeyflower~
August 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
I mostly get them when I wear my ribbion ripple braid :D

Metallia
August 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I have been wearing Heidi braids with a scarf braided in this week and was (pleasantly) surprised by the number of compliments, including several from strangers. It also has been the first time I've had to deal with the 'people touching my hair' phenomenon. That was a bit weirder.

MinderMutsig
August 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Braided bun with a paranda braid always gets me some compliments.

racrane
August 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Um, for me it's when it's in a french braid or a braided bun. Fairly simple for me but people here just can't get over how unique it looks. I want to always direct them here for more awe-inspiring styles! :)

Silken
August 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I just decided "to hell with growing bangs, I hate it" and went to get them cut. I bumped into 2 friends who swore I look 10 years younger, got hit on while in line at Starbucks and then the barista said she loved my hair and asked where I got it done so I gave her my stylist's card. My man, who cringes if he so much as looks at a pair of scissors, said he loves it, that it's much more "me".
... All that in one hour, lol. I'll keep the bangs. ;)

BUT... I KEPT ALL THE LENGTH ON THE REST OF MY HAIR, I ONLY GOT THE BANGS DONE, WOOHOO!!!
I'm getting to have such self control, I must be growing up.

Silken
August 3rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Aaarrgghh sorry double post

OrangeStripe
August 4th, 2012, 06:56 AM
At work I only ever get compliments by adults when I'm wearing a low braided chinese bun with the stick taken out (no sticks allowed at work :( ).
but when I wore my hair like in my avatar photo, EVERY little girl I saw said something :D

Madora
August 4th, 2012, 07:09 AM
At work I only ever get compliments by adults when I'm wearing a low braided chinese bun with the stick taken out (no sticks allowed at work :( ).
but when I wore my hair like in my avatar photo, EVERY little girl I saw said something :D

I can see why! That is one gorgeous spiral braid, OrangeStripe!

OrangeStripe
August 4th, 2012, 07:19 AM

Thank you for such a lovely compliment :D

meishkamooshka
August 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM

AGREED! :agree:

OrganicJewel
August 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
My hair isn't long enough to get compliments on it in itself, but now that my hair is a deep rose colour it gets a lot of compliments. So many that I think I will keep this colour for a very long time.

embee
August 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
My fake crown (wrapped braid) style is the one people comment on the most. And it's a pill to make, as my hair is thin and slippery so it wants to slide away and fall down.

Emerald88
August 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
A plain cinnamon bun with a flexi is what i get the most compliments on.

millyaulait
August 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I am limited in styles due to length &..... just being bad at up-dos :p

So, usually it's a bun because my toys are visible and they get complimented on! :)

Ligeia_13
August 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
How long does it take? :) I haven't mastered it yet.

It depends. If I'm lucky and my hair cooperates during the first try, about 5-6 minutes.

Most of the time though, my hair doesn't lay properly so I have to keep undoing it and starting again. :p

firegypsy
August 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
My fake crown (wrapped braid) style is the one people comment on the most. And it's a pill to make, as my hair is thin and slippery so it wants to slide away and fall down.

ditto and ditto.

Tisiloves
August 4th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Any sort of half up.