PDA

View Full Version : as silly as this sounds... I'm excited

longNred
August 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
my 20th high school reunion is coming up, in the beginning phases of being planned - for 2014.

I'm giddy at the prospect of how long my hair will be by then. Not that I should amp up my career, or lose a few pounds/tone a few things... no no no... I'm excited my hair should be nice and long by then. Longest layer is at waist now... add another potential foot to that... squeeeeeeee!

btw - I am apparently length shot challenged. I can get some wonderful pics of the wall, but can't seem to manage to photograph my hair. like at all. still working on this skill...

anyways, new goal - do damage control till class reunion (and beyond! ala buzz lightyear) and add some serious length. with all the wonderful advice I'm still learning from all of you, this should be doable.

Bene
August 3rd, 2012, 07:27 AM
2014. That gives you just enough time to decide what to do with your hair :D

ariesfairies
August 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Haha, I share your sentiments! :D Not for a reunion, but for my uni graduation which a little further away :)

And I still haven't taken a proper self-length shot at all either. Lots of wall, and lots of blur.

MaryMarx
August 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
That's just great! :p
I'm looking forward to my 30th birthday, because then I'll be at waist. :)

longNred
August 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
2014. That gives you just enough time to decide what to do with your hair :D

if I can get it long AND healthy, I just may have to lean towards loose!

swearnsue
August 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
if I can get it long AND healthy, I just may have to lean towards loose!

Just a thought, arrive to the reunion with your hair in a bun. I don't know about buns but if your hair is slightly damp and it's put up in a certain way, when you take it down you get beautiful bun waves. I think it would be so dramitic to arrive with a bun where noone really knows how long your hair is and then later take it down and let it fall in a wavy curtain! Cool.

longNred
August 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Just a thought, arrive to the reunion with your hair in a bun. I don't know about buns but if your hair is slightly damp and it's put up in a certain way, when you take it down you get beautiful bun waves. I think it would be so dramitic to arrive with a bun where noone really knows how long your hair is and then later take it down and let it fall in a wavy curtain! Cool.

oooooh yes, good call! sock buns make va-va-va-vooom hair for me!

Amber_Maiden
August 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
That's awesome!! I'd be excited too! :D

spirals
August 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Just a thought, arrive to the reunion with your hair in a bun. I don't know about buns but if your hair is slightly damp and it's put up in a certain way, when you take it down you get beautiful bun waves. I think it would be so dramitic to arrive with a bun where noone really knows how long your hair is and then later take it down and let it fall in a wavy curtain! Cool. I'm doing this should I ever get married. Some brides have a dress change between ceremony and reception; I'll have a hair change.