PDA

View Full Version : Ficcare Question *help please*

Tia2010
August 3rd, 2012, 01:07 AM
I have question for all you ficarre owners. I had a 'fakkare' I picked up at some random store (maybe Target?)... It was plastic and eventually broke, but it held my hair well.

It looked like this :

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Tiablueeyez/Hair%20journey/3b2bfe66.jpg

So I went to the Ficarre site to have a look around because I can't find these anywhere now. But there are just so.many.choices!

If I wanted one with a similar shape shape with smooth edges like the fakkare was, which one should I go for? I was thinking the innovation clip but do they open wide enough to clip through a big bun?

I'm really bad at buns so I usually twist it all up and just clip it, not trying to hide the clip...would an innovation work for that or do they only open so far?

I was also considering a maximas clip but wasn't sure about the teeth or the shape..

any thoughts or suggestions.

If it matters I'm a F/M with mid back length hair.

This will be my first official 'non plastic' hair toy LOL... Thanks for the help :D

FrannyG
August 3rd, 2012, 04:30 AM
Well the Innovation clip is a beak clip just like your Fakarre. It has a very strong spring, and it holds extremely well. It opens fairly widely, but it works best when it goes through your updo. You won't get to see the full beauty of the clip.

However, if you want a clip that shows nicely, then I'd suggest the Maximas. The bottom goes through an updo, and the decorated top sits outside of the updo. It holds like a rock all day, believe me, and they are very pretty too. I've been wearing them for six years, and the teeth are very hair-friendly.

I'm not going to suggest the Superclip, because I've found that a lot of people, including myself, are not overly impressed by them. They don't do anything that the others can't do, and they really aren't as pretty, in my opinion. The quality is still there though.

It really depends on what look you're going for. The Innovation and the Maximas are both very good quality clips. Personally, I like my clip to show, so I use the beak clips mostly for half-ups.

I guess my suggestion would be a Maximas, and I would get it in Large.

Whichever one you get, I'm hoping for photos of it in action! :D

Tia2010
August 3rd, 2012, 08:45 AM
Thank you :)

I was thinking I would get one of each (the innovation and maximas) but they are so expensive I wanted to try and narrow it down to one to start with.

I don't do very elegant buns..they are always just a twisted, thrown on my head mess...so maybe the clip will help them look a little more intentional or put together.

Thank you again :)