PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please

Temadher
August 2nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
My natural haircolor is dark brown ,
I have been coloring medium brown for a while my hair is damaged from chemical color but I just cannot stand my white hairs around my temples and in the front.
Recently even color sometimes does not stick to them,
I am seriously thinking of going the natural way, I am not a fan of red or orange but i know it suites my tones,
i would rather not go very dark either.
I ordered cassia and henna onlineto make sure it is BAQ to use on top of chemical colors.I can get indigo in the market in my hometown,
What do you suggest?
Cassia henna and a bit of indigo?
What about cofee i heard of people using nescafe to get brown tint.
My other prblem is my husband hates henna smell, my friends assure me washing it with a hair mask and using oud inscence get rid of it butam sceptical.

Anje
August 2nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
If you don't want red, don't use henna. Period. Hennaed grays tend to show up as traffic cone orange, and it's fiddly to get them the right color, by which point, you'll probably have the rest of your hair too dark, as these colors are all translucent.

I'd suggest trying straight cassia first. Good for damage, and it should make your grays look more blond. Think highlights.

Perididdle
August 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Amla apparently helps take down red tones, so you could also try some of that. But Anje is right, as far as I can tell after Googling a loooot of pictures, henna is always gonna give you some red, even if it takes sunlight to bring it out. If it suits you and you're okay with at least some tints, only then should you take the plunge. ;)

lapushka
August 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Anje is right about the red and the brightness of it (even if you mix it with indigo). White and gray hair is particularly hard to dye with henna. Gray and white hair is a lot lighter, therefore the color will show up a lot, a *lot* more bright than with a darker haircolor.

Temadher
August 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks,
I think ill leave the henna out for now and try the cassia.
Nice to have opinions