PDA

View Full Version : Dry Shampoo Dilemma

sunny_rae2
August 2nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
My hair gets greasy pretty fast, and it looks pretty disgusting in the morning if I've gone a whole day and slept on it without a wash. Yesterday I picked up some dry shampoo, however noticed it had denat. alcohol in it which, if I'm not mistaken, is rubbing alcohol? Would it be better to wash my hair (SLS/SLES free shampoo) every morning or use dry shampoo every other morning to stretch washes? Won't the alcohol dry my hair?

Madora
August 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Denatured alcohol is not a good idea.

Perhaps you can find a shampoo that is formulated for oily hair (if you have that problem).

Shiranshoku
August 2nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
I use Vichy Dercos (decros?) Sebum correcteur, or something like that. It does have SLS, but it's the only shampoo that allows me to wash my hair every two days instead of every day.

sunny_rae2
August 3rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
Thanks, I'll try to look for something!

SilverDoe
August 3rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
Principessa beauty has a really good dry shampoo in both blonde & brown shades.
Nice smell & one of the most gentle ones I've found.

Ingredients:
Zea Mays (Corn)lStarch, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (VitaminE), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,
Organic Chamomilla Recutital(Matricaria) Flower Extract, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol,
Sorbic Acid, Tocobiol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI77499)-darker shades.

I myself have oily roots during the summer. I wouldn't advice you to use harsher shampoos for oily hair,
as this in most cases aggravates the sebum production which can be the problem in the first place.

sunny_rae2
August 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Principessa beauty has a really good dry shampoo in both blonde & brown shades.
Nice smell & one of the most gentle ones I've found.

Ingredients:
Zea Mays (Corn)lStarch, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (VitaminE), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice,
Organic Chamomilla Recutital(Matricaria) Flower Extract, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract.
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol,
Sorbic Acid, Tocobiol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI77499)-darker shades.

I myself have oily roots during the summer. I wouldn't advice you to use harsher shampoos for oily hair,
as this in most cases aggravates the sebum production which can be the problem in the first place.

Thank you so much! That stuff looks great. And I like your picture ;)

JellyBene
August 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I reccomend powdered dry shampoo, no alcohol. I get one from Sephora, here's a link:
http://www.sephora.com/pronto-dry-shampoo-P254307
It is about $30 a bottle but seriously, my last bottle lasted me well over a year and I used it at least every other day. It smells fresh like lemons :)
If you are in a pinch you can also use a little baby powder, just fluff some onto your hands and rub onto your sclap, then brush out the excess.

akilina
August 3rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I find baby powder works well :) Especially if your hair is lighter.
I just fluff a little bit near the scalp, massage it very quickly and lightly sort of back and forth motion, then brush it out. Works well. I was stretching my washes 4 days at one point.

sunny_rae2
August 3rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Baby powder always makes my hair look and feel nasty :/ I'll look at the sephora stuff!

patienceneeded
August 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
I second the powder form of a dry shampoo. Corn starch, baby powder, and cocoa powder also work as a dry shampoo/greasy-hair-hider. Start with a VERY small amount and brush through your roots well. The goal is not too LOOK like to dumped powder on your head. It will make your root texture feel a little gritty/thicker, just FYI. Washes out really easily.

Perididdle
August 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
I second the powder form of a dry shampoo. Corn starch, baby powder, and cocoa powder also work as a dry shampoo/greasy-hair-hider. Start with a VERY small amount and brush through your roots well. The goal is not too LOOK like to dumped powder on your head. It will make your root texture feel a little gritty/thicker, just FYI. Washes out really easily.

Cocoa powder! I'd never heard that one. Hmmm, might have to give it a try.

gonzobird
August 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
I am a dry shampoo FREAK. And Ive never hear of that principessa stuff, AND it comes in darker????? I didn't even hesitate. The ingredients looked wonderful. I just went to the site and ordered the little guy.

stoked!