PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dreams

CaranDulin
August 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
I had a strange dream a few nights ago. My love was over at my house, and we were sitting when he came behind me and chopped my ponytail off. Apparently I had been spending more time on my hair than with him. Haha, that's not his actual opinion. But has anyone else ever had similar dreams? I checked on my hair as soon as I woke up, it kind of frightened me.

CaranDulin
August 1st, 2012, 11:37 PM
Whoops, I made two of the same thread! Is there anything I can do about that?

Mod: you can report the thread and the mods can merge it and delete duplicate messages. (Already done here, though.)

akilina
August 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
That is a night mare!!!
:D

I am sad I have never had hair dreams. It seems hair has never been the main focus in my dreams...well not my own hair.
I have had HORRIFYING hair dreams that I am cutting someones hair and it is literally the worst most horrifying haircut in the world. I wake up thinking it was real :( These kinds of things seriously bother me.

A real life night mare was that one of my good friends was at a party probably 4 years ago and she passed out and there was a hairdresser at the party...and the girl chopped off her freaking hair in her sleep... She knew it was her because she found her in the morning with her hair in her hand and the scissors in her other. Isn't that awful? Totally real life story too :( That is some SERIOUS jealousy!

mckenzie
August 1st, 2012, 11:57 PM
Weird. I had one last night. I had bought a new shampoo, tried it out, and in my dream a few hours later I kept touching my hair and chunks of hair would come out. When I reached for my ponytail, the whole thing literally came out, like if I had chopped it off.
Total nightmare...:(

Curly Crone
August 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
I had one a few months ago. I dreamed I cut my own hair off and during the dream I was upset because I assumed I would be able to "put it back together". This was soon after I changed to CO washing and I guess this was my anxiety showing, since I hardly ever remember dreams, I must have been worried.

MeowScat
August 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
I actually had a hairmare the other night.

I dreamed that I had to go to my cousin's wedding and I couldn't wait to wear my hair down for it. On the way to the wedding, the windows were down and the ends of my hair were blowing into my mouth. I reached behind my head to feel it and it was up to my shoulders and stringy. I lost two feet of hair and it was sticky feeling.

I was devastated and it was one of those dreams that never ends. Everyone was so surprised I chopped it and they were trying to convince me it looked good but I could see the look on their faces that said it didn't.

I woke up sweating, pulled off my sleepcap, unraveled my hair and KISSED it! My heart was racing and I said outloud to no one, "oh thank God, I love you, hair!"

I'd rather have a monster chase me. Freakin' hairmare.

Little Unicorn
August 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I have never had a hair nightmare, but sometimes in my dreams I look in the mirror and see my hair is long and beautiful, and it feels so real, and in my dream I start thanking god for this miracle. But then I wake up, and I'm disappointed. :(

CaranDulin
August 4th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I actually had a hairmare the other night.

I dreamed that I had to go to my cousin's wedding and I couldn't wait to wear my hair down for it. On the way to the wedding, the windows were down and the ends of my hair were blowing into my mouth. I reached behind my head to feel it and it was up to my shoulders and stringy. I lost two feet of hair and it was sticky feeling.

I was devastated and it was one of those dreams that never ends. Everyone was so surprised I chopped it and they were trying to convince me it looked good but I could see the look on their faces that said it didn't.

I woke up sweating, pulled off my sleepcap, unraveled my hair and KISSED it! My heart was racing and I said outloud to no one, "oh thank God, I love you, hair!"

I'd rather have a monster chase me. Freakin' hairmare.

Oh no! D: Sticky? I'd hate that. And I'd rather have monsters too. They're less believable, even when you're sleeping.

I have never had a hair nightmare, but sometimes in my dreams I look in the mirror and see my hair is long and beautiful, and it feels so real, and in my dream I start thanking god for this miracle. But then I wake up, and I'm disappointed. :(

Aww, I'm so sorry...that must be terrible. But it will come! Patience, that's what I have to keep telling myself as well. (I love your icon, by the way!)

Ambystoma
August 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I had one after doing a honey lightening - I dreamt that I did another one and when I went to wash it out it had that wet noodle/bubblegum/overprocessed feeling and it started coming away in my hands as I washed it. I've actually had that happen in real life and it was horrible!

7animals
August 4th, 2012, 07:06 AM
thats scary, hair nightmares. One of my fears is that I'll finally get my hair grown out and get cancer and have chemo and all the hair will fall out again. God give me strength and health too, please.

jacqueline101
August 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Its not a dream but reality I had my hair down and my male friend winked at me.