PDA

View Full Version : I just bought this conditioner today

Sarahlabyrinth
July 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
And was wondering if the ingredients were ok?

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl stearamine, Stearylkonium Chloride, Lactic acid, Fragrance, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

jojo89
July 31st, 2012, 09:27 PM
i would say no, but I'm no experct. I see alcohol and that is very drying to your hair. Maybe you could add some oil to it to make it more moisturizing.

Elessaelle
July 31st, 2012, 09:44 PM
These alcohols are not drying, they are fatty alcohols (see this link (http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/01/ingredients-dictionary-cetyl-alcohol.html)) and they are commonly used in conditioners.

jojo89
July 31st, 2012, 10:20 PM
^That would make sense cuz I recognize them from my deep conditioners so they must be fine.

Equus
July 31st, 2012, 10:30 PM
Definitely Silicone, Sulfate, Paraben, and Protein free! The alcohols are ok because they are fatty alcohols. I would use it, but I am still relatively new to deciphering ingredients.

lmfbs
July 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
What brand conditioner is that? It seems very, very familar sounding....

clanless
July 31st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Perfectly fine as long as you don't react badly to silicones. What brand is it? I got conditioners today too, v05 brand.

earthnut
July 31st, 2012, 10:42 PM
It contains no silicones. Methylchlorisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone are preservatives. You can use this conditioner for S&C, CWC, or CO. Protein free, humectant free, sulfate free, drying alcohol free, silicone free.

What conditioner is it?

Sarahlabyrinth
July 31st, 2012, 10:46 PM
It's Budget conditioner from the local supermarket ( Pak n Save) $3.99 for a 1 litre bottle. I was wondering if a "cheap" conditioner might be just as ok for hair as a $30.00 bottle.?? But really have no knowledge of good or bad ingredients. So am interested to hear from you more knowledgeable folks. Thanks Ellessaelle for that interesting link.

Any more opinions out there?

Sarahlabyrinth
July 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM
Earthnut, maybe it's ok then...?

lmfbs
July 31st, 2012, 10:50 PM
Looks pretty good. I haven't tried it, but I do have a bottle under my sink to try.

The other one I use is Natural Essence which I bought in a discount store - not sure if you have one in your town but they sell groceries which are close to their use by date? It was a 1l container for $2.60somthing.

It's also cone/protein free.

earthnut
July 31st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Earthnut, maybe it's ok then...?

It's totally OK. It's a very bare-bones conditioner. You can use it for any method you want.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks earthnut, I'll give it a try. Lmfbs, we do have one of those discount stores here, haven't checked it out for hair care products though:)

gthlvrmx
August 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
It's Budget conditioner from the local supermarket ( Pak n Save) $3.99 for a 1 litre bottle. I was wondering if a "cheap" conditioner might be just as ok for hair as a $30.00 bottle.?? But really have no knowledge of good or bad ingredients. So am interested to hear from you more knowledgeable folks. Thanks Ellessaelle for that interesting link.

Any more opinions out there?
What in the world thats the perfect conditioner for me! There's only one Pak n Save around here in socal that i could find and its about 20 minutes away but....not sure if my mom would be willing to drive me out there to get conditioner if they even have the same one you bought!

edit: wait....not so perfect it has cetyl alcohol which builds up :( Works for a while then i get white gunk which itches and is no fun.

jojo
August 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds a pretty good conditioner to me!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 21st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Have tested it out and I use it as the first conditioner in CWC. Works great for that and you can just slather it on! And being so cheap, it doesn't matter if I drop a blob on the floor. I don't put it near my scalp, just on the length from ears down, so don't need to worry about itchiness at all.