PDA

View Full Version : Question about SMT treatment

hele911
July 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Good Morning All. I have a question about the SMT treatment I did on my hair last night. I made the treatment yesterday but used coconut oil in place of honey. I know I know the instructions say try the honey first but I didn't listen.

Anyway, I left it on my hair about oh lets say between 3 and 4 hours. I got caught up doing stuff and figured it can't hurt to be on that long right? ;) It did seem to take a while to rinse out, (not complaining just giving lots of detail) and I noticed wherever it rinsed down my body seemed very "oiled" in a good way. Today it seems greatly moisturized and my waves are separated nicely, but it still looks kind of wet.

So here is my question: Did I do something wrong by using CO instead of honey or is that how it is supposed to be?

Sorry the picture is so big, can't figure out how to resize.

Thanks for any response :)

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/hele7582/hair/photobucket-2337-1343744282921.jpg

akilina
July 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
You didn't do anything wrong. The oiling just must have been really heavy.
This happened to me. I never use honey in an SMT. So I call it more of a modified smt...I use conditioner, aloe, and a few drops of oil. Last time though I used too much oil. Maybe that was your issue. Honey makes no difference to me. I'd rather eat it.

Wildcat Diva
August 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
It looks like the coconut oil didn't get out of your hair. It's not supposed to be like that. I like my SMTs with honey.

But the oil isn't hurting anything, now it's just like even more of a deep treatment.
But all you need to do now is just remove the oil, or maybe it has soaked in by now.