PDA

View Full Version : Water stick anyone have one of these?

Natalia
July 31st, 2012, 03:07 AM
Or know anyone who does? I have gone back and forth so many times especially considering the price but the basic chlorone filters dont help my hair or skin. I think im going to take the plunge but i havent heard many reviews from hair folk other than 3 ive seen on black hair care forums. most of these portable types get reviewed for boats not people lol.

Here is the link to the page -http://www.watersticks.com/shower.htm if anyone wants to look. God i hate what hard water does to me :(.

Natalia
August 15th, 2012, 04:39 AM
bumping since ive done some more reading and youtube-ing and decided this is the way to go for me. will update after it arrives. dont plan to order till i sign the lease on my new appartment as things have a way of disapearing when my parents are mad at me.

embee
August 15th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Seems expensive, for sure, but I have nothing to compare it with.

from the site:
"Soft Water also helps soap lather more, rinse faster and eliminates the minerals that cause dry, rough skin that aggrivates eczema, psoriasis,skin yeast infections and itchy scalp. "

Personally I find it interesting that they say "rinse faster". I've lived where water was very soft and it was about impossible to get soap/shampoo out of my hair or off my skin. I had to use vinegar rinse every time. I hated it.

Do you think this filter will remove fluoride also? I'd not want that to happen - not that I'm delighted with fluoride but I do like having teeth! :D My kids grew up with fluoride water or vitamins and their teeth are much better than mine.

Natalia
August 15th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Seems expensive, for sure, but I have nothing to compare it with.

from the site:
"Soft Water also helps soap lather more, rinse faster and eliminates the minerals that cause dry, rough skin that aggrivates eczema, psoriasis,skin yeast infections and itchy scalp. "

Personally I find it interesting that they say "rinse faster". I've lived where water was very soft and it was about impossible to get soap/shampoo out of my hair or off my skin. I had to use vinegar rinse every time. I hated it.

Do you think this filter will remove fluoride also? I'd not want that to happen - not that I'm delighted with fluoride but I do like having teeth! :D My kids grew up with fluoride water or vitamins and their teeth are much better than mine.

Yeah it does take a chunk out of a budget thats for sure. Im not sure what you were using but i can personally attest to the soap rinsing better part if your using true soap that is. since soap reacts with the minerals the soap residue and minerals cling and when i get out of the shower im whiter that a powdered wig and all crusty :(. Think of it like lime scale on your skin.

My dad doesnt like soft water either but thats because he never had it till he was in his 50's. i think he got used to over soaping since it doesnt lather well in hard water. i once had him bring over a washcloth he had used in hard water and rined till the soap was "gone" and then had him rine it under my soft water and there was still a ton of bubblies left. since the minerals had bound the soap it seemed clean when it wasnt. thats just my experiance with my water and picky skin though. For people who arent used to soap actually rinsing off that squeaky feeling seems clean and soft water seems slimey.

As for flouride im not sure. i dont brush my teeth in the shower so it doesnt really concern me. i have crappy teeth by genetics worsened by health problems and flouride doesnt do much good if you dont have enamel to harden so i dont think about it often. If your concerned you could brush your teeth at the sink as this is just a shower system.