PDA

View Full Version : 3 years plus 1 month LHC-iversary!

Rivanariko
July 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Has it seriously been three years already? That's insane. I have to say, I'm kind of surprised that I've stuck with this for three whole years and haven't gotten bored and given up. Thank you to everyone on here who has inspired me and supported me throughout this journey. I never thought I would be able to get this point. My mom always told me that people with fine hair like she and I have could never have long hair, but thanks to all that I've learned I have officially reach Clalssic length!

So, without further ado, the pictures!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/8-3-09aftertrim.jpg
Starting point, after my first self-trim shortly after joining. I think I'm technically waist at this point, because my natural waist is so high, but it's sort of a mix between waist and BSL I think. 27 inches, either way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/6-30-10006.jpg
One year later I was well past hip and headed quickly towards tailbone!

I apparently don't have pictures from last year on this computer. There are a few in my albums, but the quality is awful. I was apparently in a technology funk as both my computer and my camera crashed and burned about that time. I also went through a major stall last year that was beyond frustrating and I slowly crept past tailbone length.

Aaaand, this was yesterday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/7-26-12length.jpg

Classic at last!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/7-26-12lengthside.jpg

Although, looking at my old pictures, I'm envious of how thick my hemline used to be. I'm debating whether I should cut back to tailbone or just try to maintain here for a bit to thicken up my hemline. I love Fairytale ends on other people, but they're just not for me. I'm due for a trim either way, so we'll see if I decide to do my normal microtrim or take an inch or two off.

mckenzie
July 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Congratulations! :) Your hair looks amazing! Really an inspiration for someone like me (fine/thin) hair.

Tisiloves
July 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Congrats!

I think your hemline still looks thick, it's just that your texture's a little different in the latest pics, did you brush?

Sarahlabyrinth
July 30th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Your hemline looks fine to me, just maintain there for a while if you want to increase thickness. Lovely hair!

catamonica
July 30th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! And the length is great!

Loreley
July 31st, 2012, 12:42 AM
Great progress! I love your hair colour. :)

BeautifullHair
July 31st, 2012, 12:54 AM
Thats amazing progress.
Like mckenzie said your an inspiration for me also a very fine haired girl.
Great job:)

Tota
July 31st, 2012, 01:30 AM
Congrats! I love love love your color <3

Falcore
July 31st, 2012, 02:12 AM
Oooh good progress and very pretty! I love anniversary threads :D

julliams
July 31st, 2012, 02:50 AM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair! I especially love the "one year later" photo as that is my current hair length and yours is just perfect - exactly how I would love mine to look. Is that your natural wave? It's lovely. I bet you can do some awesome updos now with classic length. I'll be joining you soon with my 3 year anniversary later this year but I'm afraid I don't have anywhere near your amazing growth rate. Congratulations!

AnnaB
July 31st, 2012, 03:33 AM
congratulations on your LHC-iversary! :)

Thank you for the progress pictures, great inspiration :)

millyaulait
July 31st, 2012, 03:37 AM
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the second picture/length on you!

Congratulations :) :) :)

Madora
July 31st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Lovely hair, Rivanariko! Keep up the good work!

afu
July 31st, 2012, 06:19 AM
wow, beautiful :) definitly an inspiration

(p.s. my mum says the same about our thin, fine hair - she won't listen to me when i tell her the reason she doesn't gain length is not because her hair is terminal at APL but because her hairdresser trims off all her growth every 6 weeks for no reason!)

CastaDiva
July 31st, 2012, 06:35 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary:) Your hair looks wonderful, great progress!! Absolutely gorgeous hair color, too.

Colourful
July 31st, 2012, 07:08 AM
Beautiful hair!

Amber_Maiden
July 31st, 2012, 07:14 AM
oh wow! congrats! Love your hair!

1nuitblanche
July 31st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Your hair looks great! I think that you could probably trim to maintain to thicken up your hemline.

SpinDance
July 31st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Wonderful progress, congratulations!

Honey_Bear89
July 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
Beautiful! Can't wait until my hair is that long :)
Great inspiration!

blondie9912
July 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Your hair grows so fast!! Wow! It's so healthy, even your starting point is inspirational :)

jojo
July 31st, 2012, 08:37 AM
That's beautiful and I think the side photo should be the official way to take a photo on here too. How did you keep your hemline so thick? You have the potential to grow to extreme lengths.

OUKess
July 31st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Beautiful Hair Rivanariko!!!

Alexblue
July 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Amazing growth! Your hair is beautiful

moon2dove
July 31st, 2012, 09:06 AM
Congratulations!

Your hair is growing out lovely.

I think your hemline looks okay too :)

vintage88
July 31st, 2012, 09:16 AM
You have the most beautiful hair! Very inspiring:)

LaFlor
July 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
I think your hair looks lovely :blossom: Congrats! I vote for maintaining.

lapushka
July 31st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Fineys can grow hair indeed! Congrats on your progress! :)

lunalocks
July 31st, 2012, 09:25 AM
WOW. Beautiful hair and impressive growth.

jillosity
July 31st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Awesome progress and what a gorgeous crocheted skirt, did you make it?

mary*rose
July 31st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Beautiful hair! This is an inspiration to me, because my hair now is about the length that yours was in your second picture :)

BrightEyes
July 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning! I love the color and it looks so silky:)

PixxieStix
July 31st, 2012, 10:48 AM
Beautiful and lovely, congratulations on such an achievement, and I'd maintain for a while to see if that gives you the thicker hemline you desire, but either way, your hair is beautiful! What an inspiration.

Barbie Diamond
July 31st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!

neko_kawaii
July 31st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Its hard to say if the hemline is a little thin or that is just the way it is lying in the back pic. From the side it looks just fine! Do what makes you happy and enjoy the journey!

jacqueline101
July 31st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Your hair has grown a lot.

Rivanariko
August 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone! :flower: I have a bad habit of abandoning threads, apparently!

To try to answer a few questions...

Yes, that is my natural wave pattern, I always take pictures after I've showered and let it air dry completely (which is why I don't take them very often, as finding ways to occupy myself while letting it dry COMPLETELY is somewhat difficult). I keep it braided most of the time, so I'm usually sporting braid waves on the rare occasion that I leave it down.

I really do love my mom, and she's not one of those super-negative towards long hair people at all. She honestly didn't think our hair could get long, partially because her sister has thick, coarse dark hair and an incredible growth rate, so while she had to get a couple inches cut off every few months to get rid of the dead ends, her sister grew to classic without a thought. She just decided there was no point in trying for people with fine/thin hair and had enjoyed coloring and perming ever since. She's happy with it, so I'm happy for her. And she has really enjoyed watching me prove that thin/fine hair CAN be long and lovely. Helps that my hair is almost totally virgin, too.

Yes, I did make the skirt :)

As for the ends, I think I'll try to maintain for a bit, because they still look/feel really straggly to me, but I just don't think I can bring myself to cut back too much. It's taken too much work to get to this point. Then again, I had intended to maintain an tailbone... so I might end up getting lazy again and just heading toward mid-thigh :) Either way, I'm still having fun, so I won't be chopping it off any time soon.

Boucles d'or
August 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM
You have gorgious hair!

Xi
August 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Congratulations! Way to hang in there -- your hair looks amazing!:)

Zesty
August 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
Beautiful, and congrats on classic! :)