PDA

View Full Version : Where and how to use henna

momoftwo708
July 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone, I will be usin a semi perm. Dye at my salon I believe it's redken just to go a natural blonde for my wedding and a few months after September I will be goinoval to my natural color which was blonde, but now it's a light brown.
How can I achieve this color using henna. I am clueless about henna, I do see I can buy some off eBay and I did do a little research, but I'm still confused on mixing it with indigo if I'm spelling it right, to achieve brown. Any tips and ideas?

Alvrodul
July 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Don't put henna on your hair unless you are committed to being a redhead!! And since you are apparently planning to have henndigo color only temporarily, I am must break to you that it just isn't going to be possible. The only sure way of getting rid of henna color is with a pair of scissors, and indigo can be even more permanent. And if you put bleach on hair that has indigo on it, it is going to end up an unpleasant green color.
Henna is a vivid orangey-red-brown color. Shades of brown and black can be achieved in combination with indigo, but given that these are natural dyes, the results can be tricky to manage, and somewhat umpredictable. They are also dependent on the starting color of your hair - you can go darker, but never lighter.

lapushka
July 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, I will be usin a semi perm. Dye at my salon I believe it's redken just to go a natural blonde for my wedding and a few months after September I will be goinoval to my natural color which was blonde, but now it's a light brown.
How can I achieve this color using henna. I am clueless about henna, I do see I can buy some off eBay and I did do a little research, but I'm still confused on mixing it with indigo if I'm spelling it right, to achieve brown. Any tips and ideas?

Looking at the kinds of threads you've been posting about your hair, I'd advise you to stay well away from henna and especially indigo. Stick with your hairdresser -at least until your wedding- and then rethink what you're going to do with your hair.

momoftwo708
July 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Sounds tricky, this is why I'm confused, I'm just sick of dying my hair and I have to for my wedding and my roots grow in fast so I know I'm not and don't really want to keep up with the blonde, I will not being bleaching my hair at all just using a semi perm dye , since my hair already light , did anyone have good results going brown

momoftwo708
July 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Today I used the condition packet henna and placenta and it make my hair look very nice n looks thicker than usual

MinderMutsig
July 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Looking at the kinds of threads you've been posting about your hair, I'd advise you to stay well away from henna and especially indigo. Stick with your hairdresser -at least until your wedding- and then rethink what you're going to do with your hair.
I agree very much with this. Doing henna now, before the wedding and given what you said you want will result in tears.

lmfbs
July 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I can't advise more strongly than to avoid henna. I really don't think it's right for you coming up to your wedding.

Getting brown with henna and indigo, like others have said, is unpredictable especially on dyed hair, and will take more than one treatment to get the colour you want, if it's even possible with henna.

swearnsue
July 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I think the OP wants to start henna after her wedding.

lmfbs
July 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think the OP wants to start henna after her wedding.

Oh. Oops. I found it quite difficult to read.

Even still, OP, unless you're prepared to live with RED, avoid henna.