PDA

View Full Version : Ho-Ly COW

StrawbryBlondie
August 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I joined the forum like a week or two ago, and quit blowdrying on July 27th and you people would not believe how much better my hair looks already. How strange to me!!!!! It's only been a week or so and my hair looks sooooo much healthier. I was shampooing, conditioning, blowdrying and straightening everyday. Now I am shampooing and conditioning like every other day, and using oil on my ends before bed. I haven't straightened and haven't blowdryed. My hair is extremely damaged from coloring and perm. Now I have to overcome this dang two tone hair.... I'm already sick of the tacky comments about my roots.... It amazes me, this woman that I work with, who makes it known to everyone that she thinks she is the **** of the walk. Well, she has like ronald mcdonald red hair that she has fried the hell out of, she hairsprays it to death and like curls two pieces on each side of her face and they wrap under her chin and practically touch and she constantly smooths it. Omg i seriously cannot stand this woman. Number one she's a bitch and number two if you're so gorgeous you don't have to TELL people that you are. Does that make sense? Anyway, yesterday she said I need to highlight my hair or "do something" because my roots look "trashy". I'm like omg you have a nose ring and you wear glitter all over your face EVERYday, and you're 45.

StrawbryBlondie
August 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I really don't mean to sound rude. I'm honestly not a judgmental person but she just pisses me off. I don't like people that have to hurt other peoples feelings to make themselves feel superior.

freznow
August 5th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Why do you let her comments bug you? Obviously she is not worth your time. I'd bet that if you just respond to all her comments with a smile and a thank you, she'd not bother you so much. Some people you just have to ignore...

akurah
August 5th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I'd like to know what's wrong with nose rings.

LadyMoon11
August 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I really don't mean to sound rude. I'm honestly not a judgmental person but she just pisses me off. I don't like people that have to hurt other peoples feelings to make themselves feel superior.
I don't like it when people behave that way either... but I also do have to watch out so that I do not become one of them i.e. a hypocrite. Their behavior can be absorbed via osmosis if one is not careful.
Life is WAY too short to be concerned with such tripe, be happy with yourself -she is miserable, and so will you also be if you reciprocate her behavior.

Glad your hair condition has improved. :)

Elainehali
August 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I'm glad to hear about your hair condition inprovement.

I wouldn't take beauty advice from Ronald McDonald either!
~.^

feralnature
August 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'd like to know what's wrong with nose rings.

I'd like to know what's wrong with 45:)

akurah
August 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'd like to know what's wrong with 45:)

Me too! Who says you can't be 45 with a nose ring? If i could convince my mother I'd get her one! But she won't hear of it.

Curlsgirl
August 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I am glad you are making progress with your haircare but please don't stoop to her level, try to ignore her and as your hair gets more beautiful that will be enough to quiet her down. If not, politely tell her that you think her comments are disrespectful and you would like her to stop. If you have to take it to your supervisor.

Fencai
August 6th, 2008, 07:49 AM
dont let her get to you!
She's not worth the energy.
Just smile and say thank you, and she'll probably be too confused to make a comment back.
People who have to fish for comments like that obviously dont feel secure in the way that they look, or they wouldnt need to say those things.

its not nice or necessary to say things like that. Dont stoop to her level.

happymommy
August 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Mean people suck.

sipnsun
August 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
She's probably rude because she is jealous of you. Don't waste your time worrying about what others think of you or your hair, just do what makes you happy and what you know is good for you.

Patrycja
August 6th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I don't think the OP meant anything wrong by the nose ring/45 comment.She's just stating how dare someone tell her she needs to highlight because her roots look "trashy".The nose ring comment was just her personal opinion.

lora410
August 6th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats on your hair improvement and as everyone says say thank you to her and walk away. This lady is not worth your time and hatred :)

And ladies I am sure she didn't have anything against a nose ring or 45. It is just how you pull it off. If you go for a trashy look thats what people will see. If you are stylish about it I am sure it looks wonderful. I think that is what she meant ;)

Gladtobemom
August 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM
She doesn't sound like a very nice person. Is there any way you can keep your interactions on a formal/business basisa dn limit the ineraction otherwise.

I had a terrible time growing out my color. At first I wore hairbands in front, then I did finally go to a salon and get "lowlights" put through the dyed part that matched my regular hair (that helped). But finally, when the dye line was about BSL, I couldn't stand it any more and I cut it off.

It isn't fun, but I wanted my hair back. So I do understand.:grouphug:

cindy58
August 6th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Actually, your very descriptive post made me chuckle -- seems like there is a similar cast of characters in many workplaces. Don't let her get to you.

JessTheMess
August 6th, 2008, 08:54 AM
First of all...congratulations on the hair quality change!

Don't let Ronald McDonald's twin get to you. She's probably just envious of your smoothness. The next time she says something nasty to you, just come back with something completely off key...like "did you know the giraffes like to snuggle with key lime pie?"
Either she will be so caught off guard that she won't say anything and walk away, or she will just stop talking to you because she thinks your crazy. Either way, she won't be bothering you again lol.:cheese:

LaurelSpring
August 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome and congratulations! I had a dramatic improvement in my hair also when I started taking better care of it.

Some people are threatened by change. You can get some unusual reactions from people when you start to wear your hair differently. I just mention that Im taking better care of my hair or making some changes...etc if someone questions me about it. Soon when you have all of that new long beautiful hair, the results will speak for themselves.

What do they say..the best revenge is a life well lived or in this case beautiful healthy hair.

StrawbryBlondie
August 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Okay how did I know people were going to be easily offended by this post? First off I didn't say anything was wrong with being 45, obviously aging is part of life. Also, I didn't say anything was wrong with a nose ring as I have wanted my nose pierced for some time. What I do think is that it is trashy on HER. I apparently should have explained myself better because I knew someone was going to get in a snit because I mentioned her age, glitter, or a piercing. Basically what I was saying is she acts, looks, and talks like a whore and how dare she have the gull to say something like that to me about my hair when she herself has roots. I cannot believe that someone on here would actually think I was trying to directly offend them. If I had something to say and wanted to offend someone on purpose you would know it. I'm not the kind of person to just post something saying "everyone that is 45 looks like hell"...because I have intelligence.

StrawbryBlondie
August 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
happymommy, I completely agree!

Eireann
August 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
When I decided to get rid of my blonde highlights a couple years back, I had my hair colored back to my natural dark brown. A coworker (who also actually had ronald mcdonald hair) said " you had it colored DARKER? Uh. . . why?!?!?" I chuckled inwardly at taking fashion advice from ronald mcdonald, and just said "this is what my natural color looks like and I want to grow it out" and walked away. I don't know what her reaction was because I didn't wait around to see it.

StrawbryBlondie
August 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I just don't want dye on my hair anymore. I think that will be my new reply. Or I'll say "Because I'm happy with my natural color"... To each their own I assume.

Eireann
August 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Tell her it's a fashion statement. If she's 45, she's old enough to remember Debbie Harry, one of the fashion icons of the punk rock era. (Or, you could just ignore her.)

Debbie Harry (http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/040908_blondie.jpg)

Eboshi
August 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Okay how did I know people were going to be easily offended by this post? First off I didn't say anything was wrong with being 45, obviously aging is part of life. Also, I didn't say anything was wrong with a nose ring as I have wanted my nose pierced for some time. What I do think is that it is trashy on HER. I apparently should have explained myself better because I knew someone was going to get in a snit because I mentioned her age, glitter, or a piercing. Basically what I was saying is she acts, looks, and talks like a whore and how dare she have the gull to say something like that to me about my hair when she herself has roots. I cannot believe that someone on here would actually think I was trying to directly offend them. If I had something to say and wanted to offend someone on purpose you would know it. I'm not the kind of person to just post something saying "everyone that is 45 looks like hell"...because I have intelligence.
*Mod hat ON*

1. StrawbryBlondie, please take some time to browse around the forums and get a feel for the atmosphere of TLHC. We are not like other forums and work very hard to keep it a harmonious and friendly place.

2. Clean up your language and your attitude. The profanity and defensiveness is not appreciated.

Ohio Sky
August 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I have no issues with 45, or with nose rings. Or being 45 with a nose ring. But the glitter? Am I the only one who hates this? :confused:

FrannyG
August 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I have no issues with 45, or with nose rings. Or being 45 with a nose ring. But the glitter? Am I the only one who hates this? :confused:

While it's not for me, if glitter makes someone feel good, who does it hurt? :shrug:

wintersun99
August 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM

I'm just really confused why you would care about what she thinks of you? Don't waste your time and energy, let it go :rolleyes:

akurah
August 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I wasn't offended in the least, but your attitude put me off a bit. My comment wasn't to show offense or be in any manner of snit, it was, at most, a lame attempt at humor and a lame attempt to point out that her being judgemental towards your roots showing isn't much different than your being judgemental towards her (though I suspect the difference here is she vocalized her judgementalness to you whereas I suspect you don't say similar to her).

We're pretty mellow here, or at least try to be. More than enough of us are opinionated to the point that you may be offended by our ideas (or vice versa) and thus anything you read here should be taken with a grain of salt AND, in many cases, where offense was (either accidentally or intentionally) made, ignored outright for the sake of keeping the peace. The mods WILL ban people for flagarant rules violations (including fighting), especially if they ignore warnings to knock it off. They'd likewise ban "oldbies" for the same, so its not just "newbies" who are at risk of this (ie, this isn't some elitist club or conspiracy against newbies or anyone else). :twocents:

StrawbryBlondie
August 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
....lol Get over yourself people.

Eboshi
August 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
....lol Get over yourself people.

Buh-bye

<PLOINK>

wintersun99
August 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hot d**n that was fast!

Eboshi