PDA

View Full Version : i love this twisty crown braid but..

cisforcupcakes
July 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
so I'm in love with the way this crown braid is done, but when I try to do it my hair is too long to end it the way she does. It just doesn't look right when my hair goes back to the other side of my head.

does anyone have any alternate ways to end it? i tried just going to the back of my head and then braiding it or putting it in a pony tail, but it's not the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLkOgDvt-1wOJDxPBxmB9Ovg

Madora
July 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
so I'm in love with the way this crown braid is done, but when I try to do it my hair is too long to end it the way she does. It just doesn't look right when my hair goes back to the other side of my head.

does anyone have any alternate ways to end it? i tried just going to the back of my head and then braiding it or putting it in a pony tail, but it's not the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLkOgDvt-1wOJDxPBxmB9Ovg

If you are aiming for the true "crown" effect, then when you reach the part of the braid where you began, take the remaining hair, twist it to the end gently (not tightly) then pin it under the crown you previously made. I use small crimped hairpins.

Ordinarily, though, I simply keep twisting the strands together and pin then along side the braid already made. Sometimes I'll also braid the remaining hair and pin it next to the crown braid.

Depending on your dexterity, you might start your lace crown braid at the nape, slightly off center, work around the head, then twist the hair left over into a bun and pin in place. End result: twisted lace crown braid with low twisted bun in center.

Panth
July 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM
How about this: start the twisted crown braid further back (behind your ear, rather than at the temple). Then, do the twisted crown forwards, past your ear, up above your forehead, down, past the other ear and finish at your nape. Then, if you have any significant length remaining you could do a 2 strand rope braid and make a low rose bun at the nape of your neck. This would also hide any messiness at the beginning of the twisted crown braid.

Arrow
July 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I can't even start this style, let alone finish! It's too hard! :(

jacqueline101
July 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I think its pretty.

Lostsoule77
July 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I did this for my wedding. I started where she did and ended it on the other side of my head behind my hair. I rope braided the rest and made a rose bun out of it. You could also just continue all the way around, rope braid the rest, and pin it next to the crown braid. :)