PDA

View Full Version : How bad does it look?

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hello, again:)

It is only a few days since my last thread, but I need some advice. I know I have a natural ombre look, but since I haven't had any outdoor photos of my hair so far, it has been difficult to get a good view of it. Also, I don't know what my natural hair color is, it varies from light to dark blonde, depending on the lighting conditions. Today, I talked my father into taking a few outdoor photos of my hair, and this is how it turned out. I'm not sure how "bad" it looks, if I should color it or if it looks ok enough to just leave it as it is. Many years ago I used a product called "glansvask" glans means gloss and vask means wash. It was for enhancing your natural color, to add depth, vibrance and shine and it washed out in a matter of weeks but I don't think such a product would be of much help now in evening out the color, I would need something stronger with color in it, but I don't know what I should choose, maybe some highlights?

So what do you think, should I color my hair, do you think I "need it", or is it ok enough to leave it as it is? I would prefer not to color, but if one time would be enough, then I would consider it.

ddiana1979
July 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I think your hair is beautiful. Honestly, maybe the picture isn't showing clearly what you're talking about, but I can't see *anything* wrong with it. I like the color. It just looks like you have natural highlights, which is normal.

Dovetail
July 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
It looks fine to me...my hair is like that naturally but in reverse. The sun hits my scalp and lightens it way more than the rest of my hair. If you dye it, youre just gonna have to wait for that to grow out and then youll want to dye it again once you hit this point again, right?

To be quite honest, I didnt notice at first since I looked at the pictures before reading your post, i was looking for damage or some giant chunk missing :3

akilina
July 30th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I am not sure what you are worried about...your hair looks lovely! You do not have a harsh line of demarcation.

On the other hand, it is hilarious to me when I try to get people in my life to take pictures of my hair for me! They're always like "Uh you are TOO obsessed" It takes careful convincing!

Tristelle
July 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Your hair is beautiful, as is your color.

browneyedsusan
July 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM
umm... I do not see what you see. I only see a beautiful head of hair. It's a little lighter on the ends, but I can barely see it, and wouldn't notice if I hadn't read your post. If I had that hair, I'd leave it alone. It looks wonderful just the way it is.

Shiranshoku
July 30th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous! There's absolutely no reason to dye it, imho. Just keep doing what you're doing because it looks very good :)

Amber_Maiden
July 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
your hair is lovely! not sure what you are worried about!

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I think your hair is beautiful. Honestly, maybe the picture isn't showing clearly what you're talking about, but I can't see *anything* wrong with it. I like the color. It just looks like you have natural highlights, which is normal.

Oh, thank you, ddiana1979:)I'm so glad you don't see anything wrong with the color:)

It looks fine to me...my hair is like that naturally but in reverse. The sun hits my scalp and lightens it way more than the rest of my hair. If you dye it, youre just gonna have to wait for that to grow out and then youll want to dye it again once you hit this point again, right?

To be quite honest, I didnt notice at first since I looked at the pictures before reading your post, i was looking for damage or some giant chunk missing :3

Thanks, Dovetail:) And you are right, I don't want to have to keep coloring my hair, every few weeks or months because of roots.

I hope you didn't spot any damage or giant chunk missing;)

I am not sure what you are worried about...your hair looks lovely! You do not have a harsh line of demarcation.

On the other hand, it is hilarious to me when I try to get people in my life to take pictures of my hair for me! They're always like "Uh you are TOO obsessed" It takes careful convincing!

Thank you, akilina, I was sure my hair looked bad:)

You should hear and see my father when he sees me fussing with my camera taking pictures of my hair, a lot of sighing, eye rolling and a lot of "why on earth do you do that all the time!!" That is why I hardly ever ask him to take hair photos of me. I got my fair share of sighing and moaning today to last me a long time. I don't know what the problem is, take two or three pictures, big deal:rolleyes:

Henrietta
July 30th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hey, if you prefer not to colour it, then don't! Is it written anywhere that a natural ombre look is something to be ashamed of and one should do anything to avoid it or get rid of it? There is hardly any thing that would be consider as bad by everyone. Maybe totally dry ends with triple split each. But natural ombre look is a great thing! It's perfectly normal and, besides, beautiful. Don't ask if you need it. You don't! It's not a defect at all! :) Not generally acknowledged one, at least (unlike the aforementioned completely ugly ends, as an example). If you don't like it, fix it. But it's not an defect in general.

pepperminttea
July 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I do see the colour difference, but honestly it's incredibly subtle. I'd leave it be, your hair's beautiful. :)

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Your hair is beautiful, as is your color.

Thank you so much, Tristelle:)

umm... I do not see what you see. I only see a beautiful head of hair. It's a little lighter on the ends, but I can barely see it, and wouldn't notice if I hadn't read your post. If I had that hair, I'd leave it alone. It looks wonderful just the way it is.

Thank you, browneyedsusan:) I thought I had a massive color difference, it almost screams to me through the screen.

Your hair looks gorgeous! There's absolutely no reason to dye it, imho. Just keep doing what you're doing because it looks very good :)

Thank you, Shiranshoku,:)

your hair is lovely! not sure what you are worried about!

Amber Maiden, thank you, maybe I have been to hard on myself:)

akilina
July 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Ahaha its funny. It is like we have to plan out who we ask for the different pics, atleast I do :P
Last time I tried to get my BF to take a picture of a new bun with my new hair toys I got a "UGH You're F-ing weird" Except he didn't say it as politely! Then my excuse was "well I can't see it in the mirror and I really want to be able to see it!!" Real excuse: I want to post it on TLHC!!

SpinDance
July 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Goodness! Your hair is lovely. Any variation in color must be your hairs natural progression as it is exposed to the sun and such. Nothing to worry about. Most hair lightens as it ages, at least some. I see absolutely nothing that would warrant the use of dye. Besides, dye will both change your color and cause damage, and if you decide to grow it back out natural you'll have years worth of growing to get rid of it. If you don't want natural sun lightening be sure to keep your hair covered when you're outside. No problem.

MaryMarx
July 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM
It's beautiful, just leave it that way! :)

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hey, if you prefer not to colour it, then don't! Is it written anywhere that a natural ombre look is something to be ashamed of and one should do anything to avoid it or get rid of it? There is hardly any thing that would be consider as bad by everyone. Maybe totally dry ends with triple split each. But natural ombre look is a great thing! It's perfectly normal and, besides, beautiful. Don't ask if you need it. You don't! It's not a defect at all! :) Not generally acknowledged one, at least (unlike the aforementioned completely ugly ends, as an example). If you don't like it, fix it. But it's not an defect in general.

Henrietta, :smooch:

I do see the colour difference, but honestly it's incredibly subtle. I'd leave it be, your hair's beautiful. :)

Thank you, pepperminttea:)

Goodness! Your hair is lovely. Any variation in color must be your hairs natural progression as it is exposed to the sun and such. Nothing to worry about. Most hair lightens as it ages, at least some. I see absolutely nothing that would warrant the use of dye. Besides, dye will both change your color and cause damage, and if you decide to grow it back out natural you'll have years worth of growing to get rid of it. If you don't want natural sun lightening be sure to keep your hair covered when you're outside. No problem.

Thank you, SpinDance:) it's so interesting to hear other members views on things.

It's beautiful, just leave it that way! :)

Thank you, MaryMarx:)

Tia2010
July 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I think it looks very pretty. :)

SerinaDaith
July 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Color me jealous girl, I have mousy brown hair with silver naturally and black from about three inches on down from a box. Your hair is lovely please do all us boring brunette bombshells a favor and leave it alone!

vanillabones
July 30th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I don't think your hair needs any color altering, it looks beautiful! I know what you're talking about the glosses, I get them on my hair once in awhile because I still have some old bleach. I wouldn't highlight if I were you your hair looks gorgeous as is!!

Cowgirl16
July 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Your color is beautiful :flower: I wouldn't change a thing. Everyones natural hair color has the ombre effect. Your color on top is very pretty and it doesn't look dull or funny. I have been thinking the same about my hair lately, I wish my looked as good as yours!:flowers:

LaFlor
July 30th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I didn't even notice the difference until you mentioned it. It's so subtle that I wouldn't bother to "fix" it! It looks completely natural and I wouldn't even think about it anymore. :blossom:

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I think it looks very pretty. :)

Thank you, Tia2010:)

Color me jealous girl, I have mousy brown hair with silver naturally and black from about three inches on down from a box. Your hair is lovely please do all us boring brunette bombshells a favor and leave it alone!

Oh, SerinaDaith, you are so sweet!! But I'm sure you are far from boring, but quite sure you are a bombshell;)

I don't think your hair needs any color altering, it looks beautiful! I know what you're talking about the glosses, I get them on my hair once in awhile because I still have some old bleach. I wouldn't highlight if I were you your hair looks gorgeous as is!!

vanillabones, thank you:)
Oh, Glosses, so that's what it is called in English, thanks for the explanation.

Your color is beautiful :flower: I wouldn't change a thing. Everyones natural hair color has the ombre effect. Your color on top is very pretty and it doesn't look dull or funny. I have been thinking the same about my hair lately, I wish my looked as good as yours!:flowers:

Thank you, Cowgirl16:) I thought my color on top WAS dull and boring.
My hair is nothing compared to yours, though:flower:

I didn't even notice the difference until you mentioned it. It's so subtle that I wouldn't bother to "fix" it! It looks completely natural and I wouldn't even think about it anymore. :blossom:

Thank you, LaFlor:blossom:

spirals
July 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I think it's beautiful and natural. If you really wanted to do a clear gloss without chemicals or damage, you could do cassia. But the color is just natural variations, which are much better than a solid block of color, in my opinion.

Cowgirl16
July 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
My hair is nothing compared to yours, though:flower:

Ahh we're both members of the "Mutual Admiration Society"

:hifive:

MrsGuther
July 30th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I think your hair is gorgeous!

Ice Fox
July 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
It doesn't look bad at all! You really don't need to colour it.

MsBubbles
July 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Are you growing out a color? I say that because your hair pics remind me of mine, and I am growing out golden blonde to dark ash blonde, and I can see a difference. In any case, your hair shades don't look bad at all, and look like they are somewhat natural. I wouldn't think there is any need to color it at all unless you just wanted to for fun.

dulce
July 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM
It's gorgeous!! please don't colour ,you will only do damage.The colour is lovely now,no need to colour in my opinion.

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I think it's beautiful and natural. If you really wanted to do a clear gloss without chemicals or damage, you could do cassia. But the color is just natural variations, which are much better than a solid block of color, in my opinion.

Thank you, spirals:) Is cassia something similar as henna?

Ahh we're both members of the "Mutual Admiration Society"

:hifive:

We sure are;) High five right back at 'ya:hifive:

I think your hair is gorgeous!

Thank you, MrsGuther:)

It doesn't look bad at all! You really don't need to colour it.

Thank you, Ice Fox:)

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Are you growing out a color? I say that because your hair pics remind me of mine, and I am growing out golden blonde to dark ash blonde, and I can see a difference. In any case, your hair shades don't look bad at all, and look like they are somewhat natural. I wouldn't think there is any need to color it at all unless you just wanted to for fun.

MsBubbles, I used what is called a gloss many years ago, but since then I haven't used anything regarding the color, thanks for asking. I too do see a difference in my hair color and in some lighting conditions I think it can look really bad, but then again in a different light it looks sort of ok. I honestly don't know what my hair color is. I appreciate your input.:)

ETA: It's the possibility of having a "growing out color" look I'm most concerned about, and that was one of the reasons why I started this thread.

It's gorgeous!! please don't colour ,you will only do damage.The colour is lovely now,no need to colour in my opinion.

Thanks for the comment ant compliment, dulce:)

earthnut
July 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I'd call it dark blonde, or blonette. There's a blonette pride thread around here somewhere. (Edit: here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80416)) I love the natural ombre look. It makes you look healthy and active. If I could have my choice of hair color, it would be like yours: sunkissed blonette. It's my favorite color!

AlicesPlatforms
July 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I think it looks really nice, it just fades into the lighter color! :) People pay to get their hair like that!

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I'd call it dark blonde, or blonette. There's a blonette pride thread around here somewhere. (Edit: here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80416)) I love the natural ombre look. It makes you look healthy and active. If I could have my choice of hair color, it would be like yours: sunkissed blonette. It's my favorite color!

What a lovely comment, earthnut, thank you:)

I think it looks really nice, it just fades into the lighter color! :) People pay to get their hair like that!

Thank you, AlicesPlatforms:)

CurlyCurves
July 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
It looks lovely :)

Madora
July 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s369/MacroglossumStellatarum/084-1-1.jpg[/IMG] http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s369/MacroglossumStellatarum/081-1-1.jpg

CastaDiva, my dear, why mess with perfection?!! I'd be proud to have hair as beautiful as yours!

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
It looks lovely :)

Thank you, CurlyCurves:)

CastaDiva, my dear, why mess with perfection?!! I'd be proud to have hair as beautiful as yours!

Madora, I don't know what to say...you are always so wonderful and supportive! Thank you so much:flowers:

catamonica
July 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Don't change the color. It looks great just the way it is.

lapushka
July 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I agree with the rest, I see nothing whatsoever wrong with your hair, and the transition to the slightly lighter blonde is hardly noticeable, very natural looking. I'd leave it alone. Coloring your hair could possibly turn this into a huge mess.

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Don't change the color. It looks great just the way it is.

Thank you, catamonica:)

I agree with the rest, I see nothing whatsoever wrong with your hair, and the transition to the slightly lighter blonde is hardly noticeable, very natural looking. I'd leave it alone. Coloring your hair could possibly turn this into a huge mess.

Thank you, lapushka:) Damage and possible upkeep are the strongest objectives I have against coloring.

terylenerose
July 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM
It's been said already, but I'm going to say it again: there's nothing wrong with your hair and a lot right. :)
I actually get the same ombre thing when my hair is longish and undyed. That's (partly) why I cut and dyed it in the first place. Of course, as you may be able to guess from my signature, I regretted my decision and am growing out the dyed stuff. For that reason, I don't recommend dyeing hair for the reason you've stated (ETA: well, okay, for any reason really), especially if you don't want to.

Elanadi
July 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I think your hair is beautiful, I love the color! I wouldn't change a thing about it. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Wow, I think your hair is beautiful just the way it is, I don't think you should dye it at all, just enjoy its unique loveliness.

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I think your hair is beautiful, I love the color! I wouldn't change a thing about it. :)

Thank you, Elanadi:)

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Wow, I think your hair is beautiful just the way it is, I don't think you should dye it at all, just enjoy its unique loveliness.

Thank you for your lovely compliment, Sarahlabyrinth:)

newbeginning
July 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I think your hair looks great as is. I wouldn't change anything.

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
It's been said already, but I'm going to say it again: there's nothing wrong with your hair and a lot right. :)
I actually get the same ombre thing when my hair is longish and undyed. That's (partly) why I cut and dyed it in the first place. Of course, as you may be able to guess from my signature, I regretted my decision and am growing out the dyed stuff. For that reason, I don't recommend dyeing hair for the reason you've stated (ETA: well, okay, for any reason really), especially if you don't want to.

terylenerose, thank you:)
Your hair looks gorgeous in your signature picture. I can't see any color difference in your hair, though. Your colors blend far better than mine:)

CastaDiva
July 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I think your hair looks great as is. I wouldn't change anything.

Thank you, newbeginning:)

Pearly~91
July 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Okay, so, I started reading your post and I could only see the top of the the picture so when I got done reading and scrolled down, expecting to see some sort of super horrible thing going on, I was like :agape: . There's NOTHING wrong with your hair, at least that's what I think. It's natural to have a bit of fading as the hair ages. If you aren't comfortable with dying it, and then re-dying when it fades and coloring roots as it grows out, then I say don't. Your hair is fantastic and coloring can do so much harm.

Mesmerise
July 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
So your hair is all natural, it just changes colour in the sun? If so... don't stress at all! I think it would be terrible to feel you had to change your colour just because it's lighter at the ends than at the roots (naturally!). I think most natural hair does this to some extent. Mine was always lighter at the ends compared to the roots (back before I hennaed... and even now I've hennaed it still is, but I think that's because the ends used to be dyed!).

Honestly, I don't think anyone would EVER look at your hair and say, "Gee that girl's hair is WEIRD because it's lighter at the ends than at the top!" I think putting in a colour would make it look less natural and it would probably just cause MORE of an issue in the end when your natural colour started growing back (because even if they match it perfectly, which is pretty hard, the colour usually will get some fading anyway and you're more likely to get a clear demarcation line, which you don't have naturally).

oktobergoud
July 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
It looks perfectly fine to me :)

jacqueline101
July 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Your hair looks great.

Lostsoule77
July 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I don't know that I would've noticed the color difference if you hadn't pointed it out. It's very slight and completely natural looking. If you dye your hair you will probably damage it, plus the constant upkeep. Also there is the one dimensional look that dyed hair has that is the worst. You have natural highlights & lightening! Gorgeous!

SunlightShines
July 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Your hair is beautiful & healthy looking! You don't need to change a thing! :)

MsBubbles
July 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
MsBubbles, I used what is called a gloss many years ago, but since then I haven't used anything regarding the color, thanks for asking. I too do see a difference in my hair color and in some lighting conditions I think it can look really bad, but then again in a different light it looks sort of ok. I honestly don't know what my hair color is. I appreciate your input.:)

ETA: It's the possibility of having a "growing out color" look I'm most concerned about, and that was one of the reasons why I started this thread.

That's what I thought, which is why I asked. I know exactly what you mean about it looking different in different lights. I would say look at it yourself in different lights and see if it bothers you! We all obviously don't think there's a strong demarcation line.

I was just thinking of doing a gloss and I have pretty much the same color hair as you, so I find this all very interesting :).

CastaDiva
July 31st, 2012, 02:14 AM
Okay, so, I started reading your post and I could only see the top of the the picture so when I got done reading and scrolled down, expecting to see some sort of super horrible thing going on, I was like :agape: . There's NOTHING wrong with your hair, at least that's what I think. It's natural to have a bit of fading as the hair ages. If you aren't comfortable with dying it, and then re-dying when it fades and coloring roots as it grows out, then I say don't. Your hair is fantastic and coloring can do so much harm.

Thank you, Pearly-91:)

So your hair is all natural, it just changes colour in the sun? If so... don't stress at all! I think it would be terrible to feel you had to change your colour just because it's lighter at the ends than at the roots (naturally!). I think most natural hair does this to some extent. Mine was always lighter at the ends compared to the roots (back before I hennaed... and even now I've hennaed it still is, but I think that's because the ends used to be dyed!).

Honestly, I don't think anyone would EVER look at your hair and say, "Gee that girl's hair is WEIRD because it's lighter at the ends than at the top!" I think putting in a colour would make it look less natural and it would probably just cause MORE of an issue in the end when your natural colour started growing back (because even if they match it perfectly, which is pretty hard, the colour usually will get some fading anyway and you're more likely to get a clear demarcation line, which you don't have naturally).

Thanks for your input, Mesmerise:) I have never had a picture of the back of my head taken outside before, so it was quite interesting to see how the color difference looks in daylight outside. When I look at the back of my head in mirrors inside, the color difference is more or less noticeable, depending on where in the house I am. I get some almost white stripes in the front and on the sides during summer, but not so much on the back.

As I said to MsBubbles, it is the "growing out color" look I'm most concerned about.

It looks perfectly fine to me :)

Thank you, oktobergoud:)

Your hair looks great.

Thank you, jaqueline101:)

I don't know that I would've noticed the color difference if you hadn't pointed it out. It's very slight and completely natural looking. If you dye your hair you will probably damage it, plus the constant upkeep. Also there is the one dimensional look that dyed hair has that is the worst. You have natural highlights & lightening! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much, Lostsoule77:) Yes, damage and upkeep are worrying me.

Your hair is beautiful & healthy looking! You don't need to change a thing! :)

Thank you, SunlightShines:)

jojo
July 31st, 2012, 02:36 AM
It's totally natural for lighter hair coliurs to be lighter on the ends, the roots are brand new and have not had as much expos sure to the sun...relax your hair is beautiful as it is!

CastaDiva
July 31st, 2012, 02:59 AM
It's totally natural for lighter hair coliurs to be lighter on the ends, the roots are brand new and have not had as much expos sure to the sun...relax your hair is beautiful as it is!

Thank you, jojo:)

CorinaS
July 31st, 2012, 03:06 AM
Your natural color is very nice and your hair looks pretty healthy; if you dye it, it will definitely damage in time. Where I live, natural blonde hair is very rare and very appreciated, so I can't understand your desire to change it. I'd keep it, if I were you, but it's your decision in the end.

Natalia
July 31st, 2012, 03:16 AM
i looked at the pic before i read the post and could not find what the problem you were speaking of was. once i read the post i went back to have a closer inspection i can see it just slightly in the first pic but not at all in the second. so basically if you hadnt told me i wouldnt have picked up on it. if it would make you feel better check out my length album the longest shot with the jeans and tank top gives a decent sample of my grow out.

AnnaB
July 31st, 2012, 03:23 AM
your hair looks really pretty! and most people pay to have the ombre look :P

CastaDiva
July 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM
Your natural color is very nice and your hair looks pretty healthy; if you dye it, it will definitely damage in time. Where I live, natural blonde hair is very rare and very appreciated, so I can't understand your desire to change it. I'd keep it, if I were you, but it's your decision in the end.

Thank you for your comment, CorinaS:)

i looked at the pic before i read the post and could not find what the problem you were speaking of was. once i read the post i went back to have a closer inspection i can see it just slightly in the first pic but not at all in the second. so basically if you hadnt told me i wouldnt have picked up on it. if it would make you feel better check out my length album the longest shot with the jeans and tank top gives a decent sample of my grow out.

Thank you, Natalia:) I checked out your album, and your hair is very beautiful! I can't see any grow out in your photo, though, all I can see is the sunshine hitting your hair:)

your hair looks really pretty! and most people pay to have the ombre look :P

Thank you, AnnaB:)

Natalia
August 1st, 2012, 01:12 AM
Thank you, Natalia:) I checked out your album, and your hair is very beautiful! I can't see any grow out in your photo, though, all I can see is the sunshine hitting your hair :)

aww your sweet. that one was taken on the fly a we were leaving i feel like my hair looks really dull and kinda frizzy but i like it for a length shot since i take them so infrequantly and at that length it had gotten darn hard to take one myself lol

Quixii
August 1st, 2012, 01:23 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I have to be honest, I looked at the pictures first after the title and looked for something wrong with it. Not finding anything, I then read your post. :p

AnqeIicDemise
August 1st, 2012, 01:30 AM
It quite literally took me a few minutes of staring at your pictures, then reading the paragraph and back to finally realize what this 'bad' thing is.

Um.. I think your natural hair is stunning. I know of too many women who'd pay their left kidney for a dye job half as 'natural looking' as what this good green earth has given you.

If you want to color it, that's kosher. But if you feel you *need* to because of some aesthetic that is 'in' right now, stop inhaling the crazy, beautiful. You're fine the way you are.

CastaDiva
August 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I have to be honest, I looked at the pictures first after the title and looked for something wrong with it. Not finding anything, I then read your post. :p

Oh, thank you so much, Quixii:)

It quite literally took me a few minutes of staring at your pictures, then reading the paragraph and back to finally realize what this 'bad' thing is.

Um.. I think your natural hair is stunning. I know of too many women who'd pay their left kidney for a dye job half as 'natural looking' as what this good green earth has given you.

If you want to color it, that's kosher. But if you feel you *need* to because of some aesthetic that is 'in' right now, stop inhaling the crazy, beautiful. You're fine the way you are.

Thank you, AnqeIicDemise, you are very kind:)

The words "you are fine the way you are" means a lot to me. And the reason for coloring my hair would be to sort of "please the rest of the world".

LadyLongLocks
August 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
I would leave it as is. It looks fine to me. Don't take the chance on coloring it.