PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare scenario...

MissHair
March 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I keep having this reoccuring bad day dream that what if I had rapunzel long hair (lets say.. knee/ancles-ish long..) and I was walking down the street in town and some crazy person came up to me with scissors and cut my hair off...

My question is then.. Would that be considered as a crime? If someone cut my hair againts my will, is that a crime? Would I be able to press charges or go to court because someone took something very precious away from me that took years and years to grow?

This thought keeps popping up in my head and Im curious to know if that would be a crime.. I keep having the same nightmare scenario on my head.. The day I have such long hair... And if I should hide it in public or do updos if there are cruel people wanting to joke around with scissors..

truepeacenik
March 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd call it assault.
I also think we longhairs tend to worry about it too much.

I have classic hair and I do occasionally wear it down, but always up if I'm out and a bout using busses and trains, and late at night.

I keep telling myself that my hairsticks can be a good weapon in a pinch.

Carina
March 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I have had that same dream.I always with my heart in my throat when that happens.It is a very scary dream.But there is a ot of crazy people out there:taz: you know:mad:

florenonite
March 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I think it would at least count as theft, if not assault. After all, they're taking something of yours.

Lixie
March 16th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure if it counts as assualt here.. it should do.

jojo
March 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
i would think this amounts to assault, as is if anybody touched you or your hair without permission would be, what a scary thought though xx

Blueglass
March 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Be aware of your surroundings-especially if you go abroad or someplace crowded or new. I feel it is good to place hair over the shoulder and tucked into your clothes, putting as much of it into your space as possible. Be especially carefull if you travel to Asia were hair trade is very active, and persons may be motivated by money. This is even more true for a rare color, such as blonde, red, or silver. In this case wear a buns and hats such as those found at Modest World. The commerialization of hair has created this crime. If more people cared for there own hair they would not be apt to want it as a commodity. Anybody who sells it-especially major sellers has contributed to this.

NightingaleLHC
March 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Well I'm going to law school in the fall and if its not already a law, maybe I can help make it one! Even though I don't want to be a litigator, I would take it upon myself as my solemn duty to represent anyone that this happened to!

ChloeDharma
March 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't know if it is here, i'm not sure how successful a conviction would be given what people seem to get away with now.

I often worry (well, not so much worry but feel aware) about groups of teenagers especially on busses doing something to my hair.

This happened to me in my early 20's when i was sat on a low wall waiting for a bus after work and this group of teenage girls (you know the type, sharing one *** between them and being gobby) crouded around me and asked for a ciggy, i said i was on my last one and they walked off muttering stuff. When i got home i sat on the step of the doors going out to the grass where there was a tree there having a coffee and felt something in my hair. I thought that it was something from the tree then realised lengths of hair were coming out in my fingers from one spot.....the bitches had burnt there with their stub they had!
I went psycho of course and kept on the lookout for them to return the favour but i guess luckily never found them.

Anyway, yes it can happen, but don't stress over it too much, i just wouldn't go around with my hair easily got at much.