PDA

View Full Version : No Conditioner + ACV + Mineral Oil Experiment

wooliswonderful
July 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I read on a thread concerning mineral oil use that some had been able to forego conditioner with good results. I had already been regularly following conditioning with a cool ACV rinse that I left in. I decided to do a wash, ACV rinse, and then mineral oil application on damp hair.
I was so surprised at how tangle-free, soft, and smooth my hair felt today! I normally don't wear day 1 hair down at church as It feels too unruly and fluffy, if that makes sense.
The coolest part is I have always needed to have my hair slightly damp to get any kind of decent bun-wavage.
This afternoon I put my totally dry hair up in a lazy wrap bun and just took it down after about 5.5 hours. It may not look like much as with my length I only get a few twists, thus only a few wave crests or whatever the term may be. For me this is a big deal thoughand I am totally happy with my hair today! :D

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc108/wool_is_wonderful/bunwaves-2.jpg

ETA: I know looking upon the pic again my first wave looks huge & wonky and my ends are weird, but I hadn't finger combed or anything upon removing my hairstick. :)
I also wanted to add that I washed with V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying, followed with 1oz ACV diluted in 8 oz of cold water. I applied the drugstore-type regular mineral oil in the method I think Madora has mentioned; pouring a small amount into cap, dipping q-tip in, then coating hands with a sheen. I first ran my hands down the length from ears down, one hand on each side then focused on ends and a tiny bit towards the top. I finger combed lightly as it dried before leaving and had a twist for the ride to church, then took it down for 3.5 hours there.

kitschy
July 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Soooo shiny. I'm envious.

Wildcat Diva
July 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I am happy for you. I don't need conditioner either. I can use citric acid rinse instead of the ACV. I do use a leave in of Nightblooming's Panacea hair salve in place of the mineral oil. Mineral oil worked great, but I had to try the Panacea. I love that stuff so much I spend over $40 on a huge tub of it that I keep in my fridge (I am set for a couple of years with that at least) I need no conditioner. However I do keep some conditioner around for an SMT, and in case I over oil.

CurlyCurves
July 30th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I wanna try!

afu
July 30th, 2012, 05:34 AM
were you washing with shampoo in this experiment?
My hair can easily go without conditioner if I WO and only needs the 'scrubby/cleansing' conditioner in CO if I follow with a lemon rinse and sweet almond oil

wooliswonderful
July 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Soooo shiny. I'm envious.
Thanks, Kitschy!

I am happy for you. I don't need conditioner either. I can use citric acid rinse instead of the ACV. I do use a leave in of Nightblooming's Panacea hair salve in place of the mineral oil. Mineral oil worked great, but I had to try the Panacea. I love that stuff so much I spend over $40 on a huge tub of it that I keep in my fridge (I am set for a couple of years with that at least) I need no conditioner. However I do keep some conditioner around for an SMT, and in case I over oil.
I've been wanting to try the Panacea for awhile. It seems pricey but if it lasts that long I may want to treat myself. :D

I wanna try!
If you do I hope it works well. :) Your hair is amazing!

were you washing with shampoo in this experiment?
My hair can easily go without conditioner if I WO and only needs the 'scrubby/cleansing' conditioner in CO if I follow with a lemon rinse and sweet almond oil

I washed with VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying. I want to try WO sometime but am nervous that my hair won't smell pretty. I suppose using a nice smelling oil or baby oil instead of plain mineral would help.

Shield31
July 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Beautiful hair, wooliswonderful !! :cheer: