PDA

View Full Version : Is this conditioner bad to use on a regular basis?

Equus
July 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought this new conditioner (EO Essentials Clarifying Formula Conditioner). Is it bad to use this when every time I CO? I generally Cowash every 2-3 days. I am not sure about the clarifying agent, if it might be too harsh. I didn't even know conditioner could be clarifying. Here's the list of ingredients:

Purified Water, Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Behenalkonium Chloride (and) Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, Organic Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, EO Essential Oil Blend, EO Organic Herb Blend [Organic Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Flower Extract, Organic Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Organic White Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract, Organic Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract], Organic Lecithin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Phytate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate

earthnut
July 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM
That conditioner is fine for CO, I don't see any of the usual culprits for build up.

It's called clarifying probably just because it's meant to be used with their clarifying shampoo. It probably isn't clarifying on its own. In fact, with the high coconut oil content, it's probably supposed to remoisturize the hair after clarifying.

Equus
July 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Ok, Thanks! That's kind of what I thought, but I'm not really good with the ingredients list yet. I just had to buy the conditioner though, it was only eight bucks at my TJMaxx!

pepperminttea
July 29th, 2012, 11:14 PM
It has protein in it, so depending on how your hair reacts to that you might need to rotate it with a protein-free conditioner to avoid protein overload. Other than that it looks fine for CO to me. :)