PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye accident

petali
July 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I was dying my mom's hair (don't ask) with some black hair dye, and I think I touched my hair by accident, and now I have a black mark on my hair. I'm not too worried about the look, because it's a small spot and I can simply put my hair on top, but I just hate the idea that it's going to stay there forever... (until it grows out). It was clairol root touch up nice'n easy 10 minute root makeover. I have never done any dying to my hair, so this is just very scary. Any ideas to take out the dye without damaging my hair?
By the way: it's been around one hour since the dye is in my hair. I just noticed it.

PinkyCat
July 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Is the rest of your hair color virgin? If so, try using some Color Oops on the spot & it won't damage your hair. If your hair is colored you will have to reapply the original color again after.

petali
July 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, the rest of it is virgin. Thanks, I'll look into that. I think I over-reacted a bit, for you see it's a small spot, and not very noticeable.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/petalieirene/hairdye.png

Bunnysaur
July 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all, I think it's kinda cool.
(This is coming from someone who dyed her medium brown hair black and missed a spot in the back, leaving a bright brown spot in the middle of the black. Your hair looks fine) :blossom:

Tisiloves
July 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
It looks fine, it should fade a little as well. If it really bothers you a little coour oops should get it right out (and being black you should have little to no colour lift).

ETA: I did once perm on dyed black hair and spent a week looking like a ginger poodle dalmation cross before I colour b4'd the rest out.:oops:

petali
July 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys! :) I was just scared of the damage.

CurlyCurves
July 30th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! /endgatecrash

jojo
July 30th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Wash your hair in some head and shoulders a few times that will help fade it some but overtime it will fade. It really doesn't. Look that bad and it could have been worse....it could have been bleach!

petali
July 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks CurlyCurves, I love your curly hair! I got rid of the color with Color Oops and it took out the stain on my carpet :P