PDA

View Full Version : I converted my Mom to CO!

johnnystiletto
July 29th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I was shopping with my Mom today, and we stopped in Walgreen's for a minute. Mom was looking at shampoos and asking me what I thought about different ones, and noticed the Renpure cleansing conditioner.

I explained CO to her (her hair has been SO dry and brittle ever since her hysterectomy :() and she decided that she wants to try it! Over the past few years, she has given up heat styling, only colors with henna instead of box dyes, and has gotten hooked on coconut oil. Hopefully the CO will work for her!

Of course, I ended up picking up EVEN MORE CO conditioners, as if I needed any more ;)

Kayla Nyx
July 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
awesome!! I wish her good-luck! I just also switched over to CO. got my fingers crossed. :)

Natalia
July 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM
thats cool! i hope it works for her hair :). im currently tring to get my mom to try plopping and other curly methods. she is a curly but insists she cant get the pattern she wants without blowfrying followed by hot rollers. she violates alot of the curly rules number 1 being she brushes multiple times a day!

Amber_Maiden
July 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
That's awesome! Hope it works for her!!!

Shepherdess
July 29th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yay :cheer: that is great! I hope it turns out nice for her! :)

johnnystiletto
July 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Haha, she just called me; she tried the Renpure when she got home and LOVES how her hair feels!

I told her all about what to expect when transitioning to CO and not to give up on it too early.

Here's hoping we convert her!

momoftwo708
July 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I was told to co what does it actually do for the hair

Dovetail
July 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Oh! How neat that your mom is so open to trying all the neat hair things :) i hope the co works well for her. Just remind her rinse rinse rinse! Let us know how it works for her.

Momo, with my hair, it got rid of my straw ends, and made my length much softer and much less tangeley. I was worried about it making my roots greesey, but if you let the conditioner sit on the roots for a while before rinsing it has mild surficants which clean just like shampoo but much less harsh. For curly and wavey girls, Ive seen it bring out the majority of the waves/curls, dropong silicones helps with the wave/curl patterns also. Wavey hair (like ours) can absorb more mositure than straight hair (curly hair can absorb A LOT of moisture)

Currently, Im trying some leave in conditioner too! You should check out the CO thread topic in here (and the wavey/whirly one too!) :3 its full of lots of nice people who help me immensely. (end rambling)