PDA

View Full Version : Miconazole Nitrate, Paleo Diet, Heavy Metal Detox

palebluelantern
July 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
So, after abusing my hair for years I have decided to get serious and take care of it so I can grow it out healthily. I got a permanent wave and that did some serious damage to my fine hair about two years ago.

I cut my hair to chin length about four months ago and regretted it terribly (though I'm glad I got rid of all the damaged hair)! Thankfully, it's at SL now. My goal is to get it back where it was when I cut it, at APL.

I'm doing CO washes now with earth science fragrance-free, cone-free conditioner and it's been really helping me with the manageability of my hair. I wish I'd found out about this sooner.

The very best thing I've done for my hair is the Andrew Hall Cutler, PhD protocol for heavy metal toxicity. He's a biochemist from Princeton who got sick from heavy metals and used DMPS to detoxify. His is the real deal, no "colon cleanses" or other malarkey. He was able to quantify how much heavy metals were being excreted in his lab while using the oral chelation agents.

Well, I was super sick with all the same symptoms he had, so I did a lot of research and skeptically went ahead...well, it was the best decision I've ever made because not only did I recover physically, I went from having really stiff, mousy-colored, slow-growing greasy hair to vibrant strawberry blonde, soft hair (it's still a tad oily, but not nearly as bad as it used to be!). I grows a lot faster, too. People were asking me if I'd dyed my hair! :joy: Not to be all TMI, but the biggest difference was that I used to have "crispy" pubic hair...and it's soft and springy again. My boyfriend joined me with the protocol and the exact same thing happened to his pubic hair after about six months. Sorry!

You can read the reviews of his book here: http://www.amazon.com/Amalgam-Illness-Diagnosis-Treatment-Better/dp/0967616808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343586675&sr=8-1&keywords=amalgam+illness
Thanks to him, I've been obsessed with neurobehavioral toxicology for three years and can answer and questions anyone might have. *steps off soapbox*

I've also decided to give Miconazole Nitrate a try, so I'm adding it to my CO washes. I read a lot of people saying it was too expensive to keep using, but I get mine through All Day Chemist, an Indian pharmacy. It's $1.01 per tube, but the shipping is $25, so you have to buy a lot to make it worth your while. I'm adding the cream to the conditioner, and letting it sit for a few minutes and rinsing it off. I can't imagine actually keeping in on my scalp when going about my day. I just started doing that yesterday, so I can't tell yet whether it's grown any.

I'm also doing the Paleo diet (or the Specific Carbohydrate Diet) and my nails have been really growing quickly. For anyone who doesn't know, this is a grain and dairy-free diet, so you eat lots of (preferably organic) meat, vegetables, eggs, nuts, fruits, and oils. I admit to eating a bit of cheese once in a while and lots of butter! :yumm: I also take a myriad of different vitamins and minerals. I can't wait to see what kind of impact this has on my hair growth.

jacqueline101
July 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I've never tried the methods you've mentioned except I do use Miconazole nitrate for hair growth. I apply mine to the scalp daily don't rinse out. I've done this for a year now. I've had good luck with it.

palebluelantern
August 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
That's great that you've seen good results from the Miconazole. If you don't mind my asking, did you keep track of the hair growth? If so, what was your average hair growth before, and how much improvement was there after the treatments?

AutumnJasmine
August 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
It's funny how hair disasters bring so many of us here. I also completely destroyed my hair and had to cut it to my chin. I found LHC after that. I now have hair to my shoulders. I wish our society would emphasize care and acceptance of natural hair more.

What is the Andrew Hall Cutler, PhD protocol for heavy metal toxicity?

MsBubbles
August 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
You're the first person I've heard mention The Specific Carbohydrate Diet in many years. I turned to it years ago and it helped my UC immensely. I eventually went paleo (wheat, grain, soy & legume free) in February of this year. My health is improving greatly, but I still have the amalgam fillings. Are there safe ways to remove those? I'm afraid my teeth'll all fall out if I do that now.

palebluelantern
August 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Yes! You're going to want to find a dentist who follows the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (http://iaomt.org/patients/search/index.php)'s protocol for safe amalgam removal.

There is an amazing group of very knowledgable folks at the Yahoo group frequent-dose-chelation (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/frequent-dose-chelation/). They are a support forum for people using Andy Cutler's heavy metal detoxification. They will tell you how to order and interpret a hair test, or you can buy Andy's books Amalgam Illness and Hair Test Interpretation.

After you have your amalgams removed, you should begin chelation. Frequent dose chelation is safe because the chelating agent is dosed on the half-life in small doses so that you don't overwhelm your body with heavy metals that your body can't excrete fast enough. DMPS chelation actually makes me feel quite good, and that's really common. Improper chelation (IV push"challenge test," or 3-times-a-day dosage) can do a lot of harm, but proper chelation can really have miraculous results like it did for me. If you have any health problems, you'll no doubt see big improvements, and the effect on your hair should be noticeable pretty quickly.

I use DMPS, and if you want to know my source after you have your amalgams removed, go ahead and PM me (Can you PM on here?). I tried DMSA, and I personally think it's an inferior chelator.

Good luck!

palebluelantern
August 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
It's funny how hair disasters bring so many of us here. I also completely destroyed my hair and had to cut it to my chin. I found LHC after that. I now have hair to my shoulders. I wish our society would emphasize care and acceptance of natural hair more.

What is the Andrew Hall Cutler, PhD protocol for heavy metal toxicity?

Just today, I was gazing longingly at old photos of my long hair! Haha. How long has it taken for your hair to grow to shoulder length? Mine's been growing for about six months. It's at the stage where I'm keeping it up most of the time, or "the awkward length." Maybe the awkward length will sudden become the new trend, and I can rock my weird length unashamedly! Wouldn't that be a dream? Haha.

Here is an overview of the Andy Cutler heavy metal protocol (http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol).