PDA

View Full Version : That Feeling When You BRush Your Hair...

Amber_Maiden
July 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Anyone else just love brushing their hair? Or is it the opposite for you?

I really love brushing my hair. I brush twice a day maximum (if I'm lucky), but most of the time it's only once, and sometimes I go days without brushing it (life of a single mom :lol:). Anyways, that feeling when I brush my hair is a good one.

I've read about some people on the boards who are addicted to brushing their hair... and I can imagine why! I doubt brushing it too often can be good for it however... Thoughts?

millyaulait
July 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I loooooove it, too!

I only use a BBB but it makes my hair feel so lovely, and it's kind of therapeutic/relaxing at the same time? :p

I also really love brushing my SO's hair, but he doesn't let me do it often. It makes me feel all loving towards him. Weird! :lol:

DarkCurls
July 29th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I always hated brushing my hair. :p With any kind of brush, really. No brushes for me, now.
I've had moments of envy when watching a BBB go over straight, smooth-as-silk hair, but yeah... not on my head, no thanks.

hyettf16
July 29th, 2012, 07:13 AM
When I'm mad, I like to take a deep breath and brush my hair, then make a few micro braids. It calms me down :P

Madora
July 29th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Oh, yes!!! I LOVE brushing my hair (100 strokes) in the morning! Makes my mane feel luxurious and I love to see the length glinting in the sunlight. I love my bbb!

Kayla Nyx
July 29th, 2012, 07:25 AM
oh, I know how you feel! :D I have a very itchy scalp, so whenever I get angry or I'm bored or sad, or just whenever I'll brush my hair. feels good on the head!

neko_kawaii
July 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I found brushing my hair to be a bit of a chore until I had a kid. Now it is my few moments to myself, and very relaxing.

Ticky
July 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I like the feeling, but sometimes I'm too lazy :o

It can't be just any type of brush, though. Those with long, soft bristles feel the best :D

Picotee
July 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I like brushing my hair but I LOVE it when someone else does it for me- I instantly feel calm and get goosebumps!

Henrietta
July 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I like the feeling of bristles on my scalp. BBB is too soft, so I have bought a TT and that's what I missed! But I can brush only on a wash day, because otherwise my hair looks oily near the scalp immediately. I tried 50 strokes for each half t distribute the sebum more, because I thought that maybe I just have to spread it more evenly, but it's just worse.

jojo
July 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I totally love brushing my hair, it's killed my waves but ahhhhh that tingly scalp feel oh so worth it

cranberrymoonz
July 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I totally love brushing my hair too! It makes it very soft and silky. My boyfriend has quite long hair too, and I often brush it. I'm not really addicted to brushing, but maybe a little to playing with hair in general. I love brushing, braiding, trimming it^^

lapushka
July 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
No brusher here. My hair's only brushed once, and that's right before a wash and after it's been detangled with a wide tooth comb. If my hair was brushed every day, my waves would frizz and it would be unsightly. But I do love the feeling of a brush (TT) on my scalp! :D

SongofLove
July 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I found brushing my hair to be a bit of a chore until I had a kid. Now it is my few moments to myself, and very relaxing.

Yeah, I find this to be true of most hair care routines for me...When I was younger, I didn't like doing it (that's why I favored very short hair as a kid), but now, combing/detangling and brushing are my moments of peace in a busy day!

Asprettyasme
July 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
#error

#An error occurred.

patienceneeded
July 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I love to brush my hair but usually only do it at night, before braiding for bed. I use a Denman brush, with the hard plastic bristle and I think they feel GREAT against my scalp! I have yet to find a BBB that does any more than run down the surface of my hair...so I stick with my Denman. I am looking at a bamboo pin brush, but haven't decided yet.

Usually I use my lovely, cheap, plastic and seamless Goody wide-tooth comb. Love my cheapo comb!

MissManda
July 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I really enjoy brushing my hair because it is so sensual. I like to grab my hair and feel how soft it is and its present length and I just love how my brushes (TT and/or BBB) make my hair even softer and shinier. I enter a very relaxed, almost meditative state. It gives me a strong sense of taking care of and loving myself and my body, which is very important.

I also like having someone special brush my hair for me like my DBF. Makes me feel like royalty. :crush:

I try not to brush my hair more than twice a day because I am concerned about damaging it. I just try to focus on enjoying the moments I do spend brushing and look forward to the next time. :)

Dang3rousB3auty
July 29th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I usually brush my hair before bed, and I do like it. It most definitely feels better if someone else does it for you.

cowgirllong
July 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I love the feeling of brushing my hair and just feeling it slide through. But I am not brushing these days. It is a great feeling, though. My other favorite is the feeling of my wide tooth comb on my scalp. Heaven.

gratitudinous
July 29th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I like brushing my hair but I LOVE it when someone else does it for me- I instantly feel calm and get goosebumps!

Same here! I think it's because I've been taking care of my own hair for as long as I can remember, so it feels extra luxurious to have someone else do it. I look forward to my Mom trimming my hair just for that! :D

I'm on a finger combing experiment right now, just for poops and giggles, and this thread it making me want to break my Denman out of jail! :laugh:

KwaveT
July 29th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I only use a BBB not a regular hair brush so it doesn't penetrate to the scalp. I love to use a tangle teezer for stimulation of the scalp. I only do it before I am going to wash or just simply to wet the hair. I know when I send combs and brushes through my hair that is going to seperate and frizz the heck out of my curls. My medication causes a lot of shedding so I do it no more than once a day.

kaydana
July 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I love brushing my hair. Combing just doesn't do it for me, I love the feel of a brush on my scalp, and I love how my hair looks afterwards.

Tia2010
July 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I love brushing my hair. I use a wooden peg brush and it feels so good on my scalp! I usually brush with that in the morning and then before bed I do it again and follow it with my bbb. I tried to stop brushing when I found LHC but I couldn't ... so I just switched to more hair friendly brushes :D

Natalia
July 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
when i have the time thats my morning "me" moment. such a nice way to wake up.... :) im a comb only girl but its still nice. like today was my comb out day (i generally dont have time to detangle all the way in the am) i took my time got all the shed heairs out and finish with a light coat of monoi tiare oil so whenever i catch a breeze i smell delightful.

shutterpillar
July 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I do love brushing my hair, but it definitely makes it frizzier if I do it too often, so I only do it a couple times a week, max (usually before I hop in the shower.) Mostly it is just finger combed.

wooliswonderful
July 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I love brushing with my BBB. It's so relaxing!

SerinaDaith
July 29th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My head is super tender so brushing is generally painful however in the shower as I rinse conditioner out with a pick can be lovely, that is about as much brushing as my curlyish hair gets right now. It's too short to pull back super smoothly right now so I pin my front up every so often to keep it out of my face but it looks best curly and brushing breaks my curly wavy hot mess too much to look good at my current short length. Maybe I'll get back into it as I get enough hairto pull into protective styles. We'll see.

Fairlight63
July 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I like to brush my hair also it feels so good on the scalp if I bend over & brush it with a BBB. But I don't think that it is good for my hair. I already have pretty thin fine hair. Last night I bent over & brushed my hair, it felt so good, but I lost so much hair! Maybe they was ready to fall out any way, but it was scary!
Also my hair gets so frizzy & fly a way when I brush it, I am afraid that I am breaking off some hairs. So, I don't know, but I don't think that my 2a, thin, fine TBL hair should be brushed very much. When I used to have real short hair it felt so good, but it was short & I did not notice that it poofed up my hair then. Then when I stand back up I have to get all of the tangles out again. My hair just tangles up in itself so easy! I usually just comb it or use a Tangle teezer on it standing up, get the tangles out & then braid it & bun it so that it does not tangle.

AcornMystic
July 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I LOVE brushing my hair. It has to be with my BBB though. I use it less and less these days though because I'm trying to cut the amount of friction my hair endures, so I haven't listed it as part of my routine as its use is very sporadic, but I love how it glides over and slightly through my hair, pulling gently, like a preening mother's tongue. I get the same feeling when I run my fingers through my hair or at the thought of owning a luxuriously long mane. Just the thought of it is soo relaxing... someone mentioned royalty, haha, that's the serene feeling I get. Oh man, and don't even get me on my hubby brushing my hair. I am a queen when he slides that brush over my head and down the little length I have. A plus is that to him, he doesn't need to be brushing my hair to make it so, so I feel all the more pampered. So to answer your question again, I love brushing my hair and I totally get that feeling...:cool: