PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever spotted someone that you think is a member of LHC?

tiarefleur
July 29th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Today I was at a coffee shop by my school, and I saw an older woman with long, blonde hair (tailbone length maybe?) in a neat braid with a parandi woven in. I wanted to ask her if she was a member here, but I didn't since I would've felt a bit stupid if she had no clue what I was talking about.

I know it seems silly to assume that someone is a member here based on the way their hair looks, but I can't help but associate certain styles and looks with LHC. We do have a good amount of members, and I know that this site gets a good amount of traffic since it frequently popped up when I used to google things about hair before I joined. It's possible right?

Have any of you ever seen someone who you thought was a member here, and if so did you ask them?

anime_length
July 29th, 2012, 02:46 AM
All the time & no. I haven't asked. I don't know why...

blondie9912
July 29th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I definitely smell some LHC in your coffee shop experience today, lol! And I don't think I would ever ask out of the blue (though I might if I had complimented their hair and they responded well). You really never know with strangers, some can be incredibly polite, but some are just awfully rude, to the point where I wish I had never spoken to them in the first place. I could foresee asking a (potentially) rude individual with nice hair if they were a member of LHC being quite an awkward encounter :D

jojo
July 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I remember a few years back being on a train and saw a lady with a cinnamon bun being held in by a ficcare I was dying to ask her but was too shy too, but I'd bet she was her hair looked very healthy.

Amber_Maiden
July 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I sometimes see people with very long hair, but only sometimes do I think they might be a member.

millyaulait
July 29th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Not in real life, no.

But there is a show called 'One Born Every Minute', and one of the midwives was wearing a hairstick in a really pretty style, and I thought 'Eeee, maybe she's a LHCer!' :p

jacqueline101
July 29th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Yes on quite a few occasions but I never did ask them. They've ranged from waist to tail bone one classic length.

Viola88
July 29th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I think we need member cards so we can whip 'em out of our purses etc and use them as a conversation starter :D

clanless
July 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
If someone has shiny reddish orange hair done in an updo, I do think that. I usually find potential henna heads at Whole Foods. Always at Whole Foods.
Now if any of you are near Venice, CA, then I am pretty sure I spotted some of you.

Ice Fox
July 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I have a couple of times, but I haven't asked. After all, you wouldn't look at me and think I'm a member (shoulder length at present) so I haven't wanted to make assumptions. Of course, it's probably the one with the buzz cut who is, and the one with the bun who isn't! Such would be my luck!

Dovetail
July 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I would totally love member cards! ^-^ Or some cute hair stick only sold to LHC members so we could spot it and go "ooh ooh!" hehe I don't think I'd ask someone I didn't know.

Maybe if they were next to me on the bus or something I might casually mention something, since then I could send them this way if they weren't a member.

Neneka
July 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
To me "LHC-type" hair really sticks out from the groud. I am always curious but I have never asked.

FrannyG
July 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I think that in the six years I've been a member here, I've only ever seen one woman that I thought could be a potential member here. She worked in a hospital, was medium blonde, and had the most beautiful classic length French braid. I don't think I've seen hair like it since, in real life, and that was several years ago.

chou
July 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I've seen a young woman with super thick, light brown knee-length hair near my university on a couple of occasions. She had the longest hair I have ever seen in person and I really wonder if she's on here.

CastaDiva
July 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I live not very far from another LHC member, but I haven't seen her yet:) I only hope I will have the courage to approach her if I should happen to see her someday.

Darkessa
July 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Ive seen a few, but only asked one.
She was weirdly offended.... Like it was appalling that she would be part of something so absurd.....
So I havent asked anyone else since.

Dandelion6
July 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I have definitely spotted people that I thought were members but I have no desire to ask...I just smile to myself and think, yeah we're part of the same secret society!

JuliaDancer
July 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I have seen a few, but I never asked. I'm not good about approaching strangers in general, and asking if they're on the Long Hair Community forum might be a little weird if they're not on it...

Dandelion6
July 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Ive seen a few, but only asked one.
She was weirdly offended.... Like it was appalling that she would be part of something so absurd.....
So I havent asked anyone else since.

I'm sorry that happened:o

eicamawa
July 29th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I spotted this lady at work once. She had beautiful classic length hair, thick and wavy. I'm feeling almost bad for not having the courage to go and tell her her hair was beautiful :o

swearnsue
July 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I haven't seen anyone yet but if/when I do I hope I have the courage to at least give her a compliment. Then depending upon her reaction to that maybe ask her about how she learned to care for her hair, if she googles info on the internet.

Ephemeral
July 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
If someone has shiny reddish orange hair done in an updo, I do think that. I usually find potential henna heads at Whole Foods. Always at Whole Foods.
Now if any of you are near Venice, CA, then I am pretty sure I spotted some of you.

I live on Rose Ave and the Boardwalk! I walk to Whole Foods all the time but my hair isn't very noteworthy - it's just past apl but a beautiful henna red.

Shepherdess
July 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
This is a cool thread! :D I have seen people a few times, and I have wondered if they are members here, or at least visitors to this sight. I don't think I'd have the courage to ask if they were though. :P

Anyway, I always dress in dresses, wear headcovers and usually leave my hair in a braid; sometimes two braids, and it is a dark honey-blonde(golden tinges?) in color depending on the lighting.

trolleypup
July 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Been spotted, but never spotted anyone I didn't already know was in town.

Calaelen
July 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I haven't, but I think I would ask if I recognized a head of hair, or a toy.

I have recommended strangers to LHC if they comment on my hair, and ask about it.

I really hope that if one of you thought you spotted me, you'd come ask, meeting another member out of the blue like that would be awesome!

MissManda
July 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I know there's at least one member who lives in my general area, but we haven't met. I've also seen a couple of people with hairsticks and some TB-classic (and even one knee-length) heads of hair, but I don't think any of them are members. :)

Lostsoule77
July 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I've seen people that I thought could possible be members based on their hairstyle & hair toys. I've never asked though. I rarely even compliment them. I'm too shy & introverted.

Demi-Plum
July 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I never have, but I wouldn't be ashamed to ask them at least. I never see any one with good length hair though that I might assume would be LHC. I'm sure I see plenty of people with shorter hair who belong to the LHC and I would never know it because they are not long enough to indicate it for me. But I do keep my eyes open and I do want to find someone to ask someday!

SongofLove
July 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I saw a girl at a craft store yesterday who was wearing her auburn hair in a lovely Nautilus bun held in place with a gorgeous wooden hair fork. Soo wanted to ask if she was an LHCer :D

I've been seeing a lot of longhairs around lately too...At Target yesterday, I saw at least 2 girls with curly waist-length hair and a girl with straight hip-length hair.

CurlyCurves
July 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Plenty times :)

piffyanne
July 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Well, if you ever spot the back of my head, feel free to ask me if I'm an LHCer. The worst thing that could happen is I could be offended, but I promise I won't be, because I spend large quantities of time when I'm in public wondering whether I'll see another LHCer or be recognized by one!

When I see a potential LHCer, I go up and ask if they've heard of this great website and start raving about how great it is. I suppose that means I'm not shy, right?

DreadfulWoman
July 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
There's a girl I see at my work sometimes who has hip length henna-red hair that she sometimes wears up with a wooden hair fork. I would be kind shocked if she wasn't a member here, and yet I've always been too shy to ask her outright. :o

Elithia
July 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
All the time ... today in the grocery story I saw a woman with salt-and-pepper hip-length hair who gave me a really huge smile that left me wondering if she were thinking the same thing.

And last week in Joann's, another older woman with a classic-length wispy braid. I don't know if she was likely to be an LHCer, though, if only because her hair didn't look particularly healthy. (Judgmental?)

Tia2010
July 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
A few... but I have never asked. :o

Recently I saw a woman in Costco with (what looked like) henna red hair and she had it up and held with a pretty jeweled ficcare. It looked to much like ' LHC hair' not to be...but I still didn't have the nerve to ask.

Quixii
July 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I always wonder if people I see with long hair are members here. I assume that they're not, though, since I've met a lot of the LHC members that I know live near where I live.

gthlvrmx
July 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I have wondered a couple of times and asked 1 lady if she knew about LHC or if she was in it, but she said no. she and her lovely knee length hair!

But honestly, no has that healthy hair you would find here at LHC, least not the long hairs ive seen. That's why i keep thinking, nahhh.

And if you see me, you'll recognize me, the only boy wearing a bun for miles :p

Natalia
July 30th, 2012, 02:41 AM
i have seen a few long hairs but nothing that distinctly said lhc like a specific style or toy. i have off handedly half asked once but she wasnt a member (it was at an event and she mentioned how well my bun held all day so i said that i learned it online at a hair forum, she said she didnt know they existed). i dont see many long hairs around here but i have seen more in the last year. saw a woman with pretty back straight waist + hair at the doctors office last week didnt say anything though.

i wish someone would come up to me and ask but i dont think even an lhcer would expect me to be on here. i wear a plain ol cinnabun and with my thin/fine hair no one ever guesses its classic. my newer friends who hadnt seen my hair down before said if i asked them to guess before having seen it they would have said about waist. someimes i want to walk around with a pile of hairtoys on my head like an lhc beacon to attract a fellow longhair lol.

Savvyhorsez
July 30th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I don't think I've asked specifically if anyone was on here, but I'd usually ask them how long they're trying to grow it.

I was in Wally World the other day though and two ladies came up to me admiring my hair, I had it down because I accidentally left my hair stick in the car. Nice chatting with them! It did make me wonder if they were on here though!

owlathena
July 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I worked with a girl with gorgeous hip length hair that often wore it in cool hairstick buns. Never had the nerve to ask...

thystle
July 30th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I've seen a few people with long hair, but haven't seen anyone I thought could be members, but if the conditions were right, I'd try to ask.

If anyone around here (Alamance County, NC) sees me, don't hesitate to strike up a conversation! I usually have my hair bunned, with a hair stick, or pins, though I sometimes just wrap an elastic or scrunchy around it.

Quenhilde
July 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not shy! If I saw someone that had hair that I thought would mean (s)he might be a member, I'd ask!

Its not very likely to happen though. The amount of time I spend outside my home is very limited and usually just in the company of friends for health reasons.

JesusFreak88
July 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I have never asked anyone if they were on the LHC. I do wonder if some people I see or meet are though. The person who lives across the street from me has really pretty long blond hair. It is about hip length if I remember correctly. I have a friend that had hair longer than my by about an inch or two before she cut it this summer. I don't know why I never asked her if she was on the LHC. Probably because I didn't want her to think I was obsessed.

Bedhead
July 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I have a few times, but once I had a full on recognition exchange. Nno words were said but we looked into each others eyes after a glace at each others hair and smiled then went on our way.

elbow chic
July 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Oh, man, a blonde in a parandi? I would lay money she was on LHC, or at least an online long-hair-group of some sort. I know there are several other ones out there, would imagine there is a lot of cross-posting and ideas going from one site to the next.

I don't usually think someone's a member/lurker if they just have long hair-- lots of people do. But there ARE some styles and accessories that would seem to be a dead giveaway. If I saw someone with, say, a 60th st fork, I'd have to ask.

But maybe she'd have denied it even if you had asked! Some people are just weird/private/shy lik'dat.

MsBubbles
July 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
And last week in Joann's, another older woman with a classic-length wispy braid. I don't know if she was likely to be an LHCer, though, if only because her hair didn't look particularly healthy. (Judgmental?)

I appreciate you tacking that on the end in parenthesis! :D But yeah, there are a lot of us fine/thin haireds here, and we are very self-conscious about our long, wispy braids. :o So often people assume that thin & wispy ends = unhealthy hair.

Anywhere
July 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I saw a woman at Kringle Candle up near VT the other day with quite the updo. It looked like 3 french braids (one on the top, one on each side) and then swirled into a nice flat braided bun pinned to her head. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to seem creepy, but it was quite beautiful.

brave
July 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I always wonder when I see someone with very long hair in the bay area. Probably because I know we have a lot of members there. I saw a woman on BART with gorgeously thick brown hair -- must have been very long -- wrapped up and held by two forks. She was with her husband and two young children and looked like she wasn't up for much conversation, otherwise I would have definitely complimented her.

Skruttiz
July 31st, 2012, 01:21 AM
Maybe just one time. It was a middleage woman who had, not so very long, but very nice and shiny thick hair. I saw the look she gave my hair which was loose at the time.
We both smiled when we discovered that we were looking at each others hair but I´m way to shy to ask.

It´s sadly rare I see someone with nice long hair and I´ve never seen anyone using hairstick, flexi or something else like that. It´s just me here...:shrug:

JamieLeigh
July 31st, 2012, 02:00 AM
I once saw a woman with what looked like a large French twist held in a ficcare clip. I wondered whether she might have been a member here because the world at large probably doesn't know what a wonderful thing the ficcare is! :D

I didn't ask her, though. We were in a Chinese buffet restaurant and I chickened out hardcore. :o

Meli
July 31st, 2012, 06:32 AM
A few days ago, I saw a lady with a hairstick bun when I was at the grocery store. This lady had very healthy-looking hair, and while I didn't get close enough to see the bun clearly, it did not look like a regular cinnabun, more like a gibraltar bun or something. Now, hairsticks are so rare around here that I could probably count my hairstick sightings on one hand, and gibraltar buns (or whatever it was) is something I have never seen IRL before, only on LHC.

I didn't ask her though, partly because I'm shy and introvert, and partly because I'm one of those with thin, wispy ends that might look damaged even though they aren't - and that day was a very bad hairday and my braids were getting rather messy, so I just didn't feel like starting a conversation about (healthy) hair. :o

Elithia
July 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
I appreciate you tacking that on the end in parenthesis! :D But yeah, there are a lot of us fine/thin haireds here, and we are very self-conscious about our long, wispy braids. :o So often people assume that thin & wispy ends = unhealthy hair.

It wasn't so much the wispiness as the fact that her hair looked VERY dry. I know plenty of people with thin wispy hair that is beautiful and healthy! Didn't mean to cause any offense. :)

HadessThera
July 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM
I haven't seen anyone that I thought could be a potential member, mostly because it's a very warm climate where I live so, super long locks are few and far between and the longest I've seen is just shy of waist length, I'd like to see someone though, call it inspirational :p it's always a great deterrent from that impulsive haircut when you see someone with the hair you dream of :)

Dovetail
July 31st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Also, i was thinking and agree with one of the other posters, if I saw a very specific lhc style hair toy (ravencroft moon, 60th street grahtoe, ficcare) I might use that to start a converstion like "oh your hair toy is SOO PRETTY!(which would be a genuine reaction to pretty much any hair toy) I see those a lot of this forum, do you frequent online hair sites? " its always easier to strike up converstion when leading with a compliment :3

Lady Neeva
July 31st, 2012, 10:37 AM
I know there is several members that live here, but Houston is such a large place-hard to find in my general area. Of Course, I keep out on the look for Hair Toys, but the most interesting one I see out in the wild was a beak clip.

PixxieStix
July 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oh, I've complimented a few women I've come across who had gorgeous hair, and while I've talked to friends/acquaintances about LHC, I don't think I'd have to the nerve to ask if someone was a member without something like a hair toy I recognized or something like that, as I certainly don't look like an LHC member as of yet with hair that just reached APL.

Once my hair is long again, I think I'd be more likely to ask if a compliment was well received.

PolarCathy
July 31st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Never. But I'm not shy, I would certainly ask if the situation presented itself.

Henrietta
July 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
No, never. I'm in Poland, I've checked LHC for PL members and I've found few of them. I bet none lives in my or my parents' city :D

MsBubbles
July 31st, 2012, 11:19 AM
It wasn't so much the wispiness as the fact that her hair looked VERY dry. I know plenty of people with thin wispy hair that is beautiful and healthy! Didn't mean to cause any offense. :)

You didn't. :flower: I mostly wanted to say I appreciated the 'judgmental?' on the end. I thought that was funny/cute. I felt like I had to explain why I appreciated it, but I didn't think you were sniping at my hair type or anything.

I just have major insecurities with my thin braid end :o.

LaFlor
July 31st, 2012, 11:33 AM
I've only seen one lady I thought HAD to be an LHC member based on her hairtoy and hairstyle... I should have asked.

Asking based on length alone would probably lead to a lot of awkward moments, but there are certain toys and styles that just have to be learned about online.

jillosity
August 1st, 2012, 03:21 PM
While I was grocery shopping today, I saw a woman with a very involved and lovely braided 'do, dutch braids in front worked into a very large wide oval braided bun, the length must have been waist or even classic for the bun to be that big! I was trying not to stare while I checked out her bun, and the store was really super crowded, so I couldn't really gawk at it as I wanted to. It was a gorgeous 'do overall, very LHC!

stew
August 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Definitely. I'm a west coaster and very long hair is quite common here. I was at the beach one day and this girl walked by with tailbone length shiny blonde hair. I stared for so long :p

I also had a professor at university who always wore her hair up in a braided bun held with a hair stick. I wondered if she was an LHC-er every class.

dwell_in_safety
August 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
I think I saw someone at the fair a few weeks ago. She had what looked to be very long gray hair secured in a bun with a beautiful hair stick, and nooooobody uses hair sticks in Indiana outside of me. :p She stared at me; my hair was also in a bun with a stick. That's what made me wonder.

Little Unicorn
August 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
No, not quite...

But today I was going through some of the other threads and came across a member - acornmystic- who lives in the same province as me and looks soooooo much like someone I know. :)

evieisocoolike
August 1st, 2012, 07:22 PM
When I was at Target a couple days ago I saw a woman with a lovely thick black and silver braid that was maybe waist-hip length (couldn't tell; it was slung over her shoulder). I was very tempted to ask her, especially because she kept glancing over at me like she recognized me, but she left before I had the chance. :(
I've actually had this sort of thing happen a lot and I live in Missouri. :shrug:

Eolan
August 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM
Well, there are times when I see a Ficcare out and about, or some hairsticks, or an intricate bun and go: "Hmmm...?" :)

didrash
August 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
Maybe we need some kind of "signature pins" or even better, signature hairtoy, that only we know the meaning of - sort of like the rings used by some clubs :) This way we can recognize each other :).

Quenhilde
August 2nd, 2012, 03:38 AM
I keep coming back to this thread secretly hoping to see someone respond to someone else's description with "Oh my god! That was me!" or something like that.

I'm such a dreamer :o

Audrey Horne
August 2nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
Yes, I suspect so. But maybe not specifically LHC... maybe another hair-forum, after all it isn't an English-speaking country. I've seen one woman in my district, less than half a block away from my house, who wore a hair stick in the messy bun! It is a rare sight! Also one woman who wore something like ficcare (perhaps it was one) in some sort of updo but I was too far away from her to say for sure. And I see many longhaired people but I don't always assume that they are "hair people". However, if they are potential hennaheads or very long virgin hair.... then yes. Some hairstyles make me feel suspicious lol especially because the general public doesn't do anything but ponytails and topknots. Braids are quite rare unless it's a common English braid.
I've never asked anyone.
I know there are some members here from my area. And if anyone would ever ask me if I'm on LHC... idk what I'd say. Depending on the individual who asked, I could go with both "yes" or "no". :o I'm weird/private like that. If it was someone I know IRL I'd say "hell no!" :laugh: I'd say "yes" to a stranger :D

kidari
August 2nd, 2012, 04:51 AM
I have never seen anyone with their hair in a hair stick or a Ficcare or anything BUT I have seen quite a few people with hip length hair and longer in absolutely amazing condition (who usually wear it in an updo or have it down in braid waves or sock bun waves or something similar.) I can tell when it's down that their hair is likely not heat-styled.

gratitudinous
August 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
I keep coming back to this thread secretly hoping to see someone respond to someone else's description with "Oh my god! That was me!" or something like that.

I'm such a dreamer :o

:D Me too!

I definitely think we need some sort of symbol, handshake, password, or otherwise! Maybe something like "My, it's nice to see Long Hair in this Community" ;)

akilina
August 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
I almost wonder if I have a few times!!
I have never asked though. Too scary. Lol.
"Hey do you frequent the long hair community??" "UH WHATTTTT!!?"

I could see it happening something like that for sure.

We need some kind of secret handshake of some sorts. Something nonchalant but noticeable. And not too freaky so if they weren't, they wouldn't ponder about it all day wondering what that freaky dance move someone made at them earlier was all about.

Shepherdess
August 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM

I definitely think we need some sort of symbol, handshake, password, or otherwise! Maybe something like "My, it's nice to see Long Hair in this Community" ;)

That would be sooo perfect! That is what we should say as a code sentence for the long hair community! :D

one_fine_lady
August 2nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Why not just ask? And if they are not a member, then you have just introduced them to one of the greatest things that has ever happened to hair lol

Dovetail
August 3rd, 2012, 12:10 AM
That would be sooo perfect! That is what we should say as a code sentence for the long hair community! :D

Best.idea.ever!

EdG
August 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM

I definitely think we need some sort of symbol, handshake, password, or otherwise! Maybe something like "My, it's nice to see Long Hair in this Community" ;)The correct response would be "Yes, it's thudworthy. Please pass the cheese." :cheese:

That's ingenious. It sounds like a greeting used by secret agents to identify each other in public.
Ed

stew
August 3rd, 2012, 01:00 AM
The correct response would be "Yes, it's thudworthy. Please pass the cheese." :cheese:

Ahahaha! I'm imagining this conversation from an outsider's perspective and how absolutely absurd it would sound.. which makes me like the idea even more :eek:

EdG
August 3rd, 2012, 01:13 AM
Ahahaha! I'm imagining this conversation from an outsider's perspective and how absolutely absurd it would sound.. which makes me like the idea even more :eek:It's a classic approach from 1960s spy television shows. The first statement doesn't seem out of the ordinary, and the correct response is a non-sequitur that only a LHC'er would know.
Ed

leslissocool
August 3rd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Once I REALLY thoguth I saw Spidermom at a gas station!!! GORGEOUS locks, really, but I never said anything since I don't think she's in the same state, and this woman was driving an animal shelter van thingy so I let it go...

gratitudinous
August 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
The correct response would be "Yes, it's thudworthy. Please pass the cheese." :cheese:

That's ingenious. It sounds like a greeting used by secret agents to identify each other in public.
Ed

Perfect!
There's nothing better than getting to feel like a longhair spy! :eyebrows:
I agree with stew, the stranger the response sounds to an outsider, the better. :D

Sabriel
August 3rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
I thought I did once, but then she sat with her hair behind her back, oblivious to her hair rubbing against the back of the seat. I assume all LHCers are more careful with their hair :D

Wildcat Diva
August 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM

Soon we may all need special decoder rings! LHC world domination!:radar:

:flasher:

giovanna93
August 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I was at an arcade last night with my boyfriend and saw an older woman there with blonde hair that was turning grey. Her hair was in a ponytail but reached her tailbone or thereabouts. I was so tempted to go and ask her if she was a member here but was too scared lol

mduggan
August 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I live in Western North Carolina where long hair is the norm - whatever the age. Most folks wear their hair down, though, or in a simple braid. I haven't seen a single hair stick since I moved here 6 weeks ago...loads of long hair, though.....

If you come to Asheville and think you see me, say "hi!" Please!!!!!

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Two days ago I was walking to the store and I saw this guy who was unlocking his bike who had thick, beautiful, healthy, classic length hair. I wondered to myself if he was a member of the LHC.

Lostsoule77
August 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Saw a girl today who was wearing a fishtail braid. I did kind of wonder, but fishtails are more common now than they used to be.

floralgem
August 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Everyone is right..We need some sort of thing to tell people we are in LHC...I suggest business cards....

Dark Queen
August 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Well, if you ever spot the back of my head, feel free to ask me if I'm an LHCer. The worst thing that could happen is I could be offended, but I promise I won't be, because I spend large quantities of time when I'm in public wondering whether I'll see another LHCer or be recognized by one!

When I see a potential LHCer, I go up and ask if they've heard of this great website and start raving about how great it is. I suppose that means I'm not shy, right?

HAHA, I do this too. I've told a few long haired people I've met about this site. Not sure if they ever joined, but hey :). I'm often curious to see if someone's description sounds like a sighting of me, lol.

Maybe we need some kind of "signature pins" or even better, signature hairtoy, that only we know the meaning of - sort of like the rings used by some clubs :) This way we can recognize each other :).

Ed

We should have some kind of design logo so one of us could make custom hair-stick charms or something. Maybe even a metallic charm reading "LHC" to attach to a hair stick. That would be awesome :bluebiggr. I'm also loving the "please pass the cheese" :bluebiggr

HylianGirl
August 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
There's a girl in my college, I don't really know how long her hair is, since it's pretty much always bunned with hair sticks, but it's very thick, and she seems to stretch her washes. I haven't asked her though, since I'm not really close, and I don't think LHCers are that common in my country.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 23rd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Hey I would buy an LHC hairstick - maybe someone could make some (hint?)

whitedove
August 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
Hey I would buy an LHC hairstick - maybe someone could make some (hint?)

I got one from percific mechantile. It came as a freebie from buying a stick from his "For LHC" offer. Sadly tho it got taken my mum and never been seen since :(

Angela_Rose
August 23rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
You people are a bunch of chickens! I love ya, though.

I frequent the renaissance faire circuit in the northeast, so I see lots and lots of longhairs. I am absolutely not shy at all about gushing over a lovely head of long hair. I almost always ask "do you know about the Longhair Community?" and have even managed to do some recruiting along the way. I've gotten TaliaRose and LorelaiAmethyst to join, and a few others.
I have plenty of face photos in my albums... take a look and if you're e'er in New England and you see somebody who looks like me, offer me some cheese!

piffyanne
August 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
My shiny new vintage hairtoys from Calaelen on the swap board arrived Monday!! I took them to a dance I was meeting DBF at so he could watch my ecstatic face and pass judgment on their historic ages. As I was unwrapping them, a young woman who looked about my age came over and watched me carefully unpacking them and removing them reverently from their bubblewrap (Calaelen wrapped them beautifully!!) before asking if I was from the LHC, because “that looks like something from the swap board.” It turns out WritingPrincess, WritingMum, and an LHCer to be were all there!! :crush:

We got all the longhairs and long-hairs-to-be (and a lot of the women at the dance have long hair) to take an LHC-style length-shot together. Thank God DBF has some practice taking these shots, it was priceless!!

SerinaDaith
August 23rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I am semi active in the SCA and worked the local ren fest for years. I also go to a local science fiction convention every year. I see long hairs often so I have seen lovely braids and updo's for many years and till now always assumed that I would never achieve them for myself. Now I will be braver about talking to people that I see with really lovely hair. I know as my hair gets longer I will probably want compliments so perhaps if I start telling people how awesome I think they look it will be part of the normal culture in the next three years by which I should have hit my first in my brain actual long hair length of waist. Geek community in Colorado watch out! I am coming to compliment your fantastic hair!

Angela_Rose
August 23rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
My shiny new vintage hairtoys from Calaelen on the swap board arrived Monday!! I took them to a dance I was meeting DBF at so he could watch my ecstatic face and pass judgment on their historic ages. As I was unwrapping them, a young woman who looked about my age came over and watched me carefully unpacking them and removing them reverently from their bubblewrap (Calaelen wrapped them beautifully!!) before asking if I was from the LHC, because “that looks like something from the swap board.” It turns out WritingPrincess, WritingMum, and an LHCer to be were all there!! :crush:

We got all the longhairs and long-hairs-to-be (and a lot of the women at the dance have long hair) to take an LHC-style length-shot together. Thank God DBF has some practice taking these shots, it was priceless!!

Piffy, how awesome!! When do we get to see the photos?

BrownEyedBeauty
August 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I haven't, not yet anyway. Many times I wonder if they could be members but none that I can say that I have recognized as of yet.

SerinaDaith
August 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I saw a lady at my oldest son's school with a bun and hairsticks, she was across the playground from me but her hair looked shiny and lovely! Granted my son goes to school in hippy land so there are a lot of us granola eating nature freaks so healthy hair pulled up with sticks may not actually mean much around there...

Calaelen
August 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM

How totally awesome! That's like a dream scenario to me. Are you loving your combs? I hope so. :D

ladonna
August 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Yes I've asked and usually had to explain what lhc was all about, there are so many women where I live with long hair. I have stopped people in stores and asked and then we start talking about care care until our family's start complaining about being bored.

piffyanne
August 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
How totally awesome! That's like a dream scenario to me. Are you loving your combs? I hope so. :D
Oh, they are BEAUTIFUL! This one >enormous action-shot picture removed, apologies, replaced with hotlink from original thread< http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/luthienc/IMG_9995-2.jpg in the middle is my favorite, and it was WritingPrincess' fave too, apparently. AND DBF likes it, and it's Mom's fave, and Dad's fave...! It's a real crowd-pleaser! And it's MINE! My own.... My..... Preciousssssss. :D

I'm going to get the group meet shot up soon, maybe Sunday? My hair's wavier than usual in it, and so it looks shorter than it usually does. I'd been running around bragging about fingertiplength and it looks like classic the way the skirt hangs! /rant

ETA: Sorry for the derail there, all!

Shepherdess
August 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Oh, that is so cool! ! ! I want to see the pics! ! ! Pretty please! :D

Lostsoule77
August 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM

That is awesome!

piffyanne
August 27th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Piffy, how awesome!! When do we get to see the photos?

How totally awesome! That's like a dream scenario to me. >snip<

Oh, that is so cool! ! ! I want to see the pics! ! ! Pretty please! :D

That is awesome!

By popular request, I got out of my nice, warm, cozy bed because I remembered I hadn't shared the picture like I kept promising people I would on Sunday.

Thanks for being interested! Here is my shiny new pic: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555545_10151000863767282_1497198212_n.jpg
DISCLAIMER: Hair colors in this photo may not be accurate (I don't think they're that bad, but it's better to explain just in case), the lighting in the room is really weird when it comes to photographs (in Real Life everyone looks fine, I don't know why cameras have to be so confused :rolleyes:), and even though we took this one with flash, I had to lighten the crap out of this so you could see ANYTHING, and then ended up fussing with the yellows in the picture so my own hair looked closer to the color it is IRL, because that's the only frame of reference I've got. :shrug: Sorry if you KNOW you're in here but can't find/recognize yourself because the colors are unfamiliar.

I do not think WritingMum is in this picture, but WritingPrincess is in the long blue skirt with green floral pattern, a friend of mine who got excited and wants to join up is in the brown/tan skirt with roses on it (I'll let you guys know when she joins up!), and the girl in the teal-and-white striped shirt next to me (long charcoal plaid skirt! I LOVE that skirt!!) has been wanting to join LHC for years and is going to as soon as she's old enough. Let's cheer her on towards her birthday!! :cheer:

Look at all the longhairs I get to see all the time, and everyone's so NICE there!!! :cheese: :inlove:

There's another woman (not in the photo) who had beautiful hair about as long as mine, but she recently cut it. I was so sad! She apparently used to wear it even LONGER, I wish I'd seen it!... :thudpile:

So you don't think I've been lying about my length, my hair's fingertip length in other length shots taken of me, I really don't know what was going on this day, all that dancing must have stretched my arms or something.:confused::rant:

Islandgrrl
August 27th, 2012, 12:48 AM
I've been brave enough twice to ask someone if they are LHCers. They were not. :(

If you ever think you see me, though, ask! I will happily answer you!

Mya
August 27th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Some days ago I saw this young lady in the shampoo/conditioner section of the home centre. Her hair was BSL+, straight with a faint wave and her hemline formed a 90 degree angle on each side. I wondered if she was a LHCer or a lurker because such a blunt hemline is so uncommon.

Alvrodul
August 27th, 2012, 04:14 AM
By popular request, I got out of my nice, warm, cozy bed because I remembered I hadn't shared the picture like I kept promising people I would on Sunday.

Thanks for being interested! Here is my shiny new pic: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555545_10151000863767282_1497198212_n.jpg
DISCLAIMER: Hair colors in this photo may not be accurate (I don't think they're that bad, but it's better to explain just in case), the lighting in the room is really weird when it comes to photographs (in Real Life everyone looks fine, I don't know why cameras have to be so confused :rolleyes:), and even though we took this one with flash, I had to lighten the crap out of this so you could see ANYTHING, and then ended up fussing with the yellows in the picture so my own hair looked closer to the color it is IRL, because that's the only frame of reference I've got. :shrug: Sorry if you KNOW you're in here but can't find/recognize yourself because the colors are unfamiliar.

I do not think WritingMum is in this picture, but WritingPrincess is in the long blue skirt with green floral pattern, a friend of mine who got excited and wants to join up is in the brown/tan skirt with roses on it (I'll let you guys know when she joins up!), and the girl in the teal-and-white striped shirt next to me (long charcoal plaid skirt! I LOVE that skirt!!) has been wanting to join LHC for years and is going to as soon as she's old enough. Let's cheer her on towards her birthday!! :cheer:

Look at all the longhairs I get to see all the time, and everyone's so NICE there!!! :cheese: :inlove:

There's another woman (not in the photo) who had beautiful hair about as long as mine, but she recently cut it. I was so sad! She apparently used to wear it even LONGER, I wish I'd seen it!... :thudpile:

So you don't think I've been lying about my length, my hair's fingertip length in other length shots taken of me, I really don't know what was going on this day, all that dancing must have stretched my arms or something.:confused::rant:
Really great to see all the LHCers (and wannabe LHCers)! :D

henné
August 27th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I've seen a few folks around Stockholm that might have been LHCers. I've seen bunch of hip and tailbone lengths that I've never seen before ... I was never in a position to ask them about it. At a friend's wedding on Saturday I saw a young girl (early twenties) with classic length hair ... but I'm sure she wasn't on LHC.

Lostsoule77
August 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Piffyanne that is a great shot!

Angela_Rose
August 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Piffy, what a terrific shot! Thank you for sharing!

Shepherdess
August 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks for being interested! Here is my shiny new pic:

Wow! Such beautiful hair! ! ! ! ! That is so neat! ! Thank you for sharing! ! :cheer:

whylime13
August 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I think that I've admired certain LHCer's avatars so much that if I were standing in line behind them at the post office or grocery store I'd recognize them by the back of their head - but it hasn't happened yet.

If I see someone at tailbone length or beyond I assume they are LHCers, but I never say anything because I suppose some people just happen to have really long hair

piffyanne
August 27th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I think that I've admired certain LHCer's avatars so much that if I were standing in line behind them at the post office or grocery store I'd recognize them by the back of their head - but it hasn't happened yet.

If I see someone at tailbone length or beyond I assume they are LHCers, but I never say anything because I suppose some people just happen to have really long hair
I can guarantee I could pick GRU out in a crowd! :flowers:

I love the back of her head, and the rest of her's even more fun to have around than those lovely red curls! ;)

cwarren
August 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I saw a woman working the front desk at my doctor's office with tawny-red TBL hair. Her hair wasn't in an elaborate bun or anything, just a pony secured in an elastic. I didn't ask if she was a member though. It's kinda awkward when you aren't that certain.

AineMuirne
August 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Today I noticed a girl in one of my classes who had almost hip-length hair and she was eyeing my hair (I wear it down). So that made me wonder. I'm certainly making a point of looking at people's hair now, lol. I never did before!

Shepherdess
August 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
There is a lady at my college with pretty white waist length(?) hair, and she often has it up in cute hair sticks. Sometimes I wonder if she is from here, but I'm too shy to compliment her, let alone ask if she knows of this place. :p

Artisticat
August 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I saw one woman recently who may have been of Middle Eastern or Indian descent with beautiful thick black wavy hair in a grey pants suit at Trader Joes in Carlsbad, California. Tempted to ask her, but didn't want to disturb her.

Also saw a 40 something woman at Target 6 months back with fantastic BSL strawberry blond hair gathered up on the sides with a claw clip. Her hair was such an unusual color and and great condition...it had me wondering if she was a member of LHC.

teal
August 31st, 2012, 05:52 PM
I wear my best hairsticks out in public in hopes someone from LHC will come up to me, but although I've seen lots of long hair I haven't yet seen a hair toy or bun that made me think it was from LHC.

I was in Lincoln City, Oregon for an extended long weekend last week... ?

if you see me, don't be shy! :flower:

Off to update my albums...

BrightEyes
August 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM
I saw a woman in a restraunt with beautiful tailbone length hair. It was also very healthy. I wondered if she is a member, but she was busy enjoying her meal and I was too chicken to ask.

Artisticat
August 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
I saw a woman in a restraunt with beautiful tailbone length hair. It was also very healthy. I wondered if she is a member, but she was busy enjoying her meal and I was too chicken to ask.

I think LHC needs to develop a secret sign...maybe a "No Scissors" fingers/hand gesture LOL!

goldloli
September 1st, 2012, 05:51 AM
I asked my belly dance tutor if she was a member and it turned out she wasn't :o
I was convinced by her use of hair toys and the tailbone thick hemline asian straight black silky hair. Also idk how to explain but she had the demeanour of someone I'd expect from lhc, you know like just generally pleasant and friendly with a hint of new age and traditional style.

Luckily it didn't lead to awkwardness, rather a mutual appreciation of long haired girls in the class. Sadly the reason her hair was so long was because she only gets it cut when visiting family every 3 years, which she happened to do last week and she now has armpit length hair again :'( Still it was nice to see while it was there.

XcaliburGirl
September 1st, 2012, 05:59 AM
I wouldn't assume some one was on LHC because of length or hair accessories. Way before I even considered looking up a forum for long hair, I had TBL-Classic hair and held it up with hairsticks. I think LHC helps spread some ideas around, but the long hair concepts did originally come from people who just have long hair and know how to deal with it.

Suze2012
September 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
I work with someone who I wonder whether she is here or not.

She has hip length auburn curls/waves and it's never frizzy.
She always buns it if it's windy or rainy outside.

She told me she uses Paul Mitchell products on it but is sort of cagey (was uninterested maybe?) about talking about her hair..one day I'll tell her what I do...I'm sure she has some kind of secret..and she has beautiful hair.

AineMuirne
September 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM
I saw a man with nice classic length hair last night while at a bento restaurant. He asked my boyfriend what he was eating because he thought it looked good. I should have responded by asking him if he is on LHC, lol.

pinutzz
April 4th, 2016, 11:18 AM
I definitely think we need some sort of symbol, handshake, password, or otherwise!

The german equivalent of this community (Long Hair Network) (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de) actually has a spy movie like recognition call.

You call out: "Helmut!" (this is a rare german first name for men, pronounced 'helmoot'), or if the person is close by you can just ask: "Do you know Helmut?"
And if the target :eyebrows: is from LHN they will answer: "The nights are cold in Moscow."

I like this one, because you can call really loudly and if people react confused you can just pretend that you saw someone you knew.

parkmikii
April 4th, 2016, 11:32 AM
The german equivalent of this community (Long Hair Network) (http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de) actually has a spy movie like recognition call.

You call out: "Helmut!" (this is a rare german first name for men, pronounced 'helmoot'), or if the person is close by you can just ask: "Do you know Helmut?"
And if the target :eyebrows: is from LHN they will answer: "The nights are cold in Moscow."

I like this one, because you can call really loudly and if people react confused you can just pretend that you saw someone you knew.

That's epic! :)))
Thank you for sharing!

teal
April 4th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Ha, this thread has come back from the dead! :cool:

It's not like I have any updates, though... in the 3.5-ish years since my last post in this thread, in which I was lamenting wearing my best hair sticks in hopes of being noticed, I've acquired many newer and more blingy hairtoys which I'm always wearing and no one has said a thing. I still have not met a single LHC member. (I'm looking at you, other Vancouverites... I know you exist! Where are yooou? :eye:) I have, however, wowed all my friends with how my hair keeps on growing when it doesn't get cut. :lol:

Wusel
April 4th, 2016, 02:25 PM

WHAT? That's funny.... :D

Anje
April 4th, 2016, 02:53 PM

OK, I love that!

lillielil
April 4th, 2016, 03:04 PM

I love this so much. Just asking about Helmut sounds so normal. And then BOOM! It goes all secret code with "the nights are cold in Moscow".

Sarahm
April 4th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Omg, that's hilarious, pinutzz :p

-----------------------------------------------

When I stayed at a hospital for a few months five years ago (I had an ED and I went there to recover), I met this girl with long, curly, red hair. It must have been about hip length. She said she used henna.

Since I joined LHC, I've always wondered whether she is / used to be a member..

Robi-Bird
April 4th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Ha, this thread has come back from the dead! :cool:

It's not like I have any updates, though... in the 3.5-ish years since my last post in this thread, in which I was lamenting wearing my best hair sticks in hopes of being noticed, I've acquired many newer and more blingy hairtoys which I'm always wearing and no one has said a thing. I still have not met a single LHC member. (I'm looking at you, other Vancouverites... I know you exist! Where are yooou? :eye:) I have, however, wowed all my friends with how my hair keeps on growing when it doesn't get cut. :lol:

Ridge-rat here, I'm afraid. I'm never in Vancouver!

The german equivalent of this community (Long Hair Network) actually has a spy movie like recognition call.

And if the target is from LHN they will answer: "The nights are cold in Moscow."

I feel like the LHC must come up with an equivalent.

MsPharaohMoan
April 4th, 2016, 04:22 PM

I love this so much. Just asking about Helmut sounds so normal. And then BOOM! It goes all secret code with "the nights are cold in Moscow".

Equally innocuous sounding at first and then suddenly mysterious... :rollin:

teal
April 4th, 2016, 04:32 PM
The problem with that catchphrase for me is that someone would ask me if I knew a Helmut, which is currently a no, and then I'd go on my merry way, totally oblivious, la la la... and then waaaaay later I'll be like, "WAIT! NO! I DO! NOOOooohohoho cold Moscow nights, like the eternal winter of my possible LHC meetups, never quickening and producing fruit!" :wail: :wail: :wail:

And then I would come here and lament about it for everyone's enjoyment. :lol:

EdG
April 4th, 2016, 06:33 PM

Equally innocuous sounding at first and then suddenly mysterious... :rollin:

The problem with that catchphrase for me is that someone would ask me if I knew a Helmut, which is currently a no, and then I'd go on my merry way, totally oblivious, la la la... and then waaaaay later I'll be like, "WAIT! NO! I DO! NOOOooohohoho cold Moscow nights, like the eternal winter of my possible LHC meetups, never quickening and producing fruit!" :wail: :wail: :wail:

We do have a secret LHC greeting.

LHC'er #1: "My, there sure is some long hair in this community!"
LHC'er #2: "Why, yes, it certainly is thudworthy! Please pass the cheese?"

To my knowledge, this greeting has never been tested in the wild. LHC'ers have been known to spot each other by their hair styles and toys.
Ed

meteor
April 4th, 2016, 06:59 PM

Wow! :bigeyes: They actually do that?? :thud: That's pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

Why can't we do the same? ;) I mean, yes, it would take a bit of courage to come up to somebody with such a mysterious-sounding code, but still...

I saw a lady on subway some time ago with a cinnabun, held up by a stick, and the design of the stick kind of, sort of looked familiar but, to my shame, I don't know enough about hairtoy makers, so I couldn't identify it :doh: Knowing that "Helmut" code in that situation would have been awesome..... or maybe hugely embarrassing, I don't know! :lol:

Honestly, I see lots of people with pretty long loose or ponytailed hair, but that doesn't automatically scream LHC to me, because I imagine that many LHCers tend to keep their hair bunned in public places. So updos and hairtoys would probably be a bigger hint to me. ;)

spirals
April 4th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I get enough uncomfortable looks from people I compliment, so I definitely don't want to ask anything about LHC. In fact, I kind of freaked out a customer today. I understand; I get uncomfortable if people talk about my hair sometimes, too.

Garnetgem
April 4th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Whenever i see someone with long hair especially if its in stunning condition i cannot help wonder if they are a member on here,i am like they remind me of the photos i see on LHC and if i speak to a person with long hair i am so tempted to ask if they are a member or if they aren't i want them to know about here so they have the best tips for caring for such beautiful hair...but i never ask i feel i would come across as pushy,but yes whenever i see long hair i and wonder if they are a member!

pinutzz
April 5th, 2016, 01:13 AM
They actually do that??

Yes, there are many reports of success stories - most of which seem to take place in public transport. Which might have to do with practically everyone using it around here.

ETA: I mean everyone uses public transport, not everyone shouting Helmut all of the time.

Horrorpops
April 5th, 2016, 06:09 AM

YES! This is the best :D

lillielil
April 5th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Ok, so let's take a page from the LHN. I love the idea of yelling a name in a public place (though what public places I expect to see in rural MN is beyond me). What name would be good? I get the impression that our members are mostly US, plus a lot of Australia and EU. Unfortunately there is no direct English equivalent of Helmut.

Excuse me, can I introduce you to my friend, Gilbert?

teal
April 5th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Ridge-rat here, I'm afraid. I'm never in Vancouver!

Haha! I'm rarely out in Maple Ridge, and when I am I'm usually going to someone's house by car, so there's next to no chance of a random meet. :lol:

To my knowledge, this greeting has never been tested in the wild. LHC'ers have been known to spot each other by their hair styles and toys.
Ed

Haha. I'm trying to commit this to memory for use when I'm not on the forums. Knowing me, I'd probably miss the hint, not recall the passphrase and just carry on the conversation - "Well yeah, but I've noticed... (bla bla bla...)" Whoever it is would probably have to just out-and-out ask me. :lol:

Yes, there are many reports of success stories - most of which seem to take place in public transport. Which might have to do with practically everyone using it around here.

ETA: I mean everyone uses public transport, not everyone shouting Helmut all of the time.

Heheh, that's a funny thought. Makes me think of that scene from the Lego movie where everyone shouts "Good morning, city!" at the same time. Can you imagine everyone shouting for Helmut? :rollin:

PixieP
April 5th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I doubt it, I haven't seen a whole lot of Norwegians on here, and I don't think any of them are in my area. I've never seen a hairtoy in the wild at least!

fiđrildi
April 5th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Ok, so let's take a page from the LHN. I love the idea of yelling a name in a public place (though what public places I expect to see in rural MN is beyond me). What name would be good? I get the impression that our members are mostly US, plus a lot of Australia and EU. Unfortunately there is no direct English equivalent of Helmut.

Excuse me, can I introduce you to my friend, Gilbert?

I think we should replace Helmut for Monistat. :rollin:

Anje
April 7th, 2016, 06:45 AM
I think we should replace Helmut for Monistat. :rollin:
LOL

Sign: Gilbert!
Countersign: Monistat goes on sale at midnight.

Silverbrumby
April 7th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I've had two experiences where I definitely wanted to ask:

1. Waitress at local Italian restaurant in town. Braid that goes down to her knee. I did ask and she said no.

2. A woman in SF on Van Ness. Beautiful red cornet braid on her head. I see her on Tuesday afternoons when I drive in to take my youngest son to therapy in SF. I have never approached her but she does have what looks like classic hair in fantastic condition.

pinutzz
April 7th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Good luck Silverbrumby! I am not sure I would have the courage...

Zesty
April 7th, 2016, 02:16 PM

This made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Silverbrumby
April 7th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Good luck Silverbrumby! I am not sure I would have the courage...

She was our regular server... otherwise I think it might come off as creepy! shudder: :wink:

cosmic crusader
April 8th, 2016, 02:09 PM
We need a code word or phrase to find out!

teal
April 8th, 2016, 03:23 PM
This made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Mission accomplished! ;) :lol:

We need a code word or phrase to find out!

According to EdG, we already do... see below! Now the trick is to keep it in mind for when those occasions arise...

Anje
April 8th, 2016, 04:23 PM
According to EdG, we already do... see below! Now the trick is to keep it in mind for when those occasions arise...

Yeah, but that's hard to yell compared to "Gilbert!" I like cheese as a response though!

calmyogi
April 8th, 2016, 05:13 PM
I see a lot of people and I want to ask, but never do. I'm just too afraid they will think I'm weird haha.

MeAndTheMaz
April 8th, 2016, 05:17 PM
How about "Have you ever seen cheese dance?"

RavennaNight
April 8th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Very seldom. I only think it if I see an elaborate bun with an LHC style hair toy like a stick or ficcare. I've actually never seen a ficcare in the wild. I would imagine I'm that person that other members might run across and wonder about, at least on workdays. The hair stick bun is standard issue those days.

Captamericium
April 8th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I don't usually see people who I think could be on here and its a shame, it would be super cool to have a conversation in real life with someone on LHC :)

nakima
April 9th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Yes at the grocery store she had braided her hair with yarn so I stopped her and asked about it so as we were talking the subject of LHC came up (of course) and she was a member also. I told her I would have to report a sighting and she just laughed. I see a lot of people around here that makes me wonder if they're members :)

AJNinami
April 9th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I don't think there are many here in Nebraska, which is a shame since long hair is well-accepted around here...

chen bao jun
April 9th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah, there's this lady I see regularly now in this group I go to. She's got beautiful natural strawberry blonde hair, very very thick, and it's maybe mid -back? she wears flexi 8's in it and explained flexi's to me once.(I didn't let on I already knew). I've seen her do hairsticks, too.

So I'm pretty sure she's an LHC er. But not planning to say anything to her. I feel shy about meeting people from the internet in real life. I don't know why, but I do. I wouldn't ever go to a meet or anything, for instance.

She seems to be a very nice lady and she's a super good knitter, too.

daPerley
April 10th, 2016, 07:31 AM
No, nut on the other hand I've only seen three other swedes here and two of them I only know about since they are on an other swedish site that I'm on and they're all in other parts of the country so in a country thats about 995 miles long I don't think it's that likely I'll see any of them :p

hairlover29
September 10th, 2017, 02:24 PM
This happens all the time! I went on a cruise over spring break and I immediately spotted one women with almost classic length hair, she had it in corn rows, which i can understand why because it was a 7 day Caribbean cruise with wind, chlorine, and salt water (washing all that hair everyday would be a hassle). Also the first day of the cruise I saw an older women with classic length hair braided. It was gorgeous! It made me so happy to see some of my fellow long hairers. :)

Ondine11
September 10th, 2017, 02:36 PM
YES!!! It's like they're crawling out of the woodwork. Were they all out there all along, & I just didn't notice?!? When I'm out & about, I keep spotting breathtaking heads of hair, long & in pristine condition, & I wonder if these mermaids are members here. I have to resist the temptation to ask them (& look really weird!) or accost them for hair advice. There was one in Canadian Tire in Brossard last weekend, who had a mane of 2b-c strawberry blonde waves down to her hips. The front was in two French braids that met in the back at the crown of her head. It was hard not to stare!!!! The ends were not quite fairytailing, but, they looked S&D-ed (not evenly trimmed). IF she is NOT a member here, she should be!

NV
September 11th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I am just starting at university but one of the seminar teachers is this lady with amazing hair that is around tailbone length. She seems so down to earth and her passion for her work is so inspiring! I could totally see her on here hahaha

Xavien_Grey
September 11th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Yes, one of my coworkers when i was a long-term substitute, she had tbl natural red hair and almost always had it up with a stick. Never asked though, although i admit if i see a Ficcare or TT its gotta be kind of like a calling card.... Never have btw, id almost swear im the only one with a ficcare in the immediate 30 miles

HairPlease
September 11th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Definitely. I've seen quite a few. I'm usually not interested in asking, though, unless the topic of long hair care and maintenance is brought up, which then of course, "Hey! There's this awesome place online where people talk about long hair care...heard of it?"
:D

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 11th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I saw a girl at work once with a hair stick in her hair but my area is very ethnically diverse so I assumed it was a culture thing and not something she learned from LHC.
So so far no, no LHC members I've seen in real life yet. Lol.

Messyhair
September 11th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Haha - I out and out ask if any longhairs I see are on LHC. So far no one's owned up, though... Probably lurkers. ;)

OhSuzi
September 12th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Everytime I see someone with long hair I wonder...
Although mines not actually very long yet, but I'm on here - perhaps I should be looking for people with half grown out pixies at the awkward mullet stage and give them a knowing look!
I sense a opportunity to sell LHC badges or T Shirts then you could give each other a little wave or a thumbs up when we pass each other in the street - Like how Mini drivers always beep & wave at each other.

teal
September 12th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I still haven't found anyone... most of the people around me are not into growing their hair super long so I can tell right away. I think I'd have to travel somewhere where there's a pocket of established LHCers to increase my odds of sighting or being sighted myself.

Xavien_Grey
September 12th, 2017, 03:50 PM
This may seem an odd idea, but why dont we try to set up regional events... maybe start a group for example per country, or in the US for like the NorthEast, etc... whose goal is to plan a meet and greet... "LHC Day" at DownTown Disney as an example. Probably impractical but a thought to consider.

enting
September 12th, 2017, 04:02 PM
There are meet-up announcements. I keep checking that forum to see if there will be one anywhere I can get to at a time I can get there, but so far no luck. I would love to run into an LHC member in real life.

Aredhel
September 12th, 2017, 04:07 PM
This may seem an odd idea, but why dont we try to set up regional events... maybe start a group for example per country, or in the US for like the NorthEast, etc... whose goal is to plan a meet and greet... "LHC Day" at DownTown Disney as an example. Probably impractical but a thought to consider.

Yup this is an actual thing we do! Check out the Community Meet Announcements (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) board. :) You are more than welcome to organize one at any time and invite all the members in your area! :D

I'd love to attend one too, but I'm not good at organizing in the slightest, so I'd love for some to organize one in my area someday so I can just show up.:run:

Xavien_Grey
September 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Yup this is an actual thing we do! Check out the Community Meet Announcements (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) board. :) You are more than welcome to organize one at any time and invite all the members in your area! :D

I'd love to attend one too, but I'm not good at organizing in the slightest, so I'd love for some to organize one in my area someday so I can just show up.:run:

So... ive been on here for 3 years and never knew that... also i cant open the link which is weird, says i dont have permission...? But i can create events in the calendar...

An aside i have planned group events before, budgeted days at ballparks, so this would be a bit different. Id have to see who's in the area

Aredhel
September 12th, 2017, 06:33 PM
So... ive been on here for 3 years and never knew that... also i cant open the link which is weird, says i dont have permission...? But i can create events in the calendar...

An aside i have planned group events before, budgeted days at ballparks, so this would be a bit different. Id have to see who's in the area

I just looked over the User Permissions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519) thread - apparently you need to have at least 100 posts (and have been a member for 60 days) before you can view the Community Meets forum.

Xavien_Grey
September 12th, 2017, 07:45 PM
I just looked over the User Permissions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519) thread - apparently you need to have at least 100 posts (and have been a member for 60 days) before you can view the Community Meets forum.

Oh, well that explains it. I guess i should be more talkative on here. Still its a good idea thanks for the heads up

divinedobbie
September 12th, 2017, 08:02 PM
I admit that when I see people out on the street with hip/tbl+ longer hair I wonder if they're on LHC, however, I never think someone is a member unless I see a hairtoy (and I sincerely await the joyous day I see one in person). Where I live, long hair is pretty prevalent so the distinguishing factor for me would be if they were wearing an "LHC exclusive-like" toy like a fork etc.

ETA: I think it would be really fun to meet someone from LHC out in the real world, and I also wonder if there's some people secretly wondering if I am a member when they see my forks in undoes (a girl can dream right?!).

sumidha
September 14th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Okay I actually saw someone I really thought might be an LHC member yesterday at the grocery store! Her hair wasn't super long but a very pretty natural strawberry blonde color, in a figure 8 bun with a discrete hair stick I couldn't see very well. I mean, actual bun not a top knot mess plus hair stick...

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 08:34 AM
I didn't want to talk to the lady, but I saw someone at my local Aldi. It was around a 50 year old lady with a nice blunt braid (iii for sure) to her bottom (above it). It was black on the bottom and gradually became a dark gray at the top. It was *gorgeous*!

I am for sure not coloring my grays away now!

Sora Rose
June 23rd, 2018, 09:14 AM
Once I saw a girl with strawberry blonde hair that had to be at least classic length. She wore them down at the store, and I didn't get a chance to say anything to her before she disappeared.

Otherwise, no. I'm the only person I've ever seen with so much as a hairstick, and I sometimes get stared at for it. I'm aware there's another woman in my area that wears them (and has thick, straight, black hair - half Native American descent), but we have never met, and I don't know if she's on here. I'd love to see her hair someday, though...

bparnell75
June 23rd, 2018, 10:53 AM
Yes, she had a lovely braided bun with a burgundy Lady Idun in it. She said her hair was finger tip and hat she had been on the forum but not recently. She was the daughter of a California State Congressman.

Peppergirl
June 23rd, 2018, 05:34 PM
Now I think about this all the lime when I see someone with long hair! I say to myself that they are surely a member, they have beautiful hair!

Aunt Rapunzel
June 23rd, 2018, 06:43 PM
When I was in Tennessee in May for my niece's graduation, I saw a woman with long, beautiful hair - AND she was wearing a gorgeous Ficcare. It was SO hard for me to not go over and ask her if she was a member of the LHC!

iforgotmylogin
June 23rd, 2018, 07:25 PM
I suspect that most people here are LHC members

Hexen
June 23rd, 2018, 08:57 PM
Negative.

However over the years in the circles I run, my eyes have spied a lot of people that should be a member of LHC. Kinda makes me wish I had a set of "business card-like" invitations that I could casually hand to them, and then mysteriously walk away. :)

AmaryllisRed
June 24th, 2018, 03:10 PM
I used to volunteer with Babywearing International and I had a set of business cards with my chapter's info on it. I would hand them out when I saw babywearers "in the wild."
Not mysteriously, though. It would be kind of fun to have mysterious ones. Just "LHC" on one side and the url to the forum on the other.
Ooh! Or car decals!

Today at lunch there was an older woman, hair all silver and pinned up. It looked like she had some kind of gold decorative fork or pin or something and I think she had accent braids on the sides! I really wanted to stop and talk to her or at least pretend I had to go to the bathroom so I could get a closer look, but I didn't get a chance.
She just looked like a LHC-er.
Do we have a secret handshake? ;)

teal
June 24th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Do we have a secret handshake? ;)

I don't know about a handshake, but there are a couple of code-phrases listed earlier in the thread! :flower:

Lizabeth94
June 24th, 2018, 06:57 PM
A few days ago I went to the dentist and saw a woman in the office (not sure if she was a dentist or some other member of the staff). She looked indian with long thick dark hair kept in a bun under a decorative hair slide. It was very ornate with a dark green jewel in the center, and her bun was big enough to have hair down past her butt, although I can only guess her length. I thought to myself that she might be a LHCer, but many indian women keep their hair super long anyway. I never talked to her in person since I saw a different dentist, or I might have complimented her hair and asked where she got such a pretty hair slide!

MoonRabbit
June 24th, 2018, 07:17 PM
A few long hairs, though I have yet to see someone with a hair toy.

Once a cashier, probably around my age (mid 20's) noticed my hair stick and said "Oh you are wearing one of those, I have some but never leaned how to use them and I just recently cut my hair really short so I won't be learning anytime soon". Of course I am just horrible at keeping a conversation going with a stranger so I just smiled and nodded. But in my mind I was like * A stranger talking to me about hair wahhhh!!!:crush:*

xsampa
June 24th, 2018, 07:25 PM
One of the students in my senior homeroom had thick blond hair to her waist that she usually wore up for protection in a bun. My homeroom teacher said she probably had the longest hair in the building, so she should be a LHC member.

AmaryllisRed
June 24th, 2018, 09:32 PM
I don't know about a handshake, but there are a couple of code-phrases listed earlier in the thread! :flower:

Thanks! Totally worth reading back over the thread.
The suggested code phrases remind me of the Babysitters Club book "Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls."
The girls had devised a secret code to alert one another if they thought they were in danger. "Have you found my red ribbon?" "No, the blue one."
Ooh, it's been 30 years and those phrases still give me goosebumps!
I love the idea of the German long-hairs yelling "Helmut!"
We could yell "Harry!"
And the person could respond with, "Yes I am. Have you got any cheese?"
Those secret decoder rings ever happen? :)

When I first joined here there was an LHC-er whose (back of the head only) pics reminded me so much of someone I know in real life. But then my friend dyed her hair and the LHC-er did not, and that proved they were not in fact the same person.

lovelymoon
June 24th, 2018, 10:50 PM
I suspect Cristine (SimplyNailogical) is, or at least lurks here. Her hair is like hip length, it's gorgeous.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYrvbjHZPi/

MoonRabbit
June 24th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I suspect Cristine (SimplyNailogical) is, or at least lurks here. Her hair is like hip length, it's gorgeous.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYrvbjHZPi/

Oh yes, I have also wondered about her. I can't believe she gets so many comments about needing to cut her hair. It is beautiful.

tangocurl
June 25th, 2018, 09:11 PM
I haven't, but I think I would ask if I recognized a head of hair, or a toy.

I have recommended strangers to LHC if they comment on my hair, and ask about it.

I really hope that if one of you thought you spotted me, you'd come ask, meeting another member out of the blue like that would be awesome!

Ditto to all of that! I get asked about hairsticks sometimes and I tell people about LHC. But I wonder about longhairs in real life.

WaitingSoLong
June 25th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Negative.

However over the years in the circles I run, my eyes have spied a lot of people that should be a member of LHC. Kinda makes me wish I had a set of "business card-like" invitations that I could casually hand to them, and then mysteriously walk away. :)

I made some and have handed ONE out to someone I sort-of know. LOL. I have told people about LHC and get the 'you have two heads' look.

Ligeia Noire
June 29th, 2018, 07:00 PM
What a long day. I finally have time to sit down and let you guys know, that this morning I saw no more no less than Gossamer at my local grocery shop. Won't mention the city because this thread is public but she was wearing a beautiful and gigantic braided bun that immediately caught my attention and when she turned around with her beautiful summer white dress I instantly recognised her. What a small world. At first I thought about saying something but I thought it would be a bit too akward so I just went about my business. We were both at the check out too and then I left. Completely by accident as I decided, at the last minute, to buy lozenges in the morning instead of after work even though I was running late..... :)

Lizabeth94
June 29th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Today i saw another nurse with long hip length hair at the ortheopaedics office! She had bangs, it was brunette at the roots and blonde down most of the length. I didn't ask her anything though :(.

Gem
June 30th, 2018, 02:02 AM
Back in 2007 I sat by a short-haired henna head in class. Despite the short hair, I asked anyway. Yes, she was a member. I wish I could remember her name.

Jas
June 30th, 2018, 02:06 AM
Oh no! You should have said hello to gossamer! I'm sure she would have been happy to meet you :D

Lady Stardust
June 30th, 2018, 02:15 AM
I saw a lady in Argyl Street (near Oxford Circus) with a blue streak in her hair, coiled up in a sea shell looking bun secured with a metal hairstick. I immediately thought of cathair but didn’t want to chase her down the street and interrupt her conversation! Well I did want to a bit but it probably wasn’t her :)

Ligeia Noire
June 30th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Oh no! You should have said hello to gossamer! I'm sure she would have been happy to meet you :D

I was a bit intimidated I confess but I was also late and didnt want to be rude just saying hi and bye :p it was a funny coincidence though .

daisy rei
June 30th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Nope. Never. I've never seen anyone with hair past classic length IRL and I've certainly never seen anyone wearing a hair "toy" - like a Ficcare or Flexi 8.

iforgotmylogin
June 30th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I suspect that most people here are LHC members

In hindsight that sounds like I'm referring to the forum, lol.

What I meant was that most people I see IRL with long hair look like the hair is well looked-after and healthy. Which doesn't necessarily mean they are LHC members (the chances are low), just that I rarely see normal people with bad hair, usually only hobos

AmaryllisRed
June 30th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Ligeia and Gossamer at the same grocery store?!?!
Incredible!

Robi-Bird
June 30th, 2018, 08:57 PM
The only time I've seen someone with a hairtoy was on a cruise, and she was wearing a flexi. I have yet to see another person wearing a hairstick out my way. But I'm also not looking too closely, I keep my head down, and minimize interactions. Anxiety is what it is.

guska
June 30th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Yes, just about one month ago I saw one woman on the bus with a square, braided bun and a hairtoy on top of that.

DaveDecker
July 1st, 2018, 07:44 AM
I was a bit intimidated I confess but I was also late and didnt want to be rude just saying hi and bye :p it was a funny coincidence though .

Obviously I can't speak for her, but I'll guess she would have been delighted if you had spoken up.

Ligeia Noire
July 1st, 2018, 08:37 AM
Ligeia and Gossamer at the same grocery store?!?!
Incredible!

Obviously I can't speak for her, but I'll guess she would have been delighted if you had spoken up.

It was nice anyway :)

AspenSong
July 1st, 2018, 09:35 AM
What a long day. I finally have time to sit down and let you guys know, that this morning I saw no more no less than Gossamer at my local grocery shop. Won't mention the city because this thread is public but she was wearing a beautiful and gigantic braided bun that immediately caught my attention and when she turned around with her beautiful summer white dress I instantly recognised her. What a small world. At first I thought about saying something but I thought it would be a bit too akward so I just went about my business. We were both at the check out too and then I left. Completely by accident as I decided, at the last minute, to buy lozenges in the morning instead of after work even though I was running late..... :)

Ummmmmm.....if you saw Gossamer, you must be living in the same area as all of us? If you are in the area, are you coming to the meet in a few weeks?!!!

Ligeia Noire
July 1st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Yes I have seen that thread but I am a house cat :p

enting
July 2nd, 2018, 06:05 AM
Yes I have seen that thread but I am a house cat :p

Aww, but I love seeing all the meetup pictures and it would be cool if you were there. (I totally get you though. I am also a house creature.)

veryhairyfairy
July 2nd, 2018, 07:18 AM

It was nice anyway :)

:agree:
I know what you mean, I once saw Gossamer in a park and thought about saying 'hi' but she was already fielding questions from several little girls- it was just cool to see an LHC-er IRL- kind of made my day :)

(funny enough I've also since moved to the same general area of the States as the looming meet but about 10 hours away- maybe next year??)

gossamer
July 2nd, 2018, 07:47 AM

Oh! This is hilarious - I can totally confirm this was me! I went to this grocery store instead of my usual one because I wanted to get the weekend shopping done before I went to work Friday morning, instead of going on Saturday at my usual shop closer to home, because I suspected that the deeply discounted strawberries would all be gone by then. So Ligeia Noire must have seen me wandering all over the unfamiliar store looking for the sale strawberries - but I only saw her once I got in line to check out and noticed someone with a braided cinnabun held with very pretty sticks two people in front of me in line. I though about approaching her once she was done checking out, but she rushed out of the store so quickly!

Next time we run into each other let's say hi? :D

prairie lark
July 2nd, 2018, 08:29 AM
Love this ;) ~hairception

gossamer
July 2nd, 2018, 08:30 AM
:agree:
I know what you mean, I once saw Gossamer in a park and thought about saying 'hi' but she was already fielding questions from several little girls- it was just cool to see an LHC-er IRL- kind of made my day :)

(funny enough I've also since moved to the same general area of the States as the looming meet but about 10 hours away- maybe next year??)

I was fielding questions from several little girls? This might not have been me - PM me the location of this park?

(Edited to add: the last time I can remember being in a park and talking with some little girls about my hair was April 2016, was this then?)

Ligeia Noire
July 2nd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Oh! This is hilarious - I can totally confirm this was me! I went to this grocery store instead of my usual one because I wanted to get the weekend shopping done before I went to work Friday morning, instead of going on Saturday at my usual shop closer to home, because I suspected that the deeply discounted strawberries would all be gone by then. So Ligeia Noire must have seen me wandering all over the unfamiliar store looking for the sale strawberries - but I only saw her once I got in line to check out and noticed someone with a braided cinnabun held with very pretty sticks two people in front of me in line. I though about approaching her once she was done checking out, but she rushed out of the store so quickly!

I was so late for work but I did not want to bother you and rush you. Anyway, it was a funny coincidence and next time we shall converse. :)

veryhairyfairy
July 3rd, 2018, 07:23 AM

I love this so much! Mutual recognition based on buns- only the LHC!

I was fielding questions from several little girls? This might not have been me - PM me the location of this park?

(Edited to add: the last time I can remember being in a park and talking with some little girls about my hair was April 2016, was this then?)

Yep, I think it was the park where you took the photos in the tree? Lol I heard the age-old "Have you ever cut it?" as SO and I walked by :lol:

gossamer
July 3rd, 2018, 07:49 AM
Yep, I think it was the park where you took the photos in the tree? Lol I heard the age-old "Have you ever cut it?" as SO and I walked by :lol:

Oh my goodness, that's exactly what I was hoping because.... I was wearing the same white dress that day. Apparently it has magic powers that make me cross paths with LHCers unawares?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, my goodness how I miss that park and that neighborhood...

veryhairyfairy
July 4th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Oh my goodness, that's exactly what I was hoping because.... I was wearing the same white dress that day. Apparently it has magic powers that make me cross paths with LHCers unawares?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, my goodness how I miss that park and that neighborhood...

Hah! The white dress of longhairs unawares, that's a really strange coincidence!

The thing I miss the most about that neighborhood are the amazing food opportunities! Gawd... samosas!!
I took it upon myself to figure out spinach feta croissants because there's no way I'll spend my life without them :laugh:

Beatnik Guy
July 15th, 2018, 06:39 PM

Oh cool! This is the second time this happened on this thread, as I was spotted in the wild a few years ago. We arranged to meet for coffee the following week. That thread: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65067 :)

Beatnik Guy
July 15th, 2018, 06:42 PM
doublepost

Ligeia Noire
July 16th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Oh cool! This is the second time this happened on this thread, as I was spotted in the wild a few years ago. We arranged to meet for coffee the following week. That thread: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65067 :)

Isn't the world a small place? Quite unexpected it was.

fiđrildi
July 17th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I'm too shy to stop anyone on the street (or to yell "Gilbert!!" > humm... or was it Monistat?).

But I do take pictures from behind sometimes :face: (are we allowed to post that kind of picture here? no faces showing). Spotted a thudworthy knee length, 4a/4b black mane in Amsterdam last march.

gossamer
July 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I'm too shy to stop anyone on the street (or to yell "Gilbert!!" > humm... or was it Monistat?).

But I do take pictures from behind sometimes :face: (are we allowed to post that kind of picture here? no faces showing). Spotted a thudworthy knee length, 4a/4b black mane in Amsterdam last march.

No, I don't think you're allowed to post shots like that here unless you have the permission of the person in the photo. I know I've seen people "covertly" taking photos of me when my hair/braid has been down before and it's always really bothered me...

fiđrildi
July 18th, 2018, 01:47 AM
No, I don't think you're allowed to post shots like that here unless you have the permission of the person in the photo. I know I've seen people "covertly" taking photos of me when my hair/braid has been down before and it's always really bothered me...

Thank you gossamer, got it :thumbsup:

(I found this sticky that I hadn't read before: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939&highlight=posting+pictures))

Anastasia Hope
July 18th, 2018, 03:39 AM
i saw a young girl (maybe 17?) the other day with wavy red hair a little past her knees. It was sooooo beautiful. I have hair envy all the time lol. It did cross my mind to ask if she was an LHCer but i was too shy

gossamer
July 18th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Thank you gossamer, got it :thumbsup:

(I found this sticky that I hadn't read before: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939&highlight=posting+pictures))

Street Shots are also sometimes referred to around here as "creeper shots" just so you know...

fiđrildi
July 18th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Street Shots are also sometimes referred to around here as "creeper shots" just so you know...

I can see why they are called that way, I didn’t think about it so thoroughly. I feel embarrassed now (but I do appreciate your honesty).

Beatnik Guy
July 18th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Or "stalking with a camera".

fiđrildi
July 18th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Or "stalking with a camera".

Oh dear, I will go hide under a rock now :oops: :sad

It wouldn’t have bothered me to have my picture taken (or uploaded, as long as my face wasn’t showing), but I should have known better. I’m glad that this topic came up though, maybe it will help others like me who unknowingly (or innocently) might have made other people feel violated.

Jas
July 18th, 2018, 12:49 PM
I totally understand the impulse though! Seeing healthy long hair in the wild feels a bit of a novelty - not many people have really long hair where I live. If you know the person you can always ask their permission too :D

Garnetgem
July 19th, 2018, 01:11 PM
I often see a long hair and always wonder if they are a member here,only LHC member i have spotted is in a weekly magazine issued this week,gives her tips for long hair growth and care!

AmaryllisRed
July 20th, 2018, 07:30 AM
I often see a long hair and always wonder if they are a member here,only LHC member i have spotted is in a weekly magazine issued this week,gives her tips for long hair growth and care!

Oooh, who was it and what magazine?

Ligeia Noire
July 20th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Long blonde hair? Maybe Andrea? She had a couple of articles lately.

ETJ CURLS
December 16th, 2023, 06:06 AM
Since joining here I've seen quite a few people (mostly ladies but a couple guys as well) that I've wondered about. But I also live in a conservative rural area that's mainly white and hispanic, so they might just be christian and/or farm people (like myself) :laugh: