PDA

View Full Version : squiggy's anniversary! maybe waist again?

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
well its been a year! ive gone from shoulder not even being able to get most of my hair into a pony tail stub to waist then back to bsl.. now maybe ive come back to waist? the can i call this waist length.. its been a long journey.. and there is still a long ways ahead..

ive learned how to do a single braid and ive learned a whole bunch of new hairstyles.. ive learned how to make things out of wood.. ive learned so much from all of you!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl.. this is what happened to my hair when my pink dye faded out actually i think there may have been some blue in there.. which would explain the dark dingy colored areas.. i couldnt even get all of my hair into a stubby pony tail yet because it was so short

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg
somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches
here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture.. wow i was so skinny then... not that im fat now.. just not so scarily thin..

here is me in december 2007 looking a bit longer its curling up at the ends so it looks fuller..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dec2007lengthshot.jpg

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair.. everyone likes the color in this one.. i wore the stripey shirt to show how far i had till waist to go..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends) the ends were so awful..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. 4 inches trimmed so far since joining.. i wonder how long my hair would be if it hadnt needed the trims... it felt so weird and short

the may picture was cut out because i cant have that many pictures in a post

ok and here is my hair june 9th 2008.. a definite improvement in health

please excuse the fly aways the wind was blowing while i took the picture.. the tieback on my dress is about waist maybe a bit lower than waist to accommodate droop since its not tied tightly..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_bluedressback.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/bluedressback.jpg)picture is clickable

its a bit fluffier. i was thinking about how much shorter the picture looked in june and i realized that its not shorter its just spread out over my shoulders making my hair look wider which in turn makes it look shorter
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is end of june/early july 2008. you can see how my underside grows faster than my canopy.. please excuse the fly aways i cant seem to get a day without wind to take pictures..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)
clickable
i wish my hair was straight it would be past waist if it was.. also from this picture i can see just how far ive got to go until i reach classic.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_augustlength2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/augustlength2008.jpg)clickable
well here is my hair today august 5th 2008
its very dirty and greasy but whatever.. atleast when its dirty it will lay flat instead of flying around in the breeze... it looks just as thick as the other pictures when its freshly washed.. dont be fooled by how its lying flat.. its just really greasy and dirty and weighed down..its not any thinner..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so in a couple of days ill be able to have an animated avatar and a title..

does anyone have any ideas on what my title should be?? seriously im out of ideas..

FrannyG
August 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Congratulations, dear Squiggy. :happydance: Your hair has made remarkable progress in this past year, and it's been a genuine pleasure getting to know you. :blossom:

Arctic
August 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
My goodness, your hair grows fast! Fantastic progress and it looks really good now! I like the hemline a lot :D And congratulations for both on your anniversary and reaching 1000 posts soon :joy: :magic: :puppykisses:

ETA: Heh, I mean getting the priviledges, personal title etc :) I see you already have rached 1000 posts :blush:

DavidN
August 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Congratulations, Squiggy, on your one year anniversary at the LHC, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you! Your hair grows so quickly, and is thick, shiny, and healthy!:flowers:

thankyousir74
August 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hiya Squiggy! My anniversary was Aug 2nd! Pretty cool that its within the same week, except I wish I was closer to your length though :D

Either way your hair is looking mighty fine!

And about animated avatars and such, how do you know when is is that you get certain privileges?

ETA: Oh you meant LHC anniversary ^_^ I haven't had that yet I thought you meant anniversary after a big cut, that's what I was referring too. :oops:

meliora
August 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wow! I was always amazed at your progress, and now your new pictures are stunning! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Angelina15
August 5th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Congratulations Squiggy!! Your hair is so beautiful, very healthy! Your hair grows soo fast you lucky duck!

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, dear Squiggy. Your hair has made remarkable progress in this past year, and it's been a genuine pleasure getting to know you.

thanks!!!!.. actually i was thinking that after all the awful things i said on the unpopular opinions thread that no one would post in this thread.. i really should learn to walk away and not post angry..

My goodness, your hair grows fast! Fantastic progress and it looks really good now! I like the hemline a lot And congratulations for both on your anniversary and reaching 1000 posts soon

ETA: Heh, I mean getting the priviledges, personal title etc I see you already have rached 1000 posts :blush:
thanks!! yeah i should be reaching 2000 posts soon enough..

so no thoughts on what my title should be? anyone? really i need a bit of inspiration

Congratulations, Squiggy, on your one year anniversary at the LHC, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you! Your hair grows so quickly, and is thick, shiny, and healthy!
i just knew you would be one of the first people to congradulate me.. thank you so much!!! it really means alot!! :flowers:

Hiya Squiggy! My anniversary was Aug 2nd! Pretty cool that its within the same week, except I wish I was closer to your length though

Either way your hair is looking mighty fine!

And about animated avatars and such, how do you know when is is that you get certain privileges?

ETA: Oh you meant LHC anniversary ^_^ I haven't had that yet I thought you meant anniversary after a big cut, that's what I was referring too.
thanks!:D yeah when you are here for a year and have over 1000 posts you get an animated avatar and a user title..

Anje
August 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Squiggy, are you like 3 feet tall??? :p I'm seriously envious of that growth rate -- it's quite incredible.

Your hair looks awesome! It might indeed be waist, but just barely. Personally, I have trouble claiming a mark until the bulk of my hair is at that point or a bit past, so I'll wait til next week to grant you waist. Great progress! :thud:

bex487
August 5th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I love the color of your henna'd hair. Gorgeous! :)

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow! I was always amazed at your progress, and now your new pictures are stunning! Congratulations on your anniversary!

thank you so much :flowers:

Congratulations Squiggy!! Your hair is so beautiful, very healthy! Your hair grows soo fast you lucky duck!
thanks! :flowers:

rubber ducky quack quack quack rubber ducky.. now ill be singing that in my head all night while im trying to sleep..

Squiggy, are you like 3 feet tall??? I'm seriously envious of that growth rate -- it's quite incredible.

Your hair looks awesome! It might indeed be waist, but just barely. Personally, I have trouble claiming a mark until the bulk of my hair is at that point or a bit past, so I'll wait til next week to grant you waist. Great progress!
ok this comment literally had me curled up laughing! :rolling:
im 5'6"
yeah i think im at the "can i call this waist" length.. some days its more wavy than others..

Dvips
August 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Waist-length :agree: and sooo pretty!

Isilya
August 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
:agape: I can't get over how fast your hair grows! And the colour really suits you :)

Anyway, happy anniversary! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Arctic
August 5th, 2008, 04:31 PM
How about "The Lucky Duck" for a title :D

Feng-Shui
August 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Congratulations on your success.

Your hair grows so fast.

It is like that shining and strong.:flowers:

HeatherMae
August 5th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I am just amazed at how fast your hair grows! Good for you! I love your color too! Happy Anniversary!! :)

JessTheMess
August 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Wow your hair grows amazingly fast! Congratulations!!

crebbsgirl
August 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Wow Squiggy your hair looks gorgeous! I am seriously green with envy over here. I can only hope that at my one year anniversary here my hair looks 1/2 so good!!! And the colour, might I add, is striking!! Congratulations!

xrosiex
August 5th, 2008, 05:03 PM
WOW!!!! Your hair is beautiful. Great growth and shiny color. I love it. Congrads on your year here.:)

paper
August 5th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

Your hair sure grows fast! Looks beautiful, congrats!

embee
August 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Congratulations, Squiggy! Isn't it nice to have just hit waist! That's long hair, girl. :)

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM
:agape: I can't get over how fast your hair grows! And the colour really suits you :)

Anyway, happy anniversary! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

it grew so fast in the first half of the year.. its slow and steady now.. thanks!!

hmm or perhaps "the lucky ducky" (that way it will rhyme)

Wow Squiggy your hair looks gorgeous! I am seriously green with envy over here. I can only hope that at my one year anniversary here my hair looks 1/2 so good!!! And the colour, might I add, is striking!! Congratulations!
wow way to make a girl blush! thanks!

Congratulations, Squiggy! Isn't it nice to have just hit waist! That's long hair, girl. :)
yup.. ive waited a long time.. it seems like forever since i cut back to bsl in april..

yogachic
August 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Your hair grows so fast! Looking good.

Nat242
August 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Your hair is looking really beautiful. Congratulations on your first anniversary, it's been so lovely getting to know you. :flowers:

enitsirk
August 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Your hair is looking gorgeous, squiggy! Congrats!

[...I've been reading your name as squigglyflop all this time. Can you imagine? :lol:]

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Your hair grows so fast! Looking good.
thanks!

Your hair is looking really beautiful. Congratulations on your first anniversary, it's been so lovely getting to know you. :flowers:
aww thankyou!! :flowers::o

Your hair is looking gorgeous, squiggy! Congrats!

[...I've been reading your name as squigglyflop all this time. Can you imagine? :lol:]
thanks
i figured when i chose the name squiggyflop that most people would think its was squigglyflop.. when i first joined the boards alot of people called me squigglyflop..

ooo everyone

try to say squigglyflop 5 times fast!:D

i cant do it

PseudoScot
August 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Nice progress! Good job with the hair care - you do have a lovely color!

LadyMoon11
August 5th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Your hair is thick and beautiful :inlove:
It is very obvious that you have had significant growth- despite the needed trims, and much improvement.
Congratulations! :cheese:

feralnature
August 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Beautiful texture and color, lovely :)

NurseMama
August 5th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I am so jealous that your hair is waist at 29 inches! My hair at 25.5 isn't even bsl yet! Congratulations, it looks lovely and thick!

*mumbles* freakin' crazy long waist genes.

manderly
August 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Wow your hair has grown so fast! It looks great :D

Guenever
August 6th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I second that :wink:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
:cheer: Beautiful hair indeed!

sexyjacksparrow
August 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Wow - that's amazing prgress in just one year!

Xandergrammy
August 6th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Congratulations, Squiggy! Your hair looks fabulous!

squiggyflop
August 6th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Your hair is thick and beautiful :inlove:
It is very obvious that you have had significant growth- despite the needed trims, and much improvement.
Congratulations! :cheese:
thanks!
yeah.. losing 4 inches to trims really set me back.. but going from shoulder to hip in a year would be just plain weird.. i grew about 10 inches this year and trimmed 4.. so about 6 inches of visible growth..

I am so jealous that your hair is waist at 29 inches! My hair at 25.5 isn't even bsl yet! Congratulations, it looks lovely and thick!

*mumbles* freakin' crazy long waist genes.
actually my ribcage is deformed.. so my waist is weird.. plus my spine is crooked so i should be at least an inch taller..

any thankyou everyone else!!
i believe that this puppy expresses the way i feel about you all!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Lucario_01/cutething.gif
watch the puppy and its hypnotic sway.. you are getting sleepy.. very sleepy.. now you are the puppy.. you feel the puppys joy as your own.. hehe

Peggy E.
August 6th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Good going, girl! Your hair is gorgeous and, were I you, I'd be loving all those wonderful waves and curls, that luxurious, full mane that has got to be the envy of everyone! Enjoy it, for it's super - and so are YOU!

Patrycja
August 6th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Holy Carp,girl! Your hair is looking amazing :agape: I dream to have your ends and fullness....Huhray for your anniversary :cheer: :happydance:

As for your member title....good luck with that ;) I thought of mine forever ago and I'm keeping tabs on it untill October.I'm such a dork.

Arctic
August 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
i believe that this puppy expresses the way i feel about you all!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m82/Lucario_01/cutething.gif
watch the puppy and its hypnotic sway.. you are getting sleepy.. very sleepy.. now you are the puppy.. you feel the puppys joy as your own.. hehe

Ha ha haa! Hey wait, my eyes feel suddenly heaavyyyy....:sleep: ZzzzzZZZzzz

Garnet66
August 6th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I always love looking at pics of you hair. It always looks amazing. And your growth rate. You are indeed a lucky ducky.

Islandgrrl
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Squiggs...I cannot believe how fast your hair grows! Truly amazing. And really, it looks beautiful. I love the henna and the thickness and the shininess....okay, I have a mild case of hair envy! :silly:

Happy Anniversary to you! This time next year you'll probably be at classic!

CurlyNinja
August 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats!! Happy LHC Anniversary, and yay for reaching waist...again!

NurseMama
August 6th, 2008, 12:42 PM
actually my ribcage is deformed.. so my waist is weird.. plus my spine is crooked so i should be at least an inch taller..

It may be both you and your rib cage then and me and my freakishly long waist. I won't hit waist until 35 inches :(.

squiggyflop
August 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Good going, girl! Your hair is gorgeous and, were I you, I'd be loving all those wonderful waves and curls, that luxurious, full mane that has got to be the envy of everyone! Enjoy it, for it's super - and so are YOU!

*total blush* thanks:cheese:

Holy Carp,girl! Your hair is looking amazing :agape: I dream to have your ends and fullness....Huhray for your anniversary :cheer: :happydance:

As for your member title....good luck with that ;) I thought of mine forever ago and I'm keeping tabs on it untill October.I'm such a dork.
thanks! i look forward to when you reveal this mystery title of yours..

Ha ha haa! Hey wait, my eyes feel suddenly heaavyyyy....:sleep: ZzzzzZZZzzz
LMAO:D

I always love looking at pics of you hair. It always looks amazing. And your growth rate. You are indeed a lucky ducky.
hmm lucky ducky.. i like it more and more

Squiggs...I cannot believe how fast your hair grows! Truly amazing. And really, it looks beautiful. I love the henna and the thickness and the shininess....okay, I have a mild case of hair envy! :silly:

Happy Anniversary to you! This time next year you'll probably be at classic!
thanks!.. i dont know about classic.. but maybe ill be low hip-tailbone this time next year..

oh henna.. HENNA OH I FORGOT! I NEED TO GO DEFROST SOME!! a couple of random people commented on how they loved my henna but also loved my natural reddish roots.. when people can tell what color my roots are its time for a touch up.. i definitely prefer the henna to my natural auburn..

Congrats!! Happy LHC Anniversary, and yay for reaching waist...again!
yay waist again!! thanks!

It may be both you and your rib cage then and me and my freakishly long waist. I won't hit waist until 35 inches :(.
ill be almost tailbone at 35inches.. oh wow i really might make it to tailbone by next year.. yes that is one long torso you got

girlcat36
August 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Your hair grows at an astounding rate!! And so thick, too! I have envy. :D

elusive0204
August 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Happy anniversary! You've got lovely hair, great color, too :)

squiggyflop
August 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Your hair grows at an astounding rate!! And so thick, too! I have envy. :D
thanks!:cheese: its really more fluffy puffy than thick..

Happy anniversary! You've got lovely hair, great color, too :)
aww thank you!

also.. i wonder if the last pic is lighter because of the honey treatments..

theAnimeway
August 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM
love the color :)

squiggyflop
August 7th, 2008, 06:57 AM
love the color :)
thanks!:cheese: :flowers:

susiemw
August 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Congratulations!!
Your hair is gorgeous and looks wonderfully
luxurious, full and healthy.

I loved your little hypnotic dancing puppy!!

susan

squiggyflop
August 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Congratulations!!
Your hair is gorgeous and looks wonderfully
luxurious, full and healthy.

I loved your little hypnotic dancing puppy!!

susan
yeah i was just browsing and i came across that puppy.. its so cute i had to share it

darkwaves
August 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Amazing growth -- congrats!

squiggyflop
August 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Amazing growth -- congrats!
thankyou!!! :cheese::cheese::flowers:

GlassEyes
August 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
How the heck do you manage to get it to grow that fast? o-o

In any case, congrats!

skay
August 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Squiggyflop, I just wanted to added my congratulations as well.

It's fun to see your great progress and it's wonderful to see how inspiring you are to others.

Well-done!

Slug Yoga
August 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Okay, I just realized--all this time I was thinking it was your SECOND anniversary, not your first, because you've had so much growth! :agape: Very impressive. Are you on super vitamins or something? What great progress. And awesome color! Your hair looks great.

squiggyflop
August 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
How the heck do you manage to get it to grow that fast? o-o

In any case, congrats!
thanks!!:D

well in the beginning my hair responded well to vitamins so i had super fast growth the first half of the year.. so that contributed a bit.. its a shame i had to cut off 4 inches this year..

Squiggyflop, I just wanted to add my congratulations as well.

It's fun to see your great progress and it's wonderful to see how inspiring you are to others.

Well-done!
hmm i dont understand how my frizzy mop can be inspirational..

Okay, I just realized--all this time I was thinking it was your SECOND anniversary, not your first, because you've had so much growth! :agape: Very impressive. Are you on super vitamins or something? What great progress. And awesome color! Your hair looks great.
yup its my first anniversary.. just one year ago i had shoulder length hair that i couldnt even get into a good ponytail stub..
i do take natrol skin hair nails.. and centrum.. thanks!! :D:)

squiggyflop
August 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
ok so my anniversary is actually in 2 days..

i supposedly get an animated avatar..

how does this one look to you..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lhcavatartry2.gif

i just made it for fun with serif draw plus 4

is it working?
or should i go with a premade animated avatar

maskedrose
August 12th, 2008, 12:46 AM
You really do have the most amazing growth rate squiggy! Congrats waist length (second time around, darn you :) )!!

manderly
August 12th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Ok sqiggs, that's just a scary avatar!!

jeno
August 12th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Oh I love all those pictures! What a growth you have!

squiggyflop
August 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You really do have the most amazing growth rate squiggy! Congrats waist length (second time around, darn you :) )!!
thanks.. yup i didnt think i would make it back to waist by the end of the year.. actually originally i thought i would only make it to BSL by the end of the year.. i really didnt expect much growth after all my hair had hardly grown in the year before i joined.. (actually it was growing but it was breaking off as fast as it was growing)

Ok sqiggs, that's just a scary avatar!!
hehe yeah.. im not sure if i want to use that one or make a new one.. and yeah thats me in the avatar.. the filters make it look so creepy..

Oh I love all those pictures! What a growth you have!
thanks!:cheese:

squiggyflop
August 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
ok its official.. i am the lucky ducky..

today is my real anniversary.. wow how time has flown..