PDA

View Full Version : Does hair on your head all grow at the same rate? (Bad haircut..)

hippoti
July 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Not long ago I got my hair cut about 3 inches and had long layers added to it. It was a day or two after going to the hair salon that I noticed my layers on the right side of my face are longer than the other side! It's not completely obvious so I don't want to waste any money getting it cut again, so I was thinking I'd cut it a bit myself. But because I don't trust myself with that either, if hair does not grow at the same rate, I will be fine leaving it alone to grow out itself. Am I explaining myself well..? I'm sorry if this is a bit dragged out!

Thank you!

MinderMutsig
July 28th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I'd go back to the salon because you paid them to give you a proper haircut and instead they made it lopsided. Not acceptable in my book.

But to answer your question, yes hair does grow at different rates. The difference is all over your head though. Most people don't have a difference between left and right and even if you do, maybe your longer side grows faster and the haircut will get more lopsided over time.

Humbug454
July 28th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Yes hair definitely does grow at different rates across your head. But it's not hugely noticeable.

Some of the time it actually comes down to breakage anyway, there's usually one side of your head which takes more of a beating than the other! ;)

Amber_Maiden
July 28th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Yep, it all grows at different rates. You shed hair, and get new hairs growing, even while the rest of your hair is long, don't you? ;)

sakuraemily
July 28th, 2012, 07:52 AM
It does actually. I had the same problem 2 months back but now that its at my shoulders it isn't all that obvious anymore.

sakuraemily
July 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
It does actually. I had the same problem 2 months back but now that its at my shoulders it isn't all that obvious anymore.

Panth
July 29th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Yes, it grows at different rates. BUT that cannot produce a visible effect in "a day or two".

You've had a bad haircut. Go back to the salon, explain why you're unhappy with it, and hopefully they should remedy it.

jacqueline101
July 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
It grows at different rates. I'd go back to the salon and get my hair redone.

palaeoqueen
July 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I'd go back and in fact that's exactly what I did when I had the same problem in December last year. There was no way I could leave it, there was a difference of about 2" between the sides!

heidi w.
July 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hair all round generally grows at the same rate. So that longish bit now will be longish in the future.

heidi w.

mzBANGBANG
July 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM
For whatever reason, the front of my hair *seems* to grow ten times faster than the rest of my hair. I always notice this because I do face-framers and with in a couple months they seem to always catch up with the rest of my hair.

I second going back and asking them to fix it.