PDA

View Full Version : Thicker Hair

jennescence
July 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Does anyone have any tips on how to make your hair appear thicker? Without product of course. See my hair is quite thick which means as it grows the weight make the roots look flat. Is there a solution, or will I just have to deal with this?

owlathena
July 28th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Hibiscus powder gives me crazy volume at my roots! I mix it with conditioner (I love all the vo5 conditioners) and leave it on for an hour or two. Just make sure to rinse it all out or else your hair will feel a little gritty.

barely.there
July 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Bumpits. :)

minxe
July 28th, 2012, 03:28 AM
If you flip your head over and blow dry your roots, it'll give you some volume.

Allychan
July 28th, 2012, 03:58 AM
If you flip your head over and blow dry your roots, it'll give you some volume.

Completely agree, although I do limit my blowfries to about 2 per year (I don't get out much, poor me:o).

I also found that if I flip my hair over and castor oil the roots it gives me heaps of volume. Castor oil is really thick and tacky so I think that's why it works, I don't put anything on my ends as my hair is still pretty thin on the ends and oily ends make it greasy really easy

MissCoco
July 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Scalp massages and lifting your roots air-drying your hair work really well. Also, just bending over with your head upside down and gently pulling your roots gives great results- no need for any blowfrying either. :D

Amber_Maiden
July 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Brush your hair upside down?

AgnesONutter
July 28th, 2012, 08:07 AM

Or simply just flip your hair upside down, gently shake the root hair when damp, then gather your hair into a loose bun at the top of your head. Push the bun even more forward as you straighten, and secure with pins. I find if I dry my hair, so that the front pieces are not plastered to my scalp, I get more volume. :)

Madora
July 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
The thing is, the weight and length of the hair will pull the hair down, thus making the "volume" issue hard to obtain.

If you are contemplating using the hair tossing method, please consider the tangles that might ensue.

Madora
July 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Never worked for me.

It might work if my hair was very short...but I like to comb my hair after brushing, so the effect would be lost.