PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to like wearing my hair up again

spirals
July 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I used to wear my hair half-up or in french braids all through high school and then transitioned over the years to wearing it down in various shorter layered styles. I don't generally like it up because I have a short neck, small chin, and prominent nose. I gave in today because it's too hot at work. I did 2 dutch braids going into rope braids. The layers in front were puffing up weirdly, so I pulled them out into face-framing wavy tendrils. Big hoop earrings helped my profile. I guess it was cute because on of my customers was all trying to chat me up while I was still helping the lady before him. (Fortunately she was nice and didn't mind.) So yeah--I don't feel as insecure about wearing my hair up. :D I just need big earrings and a smile.

owlathena
July 28th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hooray for self confidence! Hmm...maybe I should get myself a pair of big earrings.

ladylowtide
July 28th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Whenever I don't like how I look with my hair up. my solution is always a big pair of dangly earrings. I feel it achieves the face framing effect / feminizes my face, which looks a bit odd with all of the hair in the back. So I totally know what you are talking about.

embee
July 28th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I just need big earrings and a smile.

Hah! I just wrote such a sentence in the Giant Forehead thread! :D

Ticky
July 28th, 2012, 05:19 AM
That's great! Proves that stepping out of your comfort zone can turn out to be surprisingly good :)

I am also in the process of convincing myself that going out with my hair up is fine. My ears stick out, not in the ''aww, you look like a fairy!'' type of way, more like ''you look like someone smacked you in the head with a frying pan and your ears stayed seperated'' :gabigrin: Maybe I need some earrings, too.

sakuraemily
July 28th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Thats nice! Buns and braids are such versatile things........

Amber_Maiden
July 28th, 2012, 06:27 AM
yay!!!

And yeah, big earrings rock.

Zesty
July 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I have a weak chin and have discovered the big earrings thing helps a lot with updos. Big earrings and sometimes also headbands to make my face look less... naked. :p It's a wonderful thing.