PDA

View Full Version : Deunan Knute Hair from Appleseed...is it possible?

GoddesJourney
July 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone. Haven't posted in forever. I was wondering if anyone who knows about cutting and styling hair can tell me if this anime hairstyle is possible. It's not a crazy style or anything, I was just wondering if it could be cut this way (without having to mouse it or anything) I fairly recently cut my hair to shoulder length and it's driving me nuts because my hair is very thick and it poofs out. I have never had it within six to eight inches of this length in my whole life, so I find it really inconvenient to wear down. Anyway, Deunan Knute from the anime Appleseed. You can google it because if I remember right hotlinking was not allowed. Thank you.

P.S. Yes, I do have pictures but they are on my phone and I'm having problems with it at the moment. For those of you who will ask, I absolutely love my hair and loved having it long my whole life, but military life has made it a pain. Wearing the headache bun that interferes with sitting up straight in the car or otherwise letting my scalp take a break was no longer worth it. And whatever else... give it a try, right? Yes, I will undoubtedly grow it back really long whenever these factors do not affect me.

millyaulait
July 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, I imagine lots of layers would do the trick, but it might not be that great for growing out.

You'd probably have to use a little aloe gel (or a 'real' hair gel/texturizer) to get it separated like that though. :)

millyaulait
July 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Also, I guess this is *sort of* similar, but it gives you a rough idea of short layers on real hair.

http://i.imgur.com/GDsuq.jpg

GoddesJourney
July 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, cool. Yeah, I'm not looking for perfection here and it certainly doesn't have to be clumpy like that. I would actually like to know what it would look like just with clumpy layers. My hair would probably do that on it's own a bit because it's not quite straight or wavy and it is very thick and poofy. Also, it can't look too "stylish" or it won't fly at work anyway. I can probably solve this by just having it a little shorter since it can't be in my eyes anyway.

Not worried about growing it out because it will be at least a couple of more years before I will do that. When that day comes, oh well, I will have to deal with it.

Siiri
July 27th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I like the style. I have similar hair texture to yours, and when my hair was that short, I could never get it to stay like that even with layers, because it would always bend inwards. Thickness made it look even more round. You'd probably need to use hair powder and strong matte wax or gel to make it more stiff, along with a lot of layers. When I used only hair wax or a product that was too "soft", it would never hold.

Catia
July 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Unless you find a very good stylist, and some good hair product, I am afraid this would look very Moe from the 3 stooges in RL. All that thick hair will want to blend together, even with layers.

Texturizer is your friend.

Don't go to Walmart

:silly:

lapushka
July 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
To have it look like that all the time, I'm thinking it needs to be washed often and styled daily and that's something that's not easy to do, to keep up with all the time, I mean. At that length, I needed to wash or at least wet down my hair daily to get the cowlicks to lay flat and stay in place. Might not be a good option if you have unruly hair, like me. It always looks good in pictures or on paper, though. :o

GoddesJourney
July 28th, 2012, 08:32 AM
So...I cut it. She cut it too short on top so it would poof up, which apparently most girls think is "cute", but I passionately do not think so. I absolutely hate the bumpits look. Anyway, volume was never my problem, so now I will wear a Bruce Lee helmet that quite honestly looks like a wig until hopefully a month or so from now when the top is long enough to lay down more. Until then I may have to wear product, which is a horrible punishment for someone like me. I plan to get my phone working today so I can put up pictures and we can all have a good laugh. ;)