PDA

View Full Version : Caruso hair system (and getting curls to stay)

Dovetail
July 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was wondering how would you go about setting curls done with the curaso system without hairspray or product? My hair always loses curl like...right away.. when i use to use heat. So much so that one side would fall before i finished the other side. Does the steam system make the curl stay longer on its own?
I'd really like to curl my hair for work, but itd hate for it to go limp 1/2 way through.

When I do braid waves or sock bun waves, they stay just fine, but Those are things I leave in all night.

Any advice?

MrsGuther
July 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Ultrabella is someone on LHC who should be able to give you great advice with Caruso rollers. :)

Dovetail
July 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thnak you for the lead. Ill drop her a message and see what she thinks :)

MrsGuther
July 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thnak you for the lead. Ill drop her a message and see what she thinks :)

You're welcome. :)

BrightEyes
July 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Not UltraBella, and I do have only shoulder length hair. But...I really love the Caruso system. Here's what I do:

My hair has to be completely dry first. When steaming the rollers, I can only steam each one for no longer than 2 seconds (my hair is very fine). You may need to steam yours for longer. I also steam the shield quickly, literally for a second only. I tried adding a light gel to the water before steaming the rollers, but I didn't notice a difference in the end result. I've heard adding gel has helped others though.

After rolling my hair, I wait 30-40 minutes (I have to wait longer than the directions say). I've found that if I blow dry on cold for 2 or 3 minutes before unrolling my hair then the curl holds better. Sometimes I do use a little hairspray, but this is not necessary for my curls to hold. I just will do a very light spray sometimes if I'm going to be very busy and on the go that day and I want to be reassured the curls will stay where I want them.

They take some experimenting at first to figure out how long to steam the rollers and how long to leave them on your head. Once I figured them out I fell in love with them.

Hope this helps:)

Dovetail
July 27th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Brighteyes- Thank you so much for the input! Hopefully I can figure out the right amount of time. Why is hair so trail-and-error!

I think I'll try leaving them in a bit longer and maybe they'll be better.

BrightEyes
July 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Brighteyes- Thank you so much for the input! Hopefully I can figure out the right amount of time. Why is hair so trail-and-error!

I think I'll try leaving them in a bit longer and maybe they'll be better.

You're very welcome:) Yes it can be a little frustrating figuring out what our particular hair needs.

I hope you can find a way to make these rollers work for you. I love the natural-looking curl they give.