PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Priorin thread

DancingQueen
July 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I searched around the forums for some information, but I only found 2 posts, where someone mentioned it very briefly. So, I would love to hear your experience with it if you tried it.

Some say Priorin make the hair grow a little faster (thought some of you might be interested in that :) ), but mainly stop excessive shedding and thicken up hair. To work properly, you should take 3 pills per day for 3 months (2 for breakfast and 1 for dinner), and then 1 per day for 3 months.

I can't find a lot of english sites about it, you might be able to find more, but here is one link:

http://www.ameinfo.com/233674.html

This is the original link, and the bottle I bought, but the site is in danish. If you want to read it, maybe you can use google translate. But there is a lot of info about how it works, and the growth phases of the hair: http://www.priorin.dk/da/index.html

Looking forward to hearing from someone who tried it before. (or if anyone want to join me) :)

ETA: If you try this, please do not take other supplements, and only take the amount recommended on the bottle. Any pills can be dangerous in overdose.

DancingQueen
July 27th, 2012, 04:34 AM
In this post I will update my results as I get them.

Since I joined here, i have lost at least 1 cm in thickness, and that was measured several months ago. I feel like I shed more than ever, and I have always shed a lot. Even though it doesn't look thin, it is (and I have never had thin hair before). So, I have started Prioin today.

I took one this morning, and my scalp is already itching and it feels like it is growing (although maybe that is just wishful thinking :D ) I am not taking this for the sake of faster growth, but still, it would be interesting to see if my hair really does grow faster.

Day 1 (27/7 2012)

- Shedding: A lot
- Length: 61,5 cm
- Thickness: 7 cm
- Comment: I only took one pill so far, maybe I will take 2 for dinner. But my scalp pretty quickly started itching, it feels like it is growing. I could be wrong about it though, we will see in a few months. :)

Day 6 (2/8 2012)

- Shedding: A little less maybe?
- Length: 62 cm (!)
- Comment: So, I looked in the mirror and stretched my hair (a bad habit I am developing), and I couldn't help but noticing it suddenly looked a lot closer to BSL than I noticed before. So, I could not resist the urge to measure my hair. And guess what? It grew 0.5 cm - in six days! That is crazy for my hair, which grows 1 cm a month! I wrote 62 cm, even though I actually got a few sprinters that are slightly longer. I measured like 10 times to make sure. I have been taking 3 pills each day as recommended (2 for breakfast, 1 for dinner). So far, I didn't notice a difference in thickness, but I think my shedding cut down a bit. Now I can't wait to see the further results. :)

Day 13: (9/8 2012)

- Shedding: Reduced
- Length: 62,5 cm
- Tkickness: Didn't measure
- Comment: I am continuing with three daily pills, and my growth does seem to explode. I kept getting numbers between 62,5 and 63, bit I will go with 62,5, as I can't believe it if it grew 1 cm in seven days. I didn't measure my thickness, as I think it will take longer to be measurable, but it definitely feels thicker at the crown when I run my fingers through. I still shed, but compared to before priorin, it is nothing. So all in all, at seems to be working both ways. :)

Day 21: (17/8 2012)

- Shedding: Still reduced
- Length: 63 cm
- Comment: Well, another 0.5 cm. Amaizing it grows with the exact same speed as before. 3 weeks into the experiment, and I find another added benefit: My lashes looks thicker and longer. Still no measurable difference in thickness of the hair, but it defiantly feels thicker at the crown. But of course, it will take a while for the short hairs to grow to pony-length. :) at some point, I will have to get a much needed haircut, as it is almost 4 months since my last one (usually, I only go 3 months). But fear not; I will measure before and after, so the experiment is still on. :)

Day 24: (20/8 2012)

- Just updating to tell you guys I had my hair cut. I was way overdue for a trim, so I am back at 59 cm. But my hemline is nice and thick now, so I think it was a good thing to get done. Hopefully, I won't need to have another trim until november or december. :) A link to where my hair is currently at: http://monkeybuisness.blog.com/2012/08/22/38/ Password is LHC.

Day 31 (27/8 2012)

- Shedding: More reduced
- Legth: 59 cm (?)
- Comment: It's been 7 days since my haircut, so I decided to update. Maybe I measured incorrectly last time, but I keep getting 59 cm (I only got 59,5 once). Either I had a stall this week, or else it is because my hair was straightened, and I can't pull it down as far as the straightening iron can. I still think it have grown though.

Day 54 (19/9 2012)

- Shedding: More shedding than usual
- Length: 60 cm
- Thickness: 7,2 cm
- Comment: Sorry for the late update, I have had a lot of things going on the last few weeks, so I haven't really gotten around to measure. I have been shedding more than usual. It is still less than before I started the priorin, but I think it could be due all the stress. (I just moved out, so I suddenly have a lot more going on in my life) I am getting less shedding again, and funny enough, I am starting to relax more. But as some of you may already read, my thickness finally increased a little! Not much, but it still counts. As for length, I think I have been measuring wrong since my haircut. If 59 is true, I only gained 1 cm in the last month. But when I stretch my hair as I sometimes do, it is almost as long as when I stretched it before I cut it (I hope that makes sense). But, I am going to go with 60 as that is the closest result, in the name of sience. :)
Personally, I think I was really at 58 after the haircut, as my hair was straightened when I measured, and I think it was somehow more stretched than I can myself.

Humbug454
July 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Interested about this :)

Haven't heard of it before though, let me know how you get on!

akilina
July 27th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Interesting :0 Never heard of it either. You will definitely have to let us know how it works for you.
Ugh at first when I glanced quickly I thought the thread title was supposed to say "protein" And that someone had butchered the spelling of "protein". Not the case though! :D

DancingQueen
July 27th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Interesting :0 Never heard of it either. You will definitely have to let us know how it works for you.
Ugh at first when I glanced quickly I thought the thread title was supposed to say "protein" And that someone had butchered the spelling of "protein". Not the case though! :D

Ha ha, nope, no butchering here. :D I think it is originally a european product, but you can get it on ebay (if anyone is interested in trying it out).

I did a little more research after I started the thread, and it seems pretty much everyone love this product. I only read one review where she didn't get a result, and one who got a rash. So it seems like it actually works. :)

Humbug454
July 30th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Quite pricey it seems for 60 capsules, if we're supposed to take 3 a day it works out quite a lot.

How are you finding it so far? Any results?

DancingQueen
July 31st, 2012, 03:21 AM
Quite pricey it seems for 60 capsules, if we're supposed to take 3 a day it works out quite a lot.

How are you finding it so far? Any results?

It is a bit expensive (although I got one with 90 capsules, and the price is a little different where I live). But if it works for my hair, I am willing to pay the price. :)

So far, I have not had huge results. I think my shedding cut down a bit, but not much. But most of the reviews I read said they didn't notice results until two weeks taking the supplements, and the box says 3 months for a noticeable result. My hair does seem more shiny and manageable lately, but I don't know if that is because of the pills.

DancingQueen
August 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Wow, this is really crazy. Check out my update for day 6. I am still waiting to see results in thickness, but it does seem to speed up growth! :)

PrettyFit
August 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Wow, this is really crazy. Check out my update for day 6. I am still waiting to see results in thickness, but it does seem to speed up growth! :)

So how's it going? :D ...very interested!

DancingQueen
August 9th, 2012, 02:07 AM
So how's it going? :D ...very interested!

Just updated again (see day 13). :) I think it is working, at least I hope so. I think it is good results when I am only two weeks in.

SilverDoe
August 9th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Priorin is just extremely overpriced wheatgerm oil with some vitamin/mineral supplements.
You can purchase cold pressed wheatgerm oil & take a cheaper hair supplement for the same effect.
Wheatgerm oil is often used for skin conditions & dull coats in animals, should work the same way in humans.

Simone_Fatale
August 9th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Looks like it contains panthenol (B5 vitamin). I've been using panthenol creme on hair and scalp with very good results, so I guess this must be good, too.

Mayflower
August 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I used priorin a couple years back, for a few months at a time. It speeded up my growth like crazy, but I mainly took it to reduce the shedding I was getting from switching BC pills. I don't remember when the results kicked in exactly, but I really noticed a difference. Too bad it's so expensive, so I just take plain vitamin B if I feel I need it. :)

WinterDream
August 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Priorin is just extremely overpriced wheatgerm oil with some vitamin/mineral supplements.
You can purchase cold pressed wheatgerm oil & take a cheaper hair supplement for the same effect.
Wheatgerm oil is often used for skin conditions & dull coats in animals, should work the same way in humans.

Do you use the oil on your hair or take it by the spoonful?

SilverDoe
August 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Do you use the oil on your hair or take it by the spoonful?

I just put 1 tbsp into my morning porridge, or cooked food I can blend it in.
Be careful if you take other supplements with vitamin E, as 1 tbsp wheatgerm oil covers the whole intake.
Though it also works wonderfully as a pre wash treatment & skin oil. Often the base in pregnancy tummy/breast oils to prevent stretch marks.

WinterDream
August 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I just put 1 tbsp into my morning porridge, or cooked food I can blend it in.
Be careful if you take other supplements with vitamin E, as 1 tbsp wheatgerm oil covers the whole intake.
Though it also works wonderfully as a pre wash treatment & skin oil. Often the base in pregnancy tummy/breast oils to prevent stretch marks.

Very informative, thank you :blossom:

DancingQueen
August 10th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Well, either way it is the only thing that have ever helped my shedding cut down, so I am officially a fan :)

SilverDoe
August 10th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Well, either way it is the only thing that have ever helped my shedding cut down, so I am officially a fan :)

That's fine. It's just the price I find a bit insane when I have a huge bottle of wheatgerm oil already for my dog.
I like Panto-3 supplements myself. :p Also overpriced.

Humbug454
August 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Your results seem great!

Count me in on the experiment - I just ordered some :)

Even if it reduces shedding that will be great, seem to be shedding a lot at the moment and not too sure why!

DancingQueen
August 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Your results seem great!

Count me in on the experiment - I just ordered some :)

Even if it reduces shedding that will be great, seem to be shedding a lot at the moment and not too sure why!

Awsome, looking forward to hearing your results. I hope it works for you too. :)

cldunzie0215
August 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
to DancingQueen, omgosh..your results! to grow hair that fast, YES. if it thickens, evennnn better(: Just ordered some. reallly hope it works, cause i had to use some of the money i was plannign on buying back to school clothes with :/ really hope so! fingers crossed. :pray:

DancingQueen
August 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
to DancingQueen, omgosh..your results! to grow hair that fast, YES. if it thickens, evennnn better(: Just ordered some. reallly hope it works, cause i had to use some of the money i was plannign on buying back to school clothes with :/ really hope so! fingers crossed. :pray:

I know, it is crazy. I will cross my fingers, hope it works at least as well for you. :)

joflakes
August 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Ooh this looks interesting. *off to google*

DancingQueen
August 21st, 2012, 12:34 AM
So, any new results from other people? I am feeling a bit lonely in this experiment :)

xnibn
August 21st, 2012, 07:50 AM
started this yesterday, too early to say what it will or wont do ,so count me in the experiment

millyaulait
August 21st, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm going to add this into my vitamin regime when I next get my paycheck!

It'll be a few weeks but I'll keep an eye on this thread anyway, your results are great.

Thanks for the info. :)

Manzanilla
August 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm starting to take them as soon as I find somewhere to buy them :D I will post my progress and maybe I start taking pics to see the changes in my hair! :)

Manzanilla
August 24th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I have them!! Starting today, I'm not going to be able to post photos but I will let you let you know about my progress!

Anyone else?? :D

Iku-Turso
August 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I've used Priorin for two years now. I started taking Priorin when I discovered I was shedding a lot, and my ponytail was getting thinner.

For 3 months I took the recommended 3 capsules per day, and after that I've taken just one capsule daily.

My hair is in a much better condition now. Simultaneously with Priorin I have taken biotin (5mg/day) for two months' time, every now and then. I've also been careful to have lots of protein in my diet, so I've taken proteinshakes almost daily (yuck). So it is really hard to say if it was only Priorin, or was it all the things together that made my hair happy again. Nevertheless, I'm not ready to stop buying Priorin, not just yet.

Also, I really love the vanilla taste of the Priorin capsules... They almost beat my peppermint flavoured omega-3+calcium -capsules! :D

salisem
August 24th, 2012, 07:08 AM

What component of wheatgerm oil is beneficial for hair? I'm guessing it's the essential fatty acids, so couldn't we just use fish oil or any other good source of EFA's?

I'm sensitive to gluten, so wheatgerm oil is not an option for me. I was hoping the processing would result in a gluten free oil, but from what I read, that is not the case.

DancingQueen
August 27th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Nice to see more people joining the experiment. :) This week, I seem to have hit a stall in growth. I keep getting 59 cm, the same as I measured last time. But I think it might be because my hair was straightened last time I measured. I can't pull my hair as long as a straightener can. :) Either way, i think I will start measuring every 14 days or so. So far, it have grown at the same rate every time, so I might as well measure less often (then the first post won't get so long either). But I am glad to say my shedding is even more reduced, and I noticed some new growth yesterday, and it was pretty long. :D

I have them!! Starting today, I'm not going to be able to post photos but I will let you let you know about my progress!

Anyone else?? :D

Looking forward to hear your results :)

I've used Priorin for two years now. I started taking Priorin when I discovered I was shedding a lot, and my ponytail was getting thinner.

For 3 months I took the recommended 3 capsules per day, and after that I've taken just one capsule daily.

My hair is in a much better condition now. Simultaneously with Priorin I have taken biotin (5mg/day) for two months' time, every now and then. I've also been careful to have lots of protein in my diet, so I've taken proteinshakes almost daily (yuck). So it is really hard to say if it was only Priorin, or was it all the things together that made my hair happy again. Nevertheless, I'm not ready to stop buying Priorin, not just yet.

Also, I really love the vanilla taste of the Priorin capsules... They almost beat my peppermint flavoured omega-3+calcium -capsules! :D

I know, I love the scent of it :) I actually thought you were only supposed to take it for 6 months? Did you notice any side-effects for taking it so long? :)

Iku-Turso
August 28th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I actually thought you were only supposed to take it for 6 months? Did you notice any side-effects for taking it so long? :)

Nope, no side-effects at all, at least that I know of.

I checked my Priorin package and insert. It just says "you should use this product for 3-6 months to get the best results" and that you can start taking it again later if needed.
I also checked the website and found this "for the first 3-6 months take 2 capsules in the morning and 1 in the evening, then 1 capsule per day."

I just bought the biggest Priorin package Bayer has on sale here, containing 270 capsules, so that's already for 9 months' time if you take just one capsule per day like I do.

(Of course you always have to consider the strain you put on your kidneys, liver etc. when taking extra vitamins and supplements... I guess you never know how much work your body does daily to get rid of those excessive nutrients.)

DancingQueen
August 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ok, I am not going to measure length today, but I have really, really good news: My thickness increased!!!!!!

Okay, it is only 2 millimeter, but to me, that is a difference (and in the right direction too!) I just had to share the good news, it means it is actually working. I am crossing my fingers for even better future results. :)

Manzanilla
August 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Ok, I am not going to measure length today, but I have really, really good news: My thickness increased!!!!!!

Okay, it is only 2 millimeter, but to me, that is a difference (and in the right direction too!) I just had to share the good news, it means it is actually working. I am crossing my fingers for even better future results. :)

Wow! I'm happy for you! So far I have noticed a bit more growth than usual and my hair isn't falling out as much! :D

millyaulait
August 31st, 2012, 04:04 PM

That's great news! :D

I googled it & all I could find is that it's mostly just oli + millet + B5, so I'm skipping it for now.. But I'm keeping an eye on this thread for after I've finished my other experiments! :stirpot:

DancingQueen
September 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM
It seems like my mother decided to join the experiment. She says she is shedding a lot more, and the hair is getting thinner at the crown. I don't know if it will work on her, at it could be due to hair age, but I will try to keep you guys updatet. It won't be as often as my own, and I won't ask her to measure (she will refuse right away! :D ) But I will be crossing my fingers for her.

Any new results, or someone who wants to join? :)

xnibn
September 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
its been 3 weeks , i have noticed less shedding ,faster growth and my hair seems to be more conditioned,as in not dry I am hypothyroid and anemic ,so thats a big deal for me , also on a lot of medications for rheumatoid arthritis , all which cause hair loss , forgot to add I am also taking iron pills , right now it seems to help

rosance
September 17th, 2012, 01:04 AM
How has this been going for the rest of you? It is grabbing my interest :D

DancingQueen
September 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Yes, I would love to hear some more from you guys as well :) I will make an update tomorrow or the day after. But I am feeling a little lonely in this experiment. Any new people who want to join? :D

Lucky
September 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I might join in this since I've been dealing with some crazy shedding recently, I just seem to be pulling out handfuls of hair recently. I'm going to do some price comparison and I'll try to check in if I have any worthwhile results. Thanks for starting this thread!

DancingQueen
September 19th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Okay, a late update, sorry for the wait. :)

I think my hair has grown as much as before, if not more. I must have measured it the wrong way after the haircut. It looks almost as long as before I cut it.

I am shedding somewhat more than usual, although still a lot less than before Priorin. But I have had a lot going on in my life the last few weeks, and I am starting to get settled. And it is starting to cut down again.

But all in all, my hair have grown quite a bit more than usual. But more importantly, it is starting to gain thickness! Yay for that. :applause

Looking forward to hear from other people joining the challenge. :)

MORE
September 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi, I am joining in!:)

I ate Priorin for nine months (if I remember this right) last year, I then changed to Panto-3 because I just can't help myself in the health-store.:rolleyes:

My growth haven't been bad with Panto-3, but the results are nothing like when I ate Priorin! I remember the new growth just spurting out - it really did wonders for my thickness and I remember how moisturized it felt.

I started yesterday and am taking two pills a day. Hope I will get as good results as last time, I'm so excited!

Happy to be here!:toast:

Lucky
September 21st, 2012, 02:00 AM
I received my Priorin today, I plan on starting a regimen today. I'm not quite sure how many to take, though, in the instructions enclosed it says 2 capsules a day, but on their web site they recommend 2 in the morning and 1 at night.

How many is everyone else taking?

DancingQueen
September 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
I received my Priorin today, I plan on starting a regimen today. I'm not quite sure how many to take, though, in the instructions enclosed it says 2 capsules a day, but on their web site they recommend 2 in the morning and 1 at night.

How many is everyone else taking?

I am taking 3 per day, as my bottle reccomend that, and after 3 months, I will take just 1. I am of the opinion that you should always do what they recommend on the bottle, as that is probably the best way. If you take too many, it can be very unhealthy. Besides, I think they may make different kinds, so don't take 3 just because others does. :)

ETA: Oh, and welcome in the challenge :)

Lucky
September 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
I am taking 3 per day, as my bottle reccomend that, and after 3 months, I will take just 1. I am of the opinion that you should always do what they recommend on the bottle, as that is probably the best way. If you take too many, it can be very unhealthy. Besides, I think they may make different kinds, so don't take 3 just because others does. :)

ETA: Oh, and welcome in the challenge :)

Thanks Dancing Queen! Yeah, I kind of figured it best to stick to what's recommended on the bottle, so for now I'm taking 2 a day. I think there's one called Priorin, which is what I have, and another one called Priorin N, for which it is recommended to take 3 a day. I don't really know what the difference is, if any, but I'll just follow the instructions and see if I observe any difference in my shedding rate.

Cheers!

Lucky
January 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
FYI, for anyone who's interested, I have just ended a 3-month regimen, and I have to say I'm quite pleased. I can't say that my hair grew any faster, though I'm not really measuring right now, so who knows. But I will say that I have seen a dramatic decrease in my shedding, which is huge for me since I had been pulling out handfuls of hair every time I washed and/or combed it. I plan on continuing using it, I had no side effects from it and it seems to work for me, my hair looks shiny and healthy and I would say that the amount of hair I now shed is a normal amount, not the frightening amounts from before! Thanks, Dancing Queen, for introducing me to this product!

NoRush
January 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
I'm tempted.... so very tempted... :couch:

DancingQueen
July 19th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Long time no see. :)

So, I started to shed a lot of hair, so I am going to start taking priorin again. I think I got a slightly different version this time, so I am only going to take 2 pills per day (one in the morning, and one at night). I don't think I will be measuring this time, as it have already proven its worth. My main goal this time is to stop the shedding, but I will report back if there seem to be more growth as well. My thickness did improve the last time, so I hope it will again.

Happy growing everyone, hope someone else feel like joining me. :)

jacqueline101
July 19th, 2013, 06:13 AM
I've never heard of it do keep us up to date on it.