PDA

View Full Version : first month measurements!

nostalgic
August 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
looks like summer is a perfect time to start being neurotic about your hair: i did my one month measure in and i'm at 1 inch growth!!!! i'm now at 16 inches :rolleyes:.... maybe if this keeps up i'll be at apl in 6 months instead of a year.... and bsl before 2 years! *crosses fingers*

ammorgan
August 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
20 inches here for me. I thought it was longer than that.

nostalgic
August 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM
ammorgan: hate it when that happens!;)
(i spent a LOT of time at work today figuring out my average growth rate and how long it would take me to get to bsl then to waist; measuring and remeasuring just to make sure the tape measure wasn't lying to me :p)

BrianaFineHair
August 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know the numbers but my update picture is on my profile page. I saw a big difference between the hem line of my hair and the top hem of my shirt. Still not as fast growing as I'd like, but I'm not too patient.

Elainehali
August 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
hey looks like you're on your way.

If your lucky maybe you've been blessed with super-human growth.

sipnsun
August 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
That's great! You're hair grows really fast, you'll be at your first goal in no time!

nostalgic
August 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM
thanks guys! actually i think this is a freak summer thing.... i'm pretty sure my hair grows only a *little* faster than average.... i'm hoping i'm right about that :p

FrannyG
August 6th, 2008, 07:47 AM
You're off to a really good start! :happydance:

Garnet66
August 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats on getting such a great measurement. I hope it continues for you.

BrianaFineHair
August 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
looks like summer is a perfect time to start being neurotic about your hair: i did my one month measure in and i'm at 1 inch growth!!!! i'm now at 16 inches :rolleyes:.... maybe if this keeps up i'll be at apl in 6 months instead of a year.... and bsl before 2 years! *crosses fingers*

When you decided to grow out long, did you start when your hair looked like it does in your avatar? If so, I think that is an easy way to go, in my opinio. It's pretty much what I did. I used to have a Pixie, like the singer Pink. My hair dresser told me to get it close to one length but short (basically keep it nape short until it grows out as close to one length as possible and then let it go). I did that and it's been much easier compared to in the past with a bunch of layers that made it feel just *too* thin and fine; the layers never seems to catch up.

Good luck! :)

nostalgic
August 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
my avatar is basically where i started growing from: it's the same general cut i'd maintained up until my last haircut in january (the headband is really holding back sides that actually cover my ears). i actually haven't evened it out yet... i'm holding out as long as possible because i want that length:). the first time i grew my hair from a REALLY short pixie, i'd had it cut into a bob a couple of times to let the length catch up. this time i want to make it to bsl before i try to even it out.... i've still got a ton of layers and my hair does this weird flippy thing but i don't have a mullet :D... good enough for me!