PDA

View Full Version : 2 perm or not 2 perm

DinaAG
July 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
hello girls,
i have 2b hair shoulder length and i was considering perming it with chi quick smooth or chi transformation as they r ammonia and formaldehyde free, and damn i feel its such a big step and im so hesitated as i didnt ever do it before but i need 2 make it under control specially that i will start working soon, my current routine is:
1) wash it with johnson baby shampoo
2) put chi keratin mist as a protein source
3) moisturizing 100% natural cream
4) seal it with oil: emu oil product+coconut oil+jojoba oil
5) scalp massage
6) omega 3 pills
deeply need ur opinion specially if any one had experience with it before..million thanks :)

CurlyCurves
July 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Have you considered co-washing? Co-washing is washing your hair with conditioner, and not shampoo. Most conditioners contain mild surfactants, and can still clean your hair adequately. You may use shampoo once a week/month.

And air drying. Air dry without touching, and you'll enhance your waves :-)

DinaAG
July 26th, 2012, 06:05 PM
thnx dear 4 ur reply :) i do so dear co-washing and i always make it air dry only i use blow drier once every 2 months or so

rena
July 26th, 2012, 07:31 PM
^Everything CurlyCurves suggested^

If your looking to get more curl into your hair, you may want to avoid silocones in your hair-care products, especially your shampoo and conditioner. These ingredients usually end in "cone", "conol", or "xane". Don't misunderstand, silicones are not inherently bad for your hair, but they can flatten your waves/wurls quite a bit. Also, maybe you might consider scrunching your hair with gel?

DinaAG
July 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
hello Rena :) no i want 2 straight it permanently dear

rena
July 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oooh, sorry :o.

Then I guess in that case, I'm not much help. You might want to wait for more suggestions or advice from other members, but I encourage you to do what would work best for you. Best of luck ;).

DinaAG
July 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
thnxxx :)) xoxox

sakuraemily
July 27th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Perming can really damage hair.....

Raiscake
July 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM
If you really want straight hair, go for it! Might have to take a bit of upkeep if you have curly hair though. The roots are gonna show fairly quickly, especially if your hair grows fast. A lot of my co-workers permanently straighten their hair without problems. They never have to worry about their hair.

Angelus
July 27th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I am battling with the exactly same issue myself here!

I have once taken a japanese thermal straightening... I must say, I absolutely LOVED the results for the first 6 months. My hair felt silky smooth, healthy and best of all, pin straight! However, once my roots started being visible, it didn't look nearly as good. But I didn't worry, because I thought I'd just repeat the process every once in a while.

Somehow I ended up not doing it though, and now, 1½ years after the perm I'm really not sure what I should do. My hair has looked like crap for the last 8 months, because of the curly roots and the dry bleached straight ends. I suppose it wouldn't look as bad if I hadn't bleached a while ago. But nevertheless, now I'm facing the same hard question...To straighten and have awesome hair instantly, or to actually try to get over this awkward phase by growing my curls out. . .

Decisions, decisions....

DinaAG
July 28th, 2012, 10:55 AM
some people r saying that hair fall started after 4:6 months of perming, what a scary thing!

jojo
July 29th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't advice you perm and I'd drop the baby shampoo and use something gentler on your hair, it's not a good choice for adult hair!

jacqueline101
July 29th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I'd suggest an alternative to the perm as it has been said perms are damaging.