PDA

View Full Version : Color oops for lightening hair that's naturally blonde?

mommy2Bxo
July 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
So my natural hair color is a light/medium blonde and I've been dying my hair dark brown for about 2 years and it looked almost black, eventhough I have never actually dyed it black. I only touch up the roots now, so the rest of my hair has faded to more of a dark brown instead of black, but still some parts look black. I really want to lighten my hair because I'm tired of it so I was looking up safe ways to lighten hair while pregnant, because I am currently 6 months pregnant, and I came across this color oops stuff that is bleach and ammonia free, and it says it removes artificial color from hair. I looked at the reviews and some people said it worked great, and other's said it did not work so good. Most of the reviews say that it turns the hair a copper color or in some cases a brassy orange, but if you use an ash blonde hair color to dye over it then it will get rid of the orange tones. I was wondering if anyone has tried this product and if it worked well for them and if I should use it to lighten my hair.
Thank you !!:)

AmbrosiaDelaney
July 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Have you looked into Lemon Juice? It's better for your hair than Hair dye and, while it may dry out your hair a little, it's nothing a little Arran oil (or something) won't fix. Here's a link:

http://sweetscosmetics.com/lemon-juice-hair-dye/

Hope this helps!

Stellaaa
July 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I've used it twice in the past week or so, to remove old too-dark dye on my light/med brown+grey hair. My review would be mixed. It didn't remove all of the 2year old dark brown permenant dye in bottom foot of my hair but it did remove some. It removed most of the demi perm dye I've been using to cover roots. I was renengray-for-a-day.

It did leave my hair a bit gingery, most obvious in the bright sunlight. I dyed it (a couple days after the seconds Oops) with a "Dark Neutral Blonde". That totally got rid of the ginger and left my hair quite a boring sort of ashy light brown. I should have chosen a darker and more golden tone I think.

That being said, I'm not pregnant (no chance either). I know it doesn't have ammonia or peroxide but it does smell like h3ll's own sewage from the nasty reducing sulfur compounds that cause the dye molecules in your hair to shrivel and run away in shear horror*. Are you sure you want to subject your baby-in-waiting to that?

*ok, maybe it doesn't work exactly like that

mommy2Bxo
July 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I tried the lemon juice today and went in the sun and it didnt work :( maybe it takes a few more times to notice a difference?