PDA

View Full Version : Hair progress (Pic heavy)

CastaDiva
July 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello, Lhc:)

I just wanted to share some progress photos with you:)

PLEASE NOTE: The July 2012 photos are taken with my new camera which unfortunately doesn't take high quality photos. The colour of my hair is not how it looks in "normal" lighting conditions. The bun picture is most accurate hair colour wise. Also, I cannot guarantee that I kept my head completely straight at all times. I tried my hardest to focus on always looking straight ahead, but it may have slipped my mind, I can't say for sure. So if you spot any slight length differences, you know the reason, because I wouldn't try to make my hair look longer than it is on purpose by leaning my head backwards. Lengthwise, I'm somewhere around classic+ or upper to mid thigh, I think.

And now, the pictures:

Picture 1: My first length shot, sorry about the quality. It was taken in September 2010, and it looks like I was somewhere between hip and tailbone.

Picture 2: Taken June 2011.

Picture 3: Taken September 2011.

Picture 4: Taken November 2011

Pictures 5, 6 7 and 8: Taken July 2012. Picture 7 shows the waves from the bun, just gently combed out with my fingers. In picture 8 they are brushed out.

MegaMystery
July 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm refreshing this because i'm curious to see your progress :D

MegaMystery
July 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Lovely! Wonderful progress :)

DarkCurls
July 26th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Beautiful hair!

Shepherdess
July 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Wow, great progress and you have such lovely long hair! ! ! !:)

BrightEyes
July 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! It looks so silky and I love the color:)

CurlyCurves
July 26th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Oh WOW! Absolutely gorgeous :thud:

Tia2010
July 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Very pretty! :D

WaitingSoLong
July 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
How did you thicken your hemline AND grow to thigh so FAST???? :envy:

Is your hair all virgin color?

JUST STUNNING!

lapushka
July 26th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Amazing how you thickened up your hemline and grew to thigh. :)

akilina
July 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Awesome!! I can't believe how much your ends have thickened up!

SpinDance
July 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Wonderful, beautiful progress! Your hair is very beautiful.

Cowgirl16
July 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Wonderful progress and your hair is BEAUTIFUL :flower:

Kayla Nyx
July 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
wow!! amazing; your hemline looks awesome! cogratz on your progress!

ladylowtide
July 26th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Wow. just wow. I am totally jealous right now :p

CastaDiva
July 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
MegaMystery, DarkCurls, Shepherdess, BrightEyes, CurlyCurves, Tia2010, WaitingSoLong, lapushka, thank you so much for your comments:flower:

WaitingSoLong and lapushka; I don't know how my hair went from rather thin to fuller and from hip to upper thigh length in just 22 months. I am quite amazed myself. I haven't taken any photos since December 2011, and I took about 40 photos this week from all kinds of angles to make sure what I saw was for real. But since the first photo which was taken a few months after I discovered TLHC, I have been treating my hair carefully and I started using a lot of deep treatments and conditioners after I joined TLHC in November 2010. But what has really made a huge difference in the quality of my hair, is heavy oilings with evoo as an overnight treatment before every wash. Also, I hardly shed anymore.

Before I discovered TLHC I kept my hair in a clip at night. I am a very restless sleeper, so every morning my hair looked absolutely awful, halfway teared out of the clip and with two poofs of cotton candy like hair on each side of the head. Now, I am wearing what can be best described as a hair protecting head gear made up of cut off panty hose legs, my own invention. It looks ridiculous, but it protects my hair.

I started eating lots of eggs earlier this year, but my diet has always been poor, so I don't know...For about a year I have been taking a Super Food supplement, it contains a lot of healthy "green stuff" and Silica capsules. I also take omega 3. I trim a little now and then, the last one was in May.

In photo 3 and 4 I have applied a coney serum, in picture 5, 7 and 8, I have just used shampoo and conditioner. It is possible that the serum made the hair look thinner. But the hair HAS gotten thicker, too. I have felt it for a while, but not taken any notice of it until I saw the July photos. I measured my ponytail circumference in May, and it was 7 cm or 3.5".

Yes, my haircolour is all natural, but it is darker on top and a bit down the lengths. It sometimes bothers me, and I have been at three or four salons to ask if I should colour my hair, but the stylists have said that the colour difference looks natural and advice me against colouring, but I don't know...It usually lightens a bit during summer and I get natural highlights as well.

In the July 2012 photos, I had to find something to stand on in order to get as much hair and body as possible in the mirror. I have a door to my right, looks left in the photos, and the top of my head is above the door and in the shadow, while the rest of the hair is getting the light from outdoors. This adds to the natural colour difference, I guess.

vanillabones
July 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
BEAUTIFUL :O I love your bun!!

CastaDiva
July 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for your kind comments, akilina, SpinDance, Cowgirl16, Kayla Nyx, ladylowtide, vanillabones:flower:

sakuraemily
July 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
OK wow! that is some progress and you have very pretty hair!

PinkyCat
July 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Wow. I am just so inspired! :thudpile:

pepperminttea
July 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Beautiful! Add me to the folks in admiration of how you've managed to grow to thigh and thicken the ends - that's impressive to say the least!

Fabulosity
July 26th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Absolutely stunning! Congrats on the growth and the thicker hemline. Inspiring to say the least. :)

Neecola
July 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Wow! I must add my voice to the chorus: you have such beautiful hair and a lovely hemline. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

MrsGuther
July 26th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Nice growth!

CastaDiva
July 26th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Thank you, sakuraemily, PinkyCat, pepperminttea, Fabulosity, Neecola, MrsGuther for all your lovely comments and compliments:flower:

Lostsoule77
July 26th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm in with the camp of people who are astonished at your thickened hemline that has grown to thigh length! If you weren't trimming then perhaps your canopy hairs just caught up in the time period. Whatever happened you are one lucky girl. You hair looks beautiful! :)

Rocket22
July 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Wow you really did thicken up those ends... great progress pictures and gives people hope (well me hope) :)

lmfbs
July 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
What amazing progress! Beautiful, I hope you're very, very proud of your hair, because it's absolutely stunning.

owlathena
July 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Ooh pretty! :crush:

sugarpixie10988
July 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
That's some amazing progress, wow! It's so thick and pretty, and I really love your bun too.

amanda_the_tall
July 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
your hair is phenomenal! it gives me great encouragement to see a fellow fine hair to achieve such length, fantastic job! :D

Falcore
July 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Wow! CastaDiva, your hair is GORGEOUS!

Did you trim at all? It looks so thick and full compared to your first shot. What an amazing difference - Very inspirational. :)

KAggs
July 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! You can definitely see your hair thicken over time, especially near the hemline. :)

Elizabeth
July 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Your hair is beautiful and your pictures inspiring! Thank you for sharing them!

lunalocks
July 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM
WOW! Beautiful. Gives me hope I may hit classic in 3 years.

Madora
July 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Your hair is very beautiful, Casta Diva! Loved the bun too!

WaitingSoLong
July 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Casta..I have the same variations in color on my virgin hair (before I used the sun-in) which is WHY I used the sun-in, but I wish I hadn't now!

SongofLove
July 26th, 2012, 11:34 PM
OMG o___o

Lovely princess hair! So long and luxurious!

Rish
July 26th, 2012, 11:40 PM
amazing hair, I wish I had dead straight hair like yours!

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Thank you so much, Lostsoule77, Rocket22, lmfbs, owlathena, sugarpixie,10988, kitten91, Falcore, KAgss, Elizabeth, lunalocks, Madora, SongofLove, Rish, for your lovely comments and compliments:flower:

All of this wonderful feedback has really been a huge confidence boost for me. Again, thank you!

Falcore, I trim a little every few months, but only small amounts at a time. Sometimes I cut off a bit more, but no more than 2 cm, a little less than an inch:)

WaitingSoLong, I wish my color were more even, and I wouldn't mind coloring my hair ONE TIME if someone could GUARANTEE that ONE TIME ONLY would be enough to make the color look the same from root to tip forever...

Sarahlabyrinth
July 27th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Amazing wonderful hair - you must get so many comments when you wear it loose out and about - even for us LHCers its jaw droppingly beautiful and I love the colour so much too!

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Thank you for your wonderful comment, Sarahlabyrinth:flower:

I don't wear my hair down often, only a few times a year, but no one has ever complimented me on my hair in real life. That makes all of these compliments here on TLHC even more prescious and special to me.

Loreley
July 27th, 2012, 02:34 AM
You have gorgeous hair! :)

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Thank you, Loreley:flower:

WaitingSoLong
July 27th, 2012, 05:59 AM
WaitingSoLong, I wish my color were more even, and I wouldn't mind coloring my hair ONE TIME if someone could GUARANTEE that ONE TIME ONLY would be enough to make the color look the same from root to tip forever...

People always asked me if I dyed my hair and then looked at me in disbelief when I said NO because I had a permanent sort of hombre thing going on (and I have dark brown eyebrows and brown eyes). My nape hair stays darker because it never sees the sun and I have very light streaks that look completely salon-done and they are not. HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4967&pictureid=102091)is a good pic of this effect. Unfortunatley, these comments made me very self-conscious about my ever darkening hair (from the roots) and thus why I used the sun-in. I sort of liked the sun in, because it is not all over, only where you put it and you can control how much, but fake is fake and eventually it just didn't look right on my ruddy complexion and I went a bit too far one time and made it too light (bleachy). I used it only one summer and only on my roots/nape so in my length shots, only about 6 - 10" of hair below my virgin roots has the sun-in effect in it, so now I have tri-colored hair. I also have reddish streaks and I am not sure why?

Here is what made me feel better. Look at any long-blonde headed little girl. Her hair roots for the first 6" or so are DARK blonde and they lighten up, just like mine did. I started really scoping out the little kids because parents generally don't dye or highlight toddler's hair plus I know a lot of blonde little girls in my church so I know they were not having their little locks colored. They are all the same, darker roots, very light streaks like my pic above, and a lot of tone variation. They looked hombre, too!

It's just that most blonde adults mess with their natural color in some way, either with highlights or overall color to make it the shade they want, that we forget what natural blonde is supposed to look like!

DancingQueen
July 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing! How did you make it grow that fast? Share your secrets! :D It looks much healthier too.

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 06:58 AM
People always asked me if I dyed my hair and then looked at me in disbelief when I said NO because I had a permanent sort of hombre thing going on (and I have dark brown eyebrows and brown eyes). My nape hair stays darker because it never sees the sun and I have very light streaks that look completely salon-done and they are not. HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4967&pictureid=102091)is a good pic of this effect. Unfortunatley, these comments made me very self-conscious about my ever darkening hair (from the roots) and thus why I used the sun-in. I sort of liked the sun in, because it is not all over, only where you put it and you can control how much, but fake is fake and eventually it just didn't look right on my ruddy complexion and I went a bit too far one time and made it too light (bleachy). I used it only one summer and only on my roots/nape so in my length shots, only about 6 - 10" of hair below my virgin roots has the sun-in effect in it, so now I have tri-colored hair. I also have reddish streaks and I am not sure why?

Here is what made me feel better. Look at any long-blonde headed little girl. Her hair roots for the first 6" or so are DARK blonde and they lighten up, just like mine did. I started really scoping out the little kids because parents generally don't dye or highlight toddler's hair plus I know a lot of blonde little girls in my church so I know they were not having their little locks colored. They are all the same, darker roots, very light streaks like my pic above, and a lot of tone variation. They looked hombre, too!

It's just that most blonde adults mess with their natural color in some way, either with highlights or overall color to make it the shade they want, that we forget what natural blonde is supposed to look like!

Thank you for your post and picture, they made me see things in a different light.

Come to think of it, I have seen young children with these color differences too, but I guess I just thought that was how kids hair was supposed to look like, and never thought it looked anythyng but natural. Funny really, why I never thought the same natural hombre look is just as natural an ok on adults (it has just never crossed my mind for some reason), espescially root/length differences. And I agree with you, I have probably forgot how undyed blonde hair can look like. I think I will keep my "toddler look".

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing! How did you make it grow that fast? Share your secrets! :D It looks much healthier too.

Thank you so much, DancingQueen:flower:

No special secrets, I'm afraid. Just a lot of tlc and lhc:D

Tota
July 27th, 2012, 07:21 AM
You have amazing hair. I love everything about it. Besides being beautiful it also looks delicate and well taken cared of. You're such an inspiration and I hope you're aware of that.

whitedove
July 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM
CastaDiva, your hair is stunning and like others I cannot believe the thickness changes.

I think I have found my hair idol :thud:

Kizuna
July 27th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I have to repeart what the other people have all ready said; That's wonderful growth! It's just gotten thicker and thicker! I like your hair colour too! My hair is always darker at the top too, and now it's even more noticeable because I had highlights done a couple of years now (which is my ends atm). I think it's just natural, but we easily forget because so many bleach their hair to be all even.

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 07:50 AM
You have amazing hair. I love everything about it. Besides being beautiful it also looks delicate and well taken cared of. You're such an inspiration and I hope you're aware of that.

Thank you for your lovely comment and compliment, Tota:flower:
I would be thrilled if my progress can be an inspiration to others!

CastaDiva, your hair is stunning and like others I cannot believe the thickness changes.

I think I have found my hair idol :thud:

whitedove, thank you so much:flower:
Hair idol, oh my goodness, I'm really flattered:crush:

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I have to repeart what the other people have all ready said; That's wonderful growth! It's just gotten thicker and thicker! I like your hair colour too! My hair is always darker at the top too, and now it's even more noticeable because I had highlights done a couple of years now (which is my ends atm). I think it's just natural, but we easily forget because so many bleach their hair to be all even.

Thank you, Kizuna:flower:
I'm glad to hear that others have the same color differences as me. And you are so right, it's just natural and I'm beginning to embrace the difference now instead of not liking it that much...

PixxieStix
July 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I love seeing how great hair care can pay off with added thickness and length, thanks for being an inspiration!

jacqueline101
July 27th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Your hair is amazing.

Shiranshoku
July 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
:thudpile: Wow! You're hair is gorgeous! Amazing progress, too :)

MsBubbles
July 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Echoing what everybody else said about the thickening up! Great f/ii inspiration. Thanks!

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Thank you, PixxieStix, jacqueline101, Shiranshoku, MsBubbles:flower:

Amber_Maiden
July 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Such beautiful hair! Wow!

Colourful
July 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
What a nice progress. Congratulations and beautiful hair! :)

spidermom
July 27th, 2012, 11:11 AM
So pretty! Reminds me of WaitingSoLong's hair, too.

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thank you very much, Amber Maiden, Colourful, spidermom:flower:

WaitingSoLong
July 27th, 2012, 12:00 PM
So pretty! Reminds me of WaitingSoLong's hair, too.

I thought so, too, only thicker, longer, and a richer color!

Rosethorn
July 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Your ends are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

CastaDiva
July 27th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I thought so, too, only thicker, longer, and a richer color!

Wow, thanks!!:crush:

ETA: I should have included spidermom's post as well, but I forgot, sorry.

Your ends are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Thank you, Rosethorn, you're very kind:flower:

OUKess
July 28th, 2012, 12:04 AM
CastaDiva amazing hair!!! Very Impressive!!!.

thystle
July 28th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Amazing progress! Very inspirational regarding how good care can make a huge difference in how our hair looks. And that bun is awesome. :)

CastaDiva
July 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
CastaDiva amazing hair!!! Very Impressive!!!.

Thank you so much for your compliments, OUKess:flower:

Amazing progress! Very inspirational regarding how good care can make a huge difference in how our hair looks. And that bun is awesome. :)

Thank you, thystle:flower:

I have found a new catchprase regarding my progress that I think fits perfectly; a lot of tlc and lhc:)

I like the bun, too. I think it is called a rose bun or rope braid bun.