PDA

View Full Version : Just bleached my hair..

based goddess
July 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Bleached the ends twice at the salon to get them to the desired color- but now, it feels so dry, crunchy, and in need of nourishment.

I know I should use some protein treatments, but do you guys know what else I can do to make it healthier?

I'll likely never get it to how it was before, but still.

RedheadMistress
July 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
- In the future when you're going to bleach, put coconut oil where you're going to bleach, it helps me get Much less damage .

Also I usually follow up with an SMT and my hair feels amazing !

Pinkster8
July 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I would do an SMT and oil it heavily with coconut, olive, or mineral oil afterwards... Don't know if that's the best, but that's would I would do :) then maybe put it in a gentle protective style for a few days to keep it safe from mechanical damage while it's so vulnerable. Good luck! :)

mzBANGBANG
July 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I've been doing egg washes once a week and sleeping with V05 conditioner in my hair overnight, the overnight conditioning has seemed to help the most. Also I've been rinsing with cold water, found the warm/hot water was too harsh, as well as wearing my hair up in a damp top knot to work all day (protection) and taking it down for the evening (sexy!). I do all over highlights.

earthnut
July 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I'd do a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning. That'll help reconstruct the hair shaft.

Ditto to oiling with coconut oil before bleaching. I recently bleached my ends too and I have no discernible damage at all.

AlicesPlatforms
July 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'd say some kind of conditioning treatment. I use an organix deep conditioner (instant repair) once a week.

Shampoo your hair in warm water, and rinse the conditioner out in cold water! It will make your hair hold on to the conditioner better and it will close your cuticles.

Oh, and if you don't have a good spray in leave in, instacure by matrix is badass. ^^

I'd also think about trimming a little, depending on the level of damage.

Allychan
July 25th, 2012, 07:12 PM
- In the future when you're going to bleach, put coconut oil where you're going to bleach, it helps me get Much less damage .

Also I usually follow up with an SMT and my hair feels amazing !

I second this suggestion, all those in favour say "aye"!

OrganicJewel
July 25th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I'd do a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning. That'll help reconstruct the hair shaft.

Ditto to oiling with coconut oil before bleaching. I recently bleached my ends too and I have no discernible damage at all.

I agree with this :)

catamonica
July 25th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I put olive oil & conditioner on my ends for two minutes. Then rinse. It helps dry ends. I use a small bottle and put a capful of olive oil & conditoner in it.

justgreen
July 25th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I would sleep with an SMT treatment in my hair if it was me. I use 50/50 conditioner and honey on freshly washed damp hair. Apply the SMT, put a plastic cap on and go to bed. Rinse out the next day with warm water, followed by cool rinse.

jacqueline101
July 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I'd mineral oil your hair while damp wear it up and baby it until it gets healthy. Trim the ends so it grows out nice and healthy.

jojo
July 25th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I second this suggestion, all those in favour say "aye"!

AYE!!!!:cheese:

kallarina
July 26th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry for hijacking, but... How does one coconut oil properly prior to bleaching? My hairdresser warned me that overly oiled hair might affect how well the bleach works...

earthnut
July 26th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry for hijacking, but... How does one coconut oil properly prior to bleaching? My hairdresser warned me that overly oiled hair might affect how well the bleach works...

Nah you just saturate your hair with it. It might interfere with dyes, but it doesn't interfere with bleach or peroxide. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495