PDA

View Full Version : Bent ends?

kallarina
July 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I was trying to s&d today, and realized that I have a LOT of bent ends. When I run my fingers over them, they feel a bit rough right where the bend is. Does this mean they're damaged and need cut off? Is there any "cure" for these?

vanillabones
July 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I get the same, sometimes mine CURL... I assume mine are split ends... Eeek.

bunnylake
July 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
How ironic, I noticed the same thing this morning during my S&D. I snipped them just in case. I'm not sure what they are either!

Amber_Maiden
July 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Yes they are damaged.

kallarina
July 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I get the curl ones sometimes, too. They're a bit far up on some though... I hate to snip so far up.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I get these sometimes. I would not cut them. Maybe a real, but very very small all over trim would be good for you.
Give yourself a super nice deep treatment then see how you feel.

honeybunny_1996
July 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yes those are damaged ends. They're split but they're still holding on which is why you see them bend at a right angle

lmfbs
July 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sometimes I get bend ends that aren't damaged, they're just kinked a little from doing an updo when my hair was damp. They go away when I wash my hair. Have a really careful look at it - if it looks bent but not damaged, leave it. If it looks split or badly bent, snip it.

Tristania
July 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I have too many of those, and I just snip them off. Actually I snip off anything that looks "irregular", or in any way unhealthy.

lapushka
July 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Sometimes I get bend ends that aren't damaged, they're just kinked a little from doing an updo when my hair was damp. They go away when I wash my hair. Have a really careful look at it - if it looks bent but not damaged, leave it. If it looks split or badly bent, snip it.

I agree with this. ^^ I get these bends a lot! They're not damage by any means, just hairs that have been positioned wrong due to an updo of some sorts. If I didn't leave these alone, I'd be bald by now. ;)

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yes they are damaged.
i get many many of these kinked more right angle hairs, right at the ends, but they arent split. i wash my hair and theyre gone and my hair isnt all split and damaged, it feels soft. they come from my hair being up in a bun.
So what's the big difference between tha actual damaged split ended right angles and the kinked right angles from updos?
is there like an actual white dot on them when theyre damaged?

Vivalagina
July 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
If it's making a sharp right turn, then it gets snipped. If I don't they tangle with hairs around it and cause more problems.

MiamiPineapple
July 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
No cure all you can do is cut them off. They are usually from chemical damage in my experiance.

ManeSqueeze
July 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM
My hair is super easy to get stuck in bends, especially if my ends wrap around my bun a little tight or they get caught in my hair ribbon holding my braid. To figure out if they've split I just hold it up to the light, straighten out the hair, and lightly push the piece together. If it opens (so it looks like the eye in a needle) I know that it's broken and I snip it. If it doesn't (and there's no split hairs around it) I don't snip.

Does anyone else get these "needle eye" splits?

Falcore
July 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I snip mine off - they annoy the heck out of me. I think if it feels rough where it's bent then, yes it's damaged.

Audrey Horne
July 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I agree with this. ^^ I get these bends a lot! They're not damage by any means, just hairs that have been positioned wrong due to an updo of some sorts. If I didn't leave these alone, I'd be bald by now. ;)
this!
They're actually not split so why cut them... I've noticed that they just don't get split, so I wouldn't call them damaged either! Buns can result in this kind of ends. Btw, I think I made a similar thread when I just joined LHC :D

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2012, 09:28 PM
this!
They're actually not split so why cut them... I've noticed that they just don't get split, so I wouldn't call them damaged either! Buns can result in this kind of ends. Btw, I think I made a similar thread when I just joined LHC :D
yup yup! alrite got it thank you :D i only get them from buns so its just the positioning.

kallarina
July 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I think mine are probably damage. They feel rough where they're bent, so it doesn't seem to be from bad updo positioning. I probably just need an actual trim. Oh well.