PDA

View Full Version : I need to stop trying to make "Organix" work for me.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Anyone else have this problem?

It seems that time after time, I always try to use Organix products, expecting it to be better than the last time, with FAIL. Every time.

Over the last 3 years I have tried almost all of their shampoo and conditioner. I have used the coconut one, brazilian keratin one, argan oil one, ginger awahpuhi, macadamia oil one (the newest I got two days ago), the cherry blossom one, something avocado, and I know there are a few I can not think of.

Its like- what am I thinking? Every time I expect a different one to magically work for me and they never do. They leave my hair feeling tangled, unmanageable, and not even soft.

The only "organix" that has worked for me is the argan oil lotion. Also, the shampoo doesn't do so badly for me, but the conditioners (the only thing I really care about) are horrendous for me.

Did you know Organix has a whole entire body care line in every scent? I think it sounds super sensual. I wish they would come out with some body sprays.
I went to bed bath and beyond and apparently they have a whole new cosmetic and body care section.
It smells as good as the shampoos but actually works for me. I have only tried the lotion but they have scrubs, body masks, and body cremes.
Also, I got a little tiny sample of the awapuhi ginger serum. It is solid cones. No wonder it worked for me.

Anyone have success with Organix?

Amber_Maiden
July 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Never had any success with it either.

pink.sara
July 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Short answer is no! I'm a bit coconut obsessed, I even use coconut oil as a perfume so I reapply wanted it to be amazing as it smells so good... Tangled hair that built up fast.

And their body wash made me sun sensitive and I broke out in hives. Never again!

Arashi
July 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Organix didn't work for me either. The shampoo was alright I guess, not disastrous results but nothing special either, and the conditioner (I'm not sure why I even tried it since the kind I had, had cones, which aren't my friends) didn't do anything for my hair.

I didn't even find the scents worthwhile, most of them just smelled like generic conditioner scent to me. :shrug:

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Ugh, seems it does not work for anyone!!

You know that is a weird thing that happened, Pink.Sara
I put some of the lotion on my skin and I was out in the sun for about an hour and the sun really hurt me. I can sit in the sun for hours with this NOT happening but not that time..now I wonder if I can blame the lotion.

Now that I think about it, even after I wash with the shampoo I feel like there is already a build up on my head right away.

I will take this as a lesson and not ever waste more money, no matter how good I think it smells.
I have been kind of desperate lately to find something that works for me, and I can't seem to find anything.

At least the conditioner works for me if I add a little into my modified SMTs I like to do :]

Carolyn
July 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
A couple years ago someone has posted high praise for Organix. Maybe you can search out the posts. I'm too lazy to do it for you. Because of that thread I bought 2 flavors, both the S & C. IIRC one set was in white bottles and the other set was green. I tried them 3 or 4 times with very meh disappointing results. Not too long ago I was cleaning out a self in my bathroom and came across them. I asked a friend if she would like them and she said yes. I don't know if she liked them but she's not picky about what she uses. I've sniffed Organix in the store and they all smell pretty nice but I'm not going to try them again.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
A couple years ago someone has posted high praise for Organix. May you can search out the posts. I'm too lazy to do it for you. Because of that thread I bought 2 flavors, both the S & C. IIRC one set was in white bottles and the other set was green. I tried them 3 or 4 times with very meh disappointing results. Not too long ago I was cleaning out a self in my bathroom and came across them. I asked a friend if she would like them and she said yes. I don't know if she liked them but she's not picky about what she uses. I've sniffed Organix in the store and they all smell pretty nice but I'm not going to try them again.

I have seen organix posts here and there over the years :P
What is weird is that my mom got the teatree and mint one and she absolutely loved it. I was sort of envious that it actually worked for her!
I love having friends to pawn off products we don't like onto. It makes me happy that they love them and that it went to good use. :)

ratgirldjh
July 25th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Some people aren't as 'hair obsessed' as 'us'... lol (no offense anyone :D)

A friend of mine can use pretty much any shampoo and conditioner and be extremely happy with it if she likes the smell.

Evidently these people don't see the little things that make us think these products fail.

I know for a fact that every time my friend uses a certain nice smelling shampoo and conditioner that she loses a TON of hair and has to comb over a waste paper basket!!! To me this would be a negative and I would cringe at the thought of using it again.

To her she just gets used to it... and says she love it ;)

My hair and me are very picky too. I totally understand.

And to your question - I've never tried these because the coconut ones had protein and i know my hair doesn't like protein.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Some people aren't as 'hair obsessed' as 'us'... lol (no offense anyone :D)

A friend of mine can use pretty much any shampoo and conditioner and be extremely happy with it if she likes the smell.

Evidently these people don't see the little things that make us think these products fail.

I know for a fact that every time my friend uses a certain nice smelling shampoo and conditioner that she loses a TON of hair and has to comb over a waste paper basket!!! To me this would be a negative and I would cringe at the thought of using it again.

To her she just gets used to it... and says she love it ;)

My hair and me are very picky too. I totally understand.

And to your question - I've never tried these because the coconut ones had protein and i know my hair doesn't like protein.
I hate that! They can use anything and be totally good with it :P

Honestly, I like that we are all pretty damn knowledged on products and natural hair care approaches. Most people have NO idea where to even start, will NEVER look at the ingredients of a product, and do not even really care. I hate to see these people get blinded by products and their claims with words like "hair growth" and "strength" and "moisture" and "repairing" and then they end up doing things like having a chemical cut from too much protein, or nasty waxy buildup then they don't know what to do at all, or too harsh chemicals and end up with dry brittle hair.

I am glad I have you guys to understand! I am a hairdresser and occasionally I try to spread the word to clients about more natural hair care and many of them are very intrigued, yet horrified.
Many are shocked that god forbid I would use henna on my hair, or use natural OILS in my hair. How gross!!! shudder:

Sweet_Decadence
July 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
While I was stepping away from SLS etc one of the 1st product ranges I tried was organix, loved it then but now I just think its way to harsh on my hair and leaves it feeling nasty and unmanagable. I'm now in a commited relation ship with Naked products.

AlicesPlatforms
July 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I use their instant repair deep conditioner, and it works pretty well. Their coconut milk leave in is pretty good too, when I'm having a really bad hair day. I dunno, I haven't tried their shampoos or regular conditioners though.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I use their instant repair deep conditioner, and it works pretty well. Their coconut milk leave in is pretty good too, when I'm having a really bad hair day. I dunno, I haven't tried their shampoos or regular conditioners though.
I haven't tried any of their other stuff for hair care. I wonder if they would work for me. Stuff like their leave ins, and deep treatments.

Anywhere
July 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I have the coconut conditioner by them. It's alright, but most of the time my hair feels coated after my wash, almost waxy? and it tangles a bit more.

bunnylake
July 25th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I used Organix for like two years and generally I really liked it. Some I liked more than others. Right now I'm trying different products though so I'm not using it anymore... but my fiance loves it.

akilina
July 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I have the coconut conditioner by them. It's alright, but most of the time my hair feels coated after my wash, almost waxy? and it tangles a bit more.
Bummer. That is exactly how the shampoo makes me feel. I currently have of Organix: one bottle of shampoo that is pretty new in my shower, and a full only used once bottle of macadamia conditioner, and a few uses left of a awapuhi ginger conditioner. I simply have to use them up either way so I just use them every few days since I am trying to use up all my stuff. Atleast I can put the conditioners in my home made DTs

minxe
July 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I haven't tried any of their other stuff for hair care. I wonder if they would work for me. Stuff like their leave ins, and deep treatments.

I tried their argan oil deep treatment and it completely wrecked my hair after just one use.

prettykitty
July 26th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Not a fan at all.

vamq
July 26th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I have the shea butter conditioner and found that it works for me during the summer (specially after swimming in the pool or going to the beach) but absolutely not during the winter.

How weird is that?

Tristania
July 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I find their shampoos to be a tad drying if I don't dilute them first, but their conditioners work really well for me. My favorite is the Argan Oil conditioner. It smells awesome and makes my hair soft, smooth, and manageable.

Catia
July 26th, 2012, 07:42 AM
My husband (who goes to his "happy place" and glazes over anytime I mention hair) bought the Organix Coconut 'poo and conditioner, then only used it once.

He's a complete tight-wad, but he never touched the stuff again. That speaks volumes...

He has shoulder length F/i hair.

Tia2010
July 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Organix has never worked for me.

The first one I tried was the coconut... complete failure.
Then onto the Argan duo...another failure
Cherry blossom...failure #3
Then onto Shea Butter...you guessed it.

Now I find myself eyeing the Macadamia Nut when I'm shopping... I know it's not going to work but still...I reach for it and read it thinking...maybe?! When will I learn :brickwall

At least I have sons and a dh that can use just about anything on their hair, so it doesn't go to waste.

Lady Neeva
July 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My mother loved Organix, and so did I. (At the very least, it was the conditioner)

akilina
July 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, It seems it doesn't work for anyone!! I wonder what exactly it is in the product that makes it not work.
Anyone have any ideas on this??

Lady Neeva
July 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Let's break it down...shall we? http://www.epinions.com/review/Organix_Shampoo_Cocunut_Milk_Nourishing_13_oz/content_466707254916?sb=1

spidermom
July 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I guess I'm not all that picky. I bought the Cherry Ginseng on sale, and I'm not impressed enough to buy it again, but I'm not so disappointed that I won't use it.

akilina
July 27th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Let's break it down...shall we? http://www.epinions.com/review/Organix_Shampoo_Cocunut_Milk_Nourishing_13_oz/content_466707254916?sb=1
Wow!!! Thank you!!
I am not all freakish about being strict about products that have harmful things in them but the descriptions do not make it sound very good. Especially mention of formaldehyde.
At the same time I still have a whole bottle left of shampoo/conditioner. Not sure who i could pawn it off onto.

palaeoqueen
July 28th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Well I love their products. I can't use the coconut one because my hair hates protein, I love the others I've tried though and plan to try more. I've seen a lot of praise for them on these forums too.

Maelyssa
August 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Yes! I have this same issue and get really mad with myself for continuing to try something over and over again that just doesn't work. It seems to give me severe buildup on the scalp..no matter what. So frustrating because in theory they seem great.

lilliemer
August 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
I haven't had good luck with these products either and have totally given up on this brand. They do such a good job of tempting you into buying them with all the yummy scents though. Good smell does not equal good hair results, unfortunately.

Picotee
August 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM
A few years ago I tried the Coconut shampoo, conditioner and some kind of foam-mousse. I remember getting really excited when I saw it at the drugstore, I loved the smell and wanted them to work so badly but I didn't find it moisturizing enough and I got itchy and flaky despite being sulfate-free. The foam stuff did nothing for me besides give me a layer of build-up which mousse usually does anyhow. I thought maybe the egg white protein would give some volume.
I will say I got them free after rebate so no harm done.

Oh, then like 2 yrs. later I got the bright idea to get the Cherry Blossom shampoo because my deluded mind made me think this shampoo would somehow complete my life. That dried me out a bit and the scent was cloying; I passed it on to my mom who isn't so picky about shampoo. So no, Organix didn't exactly blow my mind.

jlb
August 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
I've been using the coconut serum without any issues. I love the way it smells but I also don't know that it works any better or worse than the biosilk I usually use. I suppose i'll make that decision whenever I run out.

akilina
August 1st, 2012, 11:24 PM
I've been using the coconut serum without any issues. I love the way it smells but I also don't know that it works any better or worse than the biosilk I usually use. I suppose i'll make that decision whenever I run out.
I like biosilk too :) although, I have had the same bottle for probably 4 or 5 years. Luckily it still smells amazing. I never really ever use it due to the drying properties and alcohols it has.