PDA

View Full Version : Henna on the wall :/

salamander
July 23rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Has anyone successfully gotten henna marks off a painted wall? *sigh* Lived in this apartment for a year without staining anything, then I turn a wall orange the week before I move out. Any tips for getting it off? Or at least making it less noticeable?

longNred
July 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Maybe a mr. Clean magic eraser?

Tisiloves
July 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Bleach?

Aternatively get a paint sample in the right colour and just paint over.

akuamoonmaui
July 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
:popcorn: I'll be watching this thread.

I have henna on the ceiling (blender incident).

Amber_Maiden
July 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Magic Eraser by mr.clean. IT WORKS!

salamander
July 23rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hm, I tried a Magic Eraser and it helped a bit, but didn't totally fix it. Maybe I just need to keep at it for longer?

akilina
July 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Geez...that is just typical of something that would happen right when you are trying to bail!!
I did the same thing. I just scrubbed it with a wet wash rag and it came off.
For future reference I just make sure if any does get on the wall from my hands or me bumping into something I just wipe it while it is still wet.

Slightly off topic...but I never understood the "messiness/drippiness" of henna. I have never had any issues. Maybe it helps that I am professionally skilled in applying color to heads so it is easier for me? I just don't know. It seems I got so many warnings of how henna is so impossibly messy and a big hassle but I never experienced that.

akilina
July 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Or...could you match the color with some kind of paint and just do a tiny little touch up?

Tisiloves
July 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Geez...that is just typical of something that would happen right when you are trying to bail!!
I did the same thing. I just scrubbed it with a wet wash rag and it came off.
For future reference I just make sure if any does get on the wall from my hands or me bumping into something I just wipe it while it is still wet.

Slightly off topic...but I never understood the "messiness/drippiness" of henna. I have never had any issues. Maybe it helps that I am professionally skilled in applying color to heads so it is easier for me? I just don't know. It seems I got so many warnings of how henna is so impossibly messy and a big hassle but I never experienced that.

I think it's partially the consistancy you mix it to and partially your skill (I never had any trouble but I've been diy dying for a decade, including some fancy bleach work).

salamander
July 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Well, in my case it's because I'd had a glass of wine beforehand. Lesson learned, folks, don't drink and henna!

akilina
July 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Well, in my case it's because I'd had a glass of wine beforehand. Lesson learned, folks, don't drink and henna!
Oh dear goddess hhaha I must be bad. Mostly all "at home hair" I do there is plenty of drinking and other things before hand :P

salamander
July 23rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm sure I've done it successfully with a glass of wine in me before, but it definitely increases the odds of mishaps!