PDA

View Full Version : Dries a bit frizzy?

joyfulheart18
July 23rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
I usually let my wet hair air dry then when it's half dry half damp I often put it in a braid and let it dry there. I have, however, noticed that if I let my hair air dry down completely, there is a halo of frizz around the back of it and some of my hair looks fluffy and frizzy, some doesn't. However, when I put it in a braid and it dries there, I don't have this. Could this be a lack of moisture (should I be leaving in more conditioner) or something else entirely?

Hollyfire3
July 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Wn you braid damp hair, it contains the hair so it dries smoother. Normally, freshly washed hair is a bit umm..bigger than 2nd day hair. Maybe try adding more moisture by leaving in some of your normal conditioner (just a small amount) this really rediuces frizz for me.

Madora
July 23rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joyfulheart18, you might want to look into using a tiny bit of mineral oil to tame those frizzies:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

After shampooing, my very short hairs are every where but I noticed using a few drops of MO helped calm 'em down. MO is very lightweight and doesn't weigh your hair down. Leaves your tresses soft and shiny. It's also a great detangler.