PDA

View Full Version : I finally have the super long, thick hair I've always wanted...

Pandora.
July 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
...with clip in extensions! :P

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/mazza_pants/photo10.jpg

I got these from Foxy Locks Extensions (the owner has her own youtube channel and is pretty well known) in bleach blonde and they match great with my natural hair. My hair is already quite long so blending them in was easier and you can't see where my natural hair is, thankfully.

Not sure if I'll get a load of "YOU'RE DAMAGING YOUR HAIR BY WEARING THEM!" comments, but I don't wear these everyday...maybe 2-3 times a week at most (at the moment anyways). Plus I've heard time after time that only if the clips are secure and you're careful with clip ins, they won't snag and pull out your real hair.

Cowgirl16
July 23rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
They look really good on you! :) I don't know about damage I've never worn them but, I think you should do what makes you happy!

millyaulait
July 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Do whatever makes you happy, Pandora... :)

Please do just beware of the damage, whether that is important to you or not, I don't know.

I used very HQ clip-ins & even though I was exceptionally careful with them they still left damage behind.

I think just the weight alone on the hair is an issue.

Not preaching or anything - I'd just hate to be growing my hair & damage it in the process. :)

Kyla
July 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Congrats on your new hair. :) I would be wary of damage, but it sounds like you're being careful. As long as you're happy with your hair, that's what matters here.

Pandora.
July 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
I definitely feel much more confident about myself with the extensions :)

How exactly did they damage your hair? Just wondering.

catamonica
July 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
The hair looks great. Your only using clip ins. Lindsey Logan is going bald. Because they are at the top of her head. What matters is if your happy.

Hollyfire3
July 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I definitely feel much more confident about myself with the extensions :)

How exactly did they damage your hair? Just wondering.

The clips can pull and tug on hair, resulting in it being pulled out or frayed by the clips shredding it. For reference, I used to use those big barretes to clip my bangs back and got a nice 1 inch section sliced to about 3 inches from the top of my head from them. I mean, just be careful.

Pandora.
July 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
I literally only clip a few clips towards the bottom of my hair, and the clips have silicone inserts which make them grip onto your hair securely all day and don't feel too heavy on my head :) they really are a great buy if you're wanting some good hair extensions for now and then.

The last thing I want is to completely destroy my hair with these things, but I'm thinking that the damage would probably be minimal if cared for. I pretty much wear hair grips and clips and the likes everyday. I don't plan on wearing them all my life, just until my real hair reaches my goal thickness/length.

I'm not trying to defend extensions or anything :P I'm aware that constantly ramming them into my hair is going to ruin my hair.

pink.sara
July 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
That's a great colour match :)

I used clip ins for aaaages without damage. But then I never did the backcombing, spraying the roots with hairspray thing.

As long as your clips have the little rubber bumpers on them and you don't pull them out I'm sure you'll be ok.

Xandergrammy
July 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
You're young. Enjoy them with no worries.

BrightEyes
July 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
They look great on you:) I've been thinking that when my hair is longer I will try out clip in extenstions to add thickness to my hair. I want to try either these or the Glam Time brand. Seeing your picture actually makes me excited to try them on myself one day (hope that doesn't sound creepy lol). Your hair is very pretty.

lundmir
July 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Oh you look great, that is such an awesome match. I'm glad you're happy with them!

As for damage, as long as you're not backcombing and using hairspray to put them in, and try to vary where you clip them, you should significantly cut back on any damage risks. I made some myself with hair and clips I got, and I haven't had any damage from them. Enjoy!

Pandora.
July 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I never backcomb my hair I barely use hairspray (it just makes my hair feel gross). The extensions I own have the rubber band on it to stop it from slipping out of my hair which is good :) it's funny how the people who have had experience with clip ins are always the ones who say they won't cause damage (unless they used rubbish quality clips). They can't be as half as damaging as heat styling, bleaching, dying, etc! I still won't wear them daily purely because I can't be bothered to, but I shall wear them fairly regularly since I love them soooo much - best thing I've purchased in a long time! :)