PDA

View Full Version : Curly Victory!!!

DaniVerde
July 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Yay! I'm soooo happy about this! :D

In case you don't know, I'm growing out from using relaxers for years, and am trying to get some length before I chop off the straight ends.

Today, after washing my hair, I saw that...part of my hair is now long enough to make one entire revolution!! :joy::happydance:

Here's a picture: (Please ignore the straight end and my frizz :p )

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg24/scaled.php?server=24&filename=img0465ch.jpg&res=landing

DarkCurls
July 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
That's great! :) I love the difference between the relaxed end and the curly root. You look like you're going to have gorgeous curls.

SpinDance
July 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Yay Curls! :) I bet your hair is going to be stunning with all those beautiful curls.

DaniVerde
July 23rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
That's great! :) I love the difference between the relaxed end and the curly root. You look like you're going to have gorgeous curls.

I think the difference is kinda neat, too...but the straight ends "pull" down on the curly roots, giving me looser waves and lots of frizz..kinda looking forward to the chop :p

Yay Curls! :) I bet your hair is going to be stunning with all those beautiful curls.

Thank you! I hope so, too :)

Alvrodul
July 23rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Oooh, curls! I love curls, and have always wanted them - and yours look like they are going to be lovely! :D

Kwantslonghair
July 23rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Yay for curls. I love the variations in color of your hair. Very pretty!!!

Tisiloves
July 23rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yay! Since I have accepted that my hair will never hold curls I just stick to cheerleading all the curlies :cheer:

Hollyfire3
July 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Oh that curl is SO beautiful! Your hair shall be gorgeous once grown out! I wish you the best of luck!

jeanniet
July 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I'm glad to see your curls are coming along so nicely! ;) You could try doing a slight trim of the ends to give the curl a little more lift--I usually do 1/4" microtrims every month, and it really doesn't make that much of a difference to growth rate.

lapushka
July 23rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Gorgeous! No wonder you're so happy with this. :D It's going to look absolutely beautiful once you get rid of the straight ends.

CurlyCurves
July 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
My dear, those curls are going to absolutely gorgeous :love:

Tigermama
July 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
So cool! I love seeing how much it's grown. It looks beautiful!

holothuroidea
July 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hooray!!! :joy: Well hello, curly curl, nice to meet you. :D

Aren't these kinds of milestones just the best?

Your hair color is so pretty, too.

That hair is going to be fantastic. Treat these new curls super nice, they are going to be your ends some day.

honeybunny_1996
July 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Those curls look gorgeous :) and i bet they'll look even more lovely as you grow out your hair. Congratulations

meishkamooshka
July 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
Oh my gosh! You are going to have a great head of curls!!! So jealous! I'm happy for you! :cheer:

spirals
July 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
It's so cute! If you are a 3a it will get curlier as it gets longer. I like how loopy it is.

MrsGuther
July 23rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations on all that natural curly beautiful growth!

DaniVerde
July 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Thank you so much for the compliments, Alvrodul, Tisiloves, lapushka, Hollyfire, TigerMama, Honeybunny, meishkamooshka, and MrsGuther! You all have made my day! :)

Yay for curls. I love the variations in color of your hair. Very pretty!!!

Thank you! I'm a bottle blonde, but my hairstylist is seriously talented..he deserves all the credit! :)

I'm glad to see your curls are coming along so nicely! You could try doing a slight trim of the ends to give the curl a little more lift--I usually do 1/4" microtrims every month, and it really doesn't make that much of a difference to growth rate.

Thank you, jeanniet! :) I think I may do that..I'll pick up some hair scissors on my next excursion. I'm just a bit nervous to do self trimming, but what the hey..you never know until you try ;)

My dear, those curls are going to absolutely gorgeous :love:

Coming from you, that means soooo much! :)

Hooray!!! :joy: Well hello, curly curl, nice to meet you.

Aren't these kinds of milestones just the best?

Your hair color is so pretty, too.

That hair is going to be fantastic. Treat these new curls super nice, they are going to be your ends some day.

My curl says hello back :) The color, as I said to Kwantslonghair, is courtesy of my stylist, but I love it.

This milestone means so much to me, I was nearly bouncing like a kangaroo in the bathroom when I saw it, and then went running to show SO, who insisted I take a picture to show the "Long Hair People on the Internet" :p

It's so cute! If you are a 3a it will get curlier as it gets longer. I like how loopy it is.

Thank you! I'm kinda guessing on the 3a classification, honestly.

My hair was long for all of my pre-teen time, but it was a frizzy disaster, and then as soon as I got old enough, I started relaxing. Then came the great chop. I grew out to chin once without a relaxer, then immediately went back, since it was a frizz ball.

But my mom has always said that when I was little she had to "pick" my hair with a rat-tail comb cause nothing else would work.

So I think somewhere in the low 3's is a suitable guess ;)