PDA

View Full Version : Double lazy wrap

Kaelee
July 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
It started to fall apart a minute later...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001-41.jpg

What am I doing right? Wrong? Every time I get a style that will hold, it's painfully tight in one area or another and I have to take it down. :(

I'm afraid I'm going to shred my hair practicing these styles. :(

IndigoOptimist
July 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
That is awesome!! I could never do that with my hair because of the thickness, or lack there of :p
I've just started doing updos properly with sticks and forks (my hair finally got long enough to hold them) and I'm having the same problem. Although I'm also having problems coping any kind of style too haha! I'm just assuming that it will all get better with practice and that at some point my styles will hold without pulling on one clump or another of my hair :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
I think it's just that you need to practice. And it will become easier as your hair gets longer.

I tell myself the same thing.

ariesfairies
July 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
How are you threading the stick through your hair? There's gonna be parts of hair with a lot of give left (especially towards the end of your hair wrap) that you'll need to make sure is secured by the stick. It may even mean threading the stick at a totally different angle to accommodate this... That was the answer to my problem anyway :P At APL you should definitely have enough length for small buns to hold I'd think!

jojo
July 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
The tightness will solve it self out as you get longer, but you could always secure it with U shaped pins and then put the stick in after to secure further.

Make sure when putting sticks or pins in to face the stick or pin to the bun first and then twist is away, hope that makes sense!

Your buns look very pretty all the same!

Kaelee
July 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
The tightness will solve it self out as you get longer, but you could always secure it with U shaped pins and then put the stick in after to secure further.

Make sure when putting sticks or pins in to face the stick or pin to the bun first and then twist is away, hope that makes sense!

Your buns look very pretty all the same!

Thanks! Now only if they would stay up without hurting!

I think I need to put the sticks away for a little, my scalp is sore and I'm seriously afraid of breaking hair trying this so much.

Ocelan
July 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Lazy wrap bun is my go to style and even though I have longer hair than you, I have a lot of layers which need to be tucked in. I can secure my LWB with a stick also, but it holds much better with a two prong fork so I would try what jojo said. Maybe a flexi-8 or something similar could hold well too, but I don't have any that I could try with. Also try different ways of threading the sticks through the hair, trying to secure as many points of the bun to the scalp. But like others have said, once your hair gets longer, it will be easier.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 24th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Kaelee, have you tried doing a pencil bun? I have just discovered that I can get one to stay in quite comfortably.