PDA

View Full Version : Static

sunflower_daze
July 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
What helps keep static at bay? Making sure the strands are moisturized or oiled? Hydrating the whole body? Tell me about why plastic combs are not as good as wooden or horn combs. I've ordered a wooden comb and am excited to get it. I still brush my hair because it feels nice. Since I've been reading here I've lightly added coconut oil to my ends every night.

Madora
July 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
What helps keep static at bay? Making sure the strands are moisturized or oiled? Hydrating the whole body? Tell me about why plastic combs are not as good as wooden or horn combs. I've ordered a wooden comb and am excited to get it. I still brush my hair because it feels nice. Since I've been reading here I've lightly added coconut oil to my ends every night.

You might want to investigate Mineral Oil (aka baby oil) to help with static/frizzies. The MO you use should be the bare basic variety..just MO plus a fragrance. Johnson and Johnson baby oil works for me.

It does best on hair that has been clarified with a clarifying shampoo (Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying shampoo is recommended by many LHCers).

Remove as much water from your hair so that it is damp.

Add 2 or 3 drops of MO to a small dish, then dip a baby swab into the oil, then apply it all over your hands and fingers.

Run your hands through your hair until most of the MO sheen is gone.

Use it sparingly! It is very lightweight and leaves your hair soft and shiny.

It's also a great detangler!

You can cut down static while brushing your hair if you follow each brush stroke with the palm of your other hand. The brushing causes static (sometimes) but going down the just brushed hair with your palm helps cut the static.

Mineral Oil article by Ktani:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225