PDA

View Full Version : Almost had to cut a hair screw out of my hair!

Libbylou
July 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
I was using a Sally's spin pin knock off. I had noticed before that the things were not holding their shape well. I used them anyway to try and hold my braided bun. Some how the dog gone thing got stuck and would not come out. My son said I would have to the salon and have it cut out. NO WAY! I did manage to pull the hair away from the top. My son had to get the tin snips and cut the screw in half. It came out easily then. A disaster was avoided. From now on I will only use the real spin pins. However, I think on my next day off I am going to the Amish general store for some of their pins.

sarelis
July 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the warning, I had wondered about those spin pin thingies, my hair will chew up accessories willy nilly as it is so will definately not be trying my luck with those!

jacqueline101
July 22nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the warning. I've never used the Sally ones but I do own a set of the Goody Spin Pins.

IndigoOptimist
July 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
I get £1 spin pins from Primark(cheap UK clothing shop) and I have had this problem too. I ended up ripping some of my hair getting one out. However I can't see any difference in these and the Goody ones which my friend has. I refuse to pay £5 or more for something I can get for £1 ;) I can't say anything about Sallys ones though, having not tried then ;)

Kaelee
July 22nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
I get £1 spin pins from Primark(cheap UK clothing shop) and I have had this problem too. I ended up ripping some of my hair getting one out. However I can't see any difference in these and the Goody ones which my friend has. I refuse to pay £5 or more for something I can get for £1 ;) I can't say anything about Sallys ones though, having not tried then ;)

I think the issue may be the material they are made from. If they deform going into the hair, they can get stuck (I had a Goody one spring the wrong way and get "locked" into my hair, but I was able to remove it without too much trouble fortunately).

I'm guessing what happens is they are made from a softer more easily deformed metal, they get bent wrong way round inside the hair and that is what makes them impossible to remove.

AutumnJasmine
July 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wow! I am so glad that you didn't have to cut your hair. Are the Amish pins "spin pins" too? I think there is an amish store near me, and if not I have family in Ohio that could mail me some.

white.chocolate
July 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Glad that you didn't have to cut that part off! I went through a similar problem before once with u pins. Now I'm careful with what kind of topper the pins have when shopping for them. Some of them trap strands of my hair.