PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else freak out???

Kwantslonghair
July 22nd, 2012, 05:47 AM
I am obsessed with my hem being exactly even. I hate when even one hair is longer than the rest of the length. I have a little bit of a U shape I am growing out but it's the little bits that are longer in the wrong spots. I am also growing out my bangs. They are about to my upper lip and need trimmed but I hate to lose length at this point..bobby pins are my best friend right now. I have been dusting the ends. Just wondered if I am the only one who obsesses over this.

RubySlippers
July 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
I will!

Right now there are just too many layers for me to even worry about it, and I've only just started tackling my splits, but once I'm closer to my goal I know I'll get obsessed with perfection.

Kwantslonghair
July 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM
It will be worth the obsession when we end up with long, beautiful, healthy hair. Or at least I keep telling myself that.

RubySlippers
July 22nd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Yep.

I really think it will. Besides, it gives me something safe* to obsess about :D

* by safe I mean something that doesn't stress me out, or worry me or upset my sleep patterns, something which encourages good and healthy life choices, and doesn't result in mega excessive spending, or over thinking past mistakes. Other things I might obsess about would have those effects.

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
I do initially when I have just had my hair trimmed at the salon. I will go home, double check and triple check to make sure its all even. I am very happy with my hairstylist. She does a great job with my hemline so I might obsess for just a couple of days and then I stop.

akilina
July 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Yes it bothers me that my weight line is not perfect X__X I can't stand it!
I got too scissor happy last month trying to even it out but It would require to cut too much to do so. So I have been trying to ignore it :]

earthnut
July 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
I don't care too much, but then, curly hair hides many cutting imperfections. :)

FrannyG
July 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
My hair is pin straight, so yes, I am very concerned about my hemline, because 1a hair shows no forgiveness to unevenness. Because of this, I do trim every 3 or 4 months. Also, I had quite a shed for hormonal reasons 2 years ago, and I couldn't stand my thin, straggly ends. I just lost a few more inches due to that a couple of weeks ago.

I'm more of a quality over quantity kind of person, so I'm less obsessed with reaching a length goal than I am with having my hair look the way I want it to, even if it's a bit shorter for a while. I'll get to my goal in time.

AutumnJasmine
July 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yes! This is why I can't have blunt hair, and I have layers.

jojo
July 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
I used to do, I tend not to let it bother me anymore. My hairs wavy so it's less noticeable and I hardly ever wear it down these days but I do get what your saying. I think I've gone past the I need to trim a lot too now, that was a battle keeping away from the scissors, quite chuffed I've gone 3 months and still not reaching out for the scissors!

spidermom
July 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Not obsessed exactly, but I get regular trims partly because I want to maintain even ends. I don't want my hair to look like I just forgot to get it cut; I want it to look deliberately long and well-kempt.

MeowScat
July 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I think about my hemline way too much. That's the main reason I wear it in a bun when I go out in public. I'm very self conscious of the scragglers, yet I haven't cut them because I don't want to lose any length just yet.

Every few months I'll do a microtrim on them and it makes it look a tiny bit better, but it doesn't solve the problem completely. I'm too determined to reach mid-butt as soon as possible.

Cinnabun = problem temporarily hidden.

prettykitty
July 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
It doesn't really worry me- I can't see the ends of my own hair very well, even with two mirrors. I'm a self trimmer so I can't be too precious about it :)

jeanniet
July 22nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
If I had straight hair, I probably would. As it is now, I really have no idea if my hemline is straight or not!

dulce
July 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
I just cut from tailbone to waist to thicken my fairytail ends,only to find I prefer the more delicate fairytail ends to my more now solid blunt hem,but luckily hair grows!So don't be too fast to cut.

Lady Neeva
July 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
If my ends are in a braid, then yes.

Helix
July 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
YES. But I'm also scissor shy. I've been growing out an assymetrical bob for 2 years 11 months and sometimes it bugs me but I still can't bring myself to cut back just yet.

I should be at least MBL by the end of the year so I'll probably cut back to even it out then.

akuamoonmaui
July 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
I like my ends even, but it doesn't have to be [I]perfect[I], but my hair is wurly, too so I think that makes a difference. I would porbably be more concerned if I had straight hair.

lmfbs
July 22nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
It doesn't bother me in the slightest (my hair is too wavy to bother) but I was a bit obsessed about having a blunt hemline for a few months, and thought I had one, then discovered I actually have a V. No idea how I missed that!

Vanille_
July 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
I love when my hem is even, but I love more when I gain length. So I only cut my hair once or twice year.

swearnsue
July 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
I freak out about everything else. I'm starting to really get obsessed about shed hairs on my clothes. I got out the sticky roller to pick up all shed hairs. *sigh* the joys of ocd :(

Hollyfire3
July 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
I freak out over everythign concerning my hair. Perfect example: I have been trying not to touch/comb my hair so that it curls like it wants to instead of poofying, and about 4 non-wash days into this, I FREAK because there is a bigger ball of hair then normal in the shower when I finally wash. I was convinced it was something, then I remebered I'm not really brushing and hadn't washed in 4 days, answer for all the ready to come out but indisturbed hairs that finally fell in the shower...lol. And today I wondered why I had a bit more hair out, again, I didn't even comb my hair thix morning, not even finger comb., When will I learn!:shrug:

QMacrocarpa
July 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Nah, I'm not very obsessive about my hair. It's rather curly, so the ends are always a bit camouflaged anyway, to the point where I've self-trimmed bobs without much fuss. I do have a shorter section at the moment that I notice when I braid and one strand starts running out first, but I just borrow a bit from a neighboring strand and soldier on. I'm definitely not going to try to even things up in a futile attempt at perfection, will just keep on with occasional tiny trims.

joflakes
July 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
No. My hair is naturally mad and wavy so it doesn't really matter. What DOES annoy me is the irritating face framing layers that I have been growing out since December that won't go away.