PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you look good while growing?

cutiepie11
July 22nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
Do you think you look good while your hair is at it's current length or do you think you'll only look good once you have reached your goal?

wooliswonderful
July 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
I think any length hair looks good if it's cared for. :)

ETA: Aah, now I see what you meant. I think I do look a little more balanced with longer hair than I have now but still think I look ok. :)

Tota
July 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I think it's long enough to look good but I believe it will look better once I reach goal length. I was quite unhappy untill my hair reached BSL but now I'm past that milestone and can *feel* the goal getting closer :D

MaryMarx
July 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
It's starting to look descent... I think when I reach APL it will look good. :)

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 05:38 AM
I do believe that I look good while my hair is growing so long as my hair is kept healthy and nicely trimmed. For awhile, I became very obsessed with measuring the length of it that I lost perception of how nice my hair was at various lengths. I liked my hair shorter too, but decided suddenly, to grow my hair out after I received a cut that I wasn't too happy with (far too many layers for my liking). I had to remind myself that I look good with both shorter hair and longer hair and that growing my hair was supposed to be a journey. That helped in keeping me grounded while growing out my hair again.

Amber_Maiden
July 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
I think it looks good, but will look a ton better once I might my goal- because I'll continuously trim off old damage.

palaeoqueen
July 22nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
It's starting to look good now it's past shoulder, I think it will look good more consistently once I get to APL. I'm not even sure how long I'm growing it, I'm just pleased that it's looking so much better now than when it was shorter :)

Curly Hermione
July 22nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
I agree that if hair is healthy, it looks good whatever length, but I think I really wouldn't suit my curls being really short, like when I was younger. They look ok now at about shoulder length, but I think long hair would just suit me loads more. My face shape, my build, everything. Plus it's beautiful in its own right, and my curls would hang looser and be more managable. :)

FrannyG
July 22nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
I've had a lot of bumps in the road since I joined LHC, which has led me to cut a lot of hair off three times. I was a half inch from waist when I cut to my current length a couple of weeks ago, but it needed to be done.

I can honestly say that I enjoy the process of growing in every stage, and I believe that my hair feels and looks good at any length these days.

I suspect that I will not have any magical feeling that me or my hair looks any better once I reach my final goal, if I can get there.

blaketob
July 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Once my hair started to look healthy I enjoyed my short length more. And now that it's at APL its starting to look even better in my mind. It gives me hope that I will reach my goal someday

Madora
July 22nd, 2012, 06:58 AM
Never had any qualms about my hair at any growing stage, including now.

sharonluvscats
July 22nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Once I reach my goal of growing out dye and layers my hair will look a lot better. I'm not really happy with how it looks now.

millyaulait
July 22nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
I don't enjoy or like my hair at this length - APL.

I think it will look sooooo much better at BSL, and even more lovely at WL.

:)

FireFromWithin
July 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
I was mostly pleased with the length when my hair got to BSL but I want to grow it to waist. I have a feeling that it won't be enough when I get there though (I'm only half and inch away and it feels short still), maybe hip or tailbone length.
I believe that I will be much happier when I've grown out the layers and dye - so maybe 3 years? lol

spidermom
July 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
My hair looks good either very short or at least APL. The in-between stages are awful - very poofy and without shape or style.

Anway, it's been years since I passed APL, so I guess my hair has looked good for a long time.

HintOfMint
July 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'll admit, growing out a chin length bob left me with a hell of an awkward stage. Once it hit between shoulder and APL, I cut in layers and I loved my hair from there. Basically, once it gets to a style where it looks "done" and not a giant block of frizzy/wavy hair, I feel just fine about my hair.

firegypsy
July 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I only ever wear my hair up, so I think I look fine. :) You can't tell what length it is anyway!

I feel like I'll be more myself at waist length because then I can really do the styles I used to love, but even at APL I can manage a reasonable approximation of most.

But I think it's fine. If I were one to wear my hair down BSL is where I start getting comfortable.

velvetvenus
July 22nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
I hated my hair when it was at the awkward stage from a shaggy bob to apl-I wore it pinned up all the time! It certainly looks much better now that I am at bsl but in my eyes I look my best and feel happiest in myself, when my hair is mid back or longer so I'm bunning or braiding daily at the moment and enjoying it a lot :)

jacqueline101
July 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
I thought so until I got my unwanted trim in June it was to the bottom of my bra strap.

kclarkee
July 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Once my hair started to look healthy I enjoyed my short length more. And now that it's at APL its starting to look even better in my mind. It gives me hope that I will reach my goal someday

I agreee!!! My hair is not at my goal length yet but its getting there and as long as it's healthy i love it :)

CurlyCurves
July 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
I think my hair looks lovely now, but I think it'll look more stunning when it's longer.

dwell_in_safety
July 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
I like my hair at any stage, really, though I've never had it short so I don't know what growing it out from a pixie or bob would be like. Right now it's nearly MBL and even though it's damaged from dye, or at least it must be, it certainly doesn't look or feel it. I enjoy it a lot; it's a good length to do updos, and the crazy amount of taper I have due to only trimming it once every three months allows me to do quite a few even with the thickness I have.

browneyedsusan
July 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
heck yeah!!!
I've been as short as an inch, and rock what I've got. :cheese:

faellen
July 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I think I look OK at this length, but I'll look better at waist. :)

czech it out
July 22nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
My hair has only ever been to BSL, but I liked it just as much when it was at chin length. As long as it's shiny and happy looking, then I'm happy too. I'm enjoying every length on the way to my goal. :)

blondie9912
July 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Now that I've reached BSL I'm starting to like my hair, I absolutely hated it before, the damage was just awful. I agree with others who said they're waiting until their goal length to cut off damage. I think my hair will look better then

HumanBean
July 22nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
I look good now I think. I trimmed off all the damage at my ends at the beginning of this month. I can do lots of varied updos at my length (encroaching BSL), particularly incorporating braids, which handles my layers. And I can wear it down as well, though it's really too hot for that right now.

akilina
July 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
I do not feel like I look good.
I have a horrible hair cut that there is simply I can do nothing about. No horror stories here...just growing out my undercut. It is really looking bad though. It makes me want to chop to collar bone.
I asked my bf if I should/could cut my hair off and he said NO! So I wont. :)

jennafrogg
July 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Nope! I'm three months into growing out a pixie and it's unmanageable as heck! I look good with short hair that trimmed regularly , but growing it out looks terrible on me. Hopefully I've learned my lesson this time and won't be coping it off any time soon.

AnnaJamila
July 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
I think it'll look better longer but if I couldn't grow any more I'd be fine with how it looks now. (Well, mostly fine. I would be a bit disappointed! ;))

ravenheather
July 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
It's getting better. Chin to shoulder was very awkward for me. Now it's collarbone + and it is still just a little bit awkward but I'm starting to enjoy it more.

prettykitty
July 22nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
I think so. I just did a big trim and I think it looks better :) The icky point for me with very short hair is between short and about APL, it looks weird at that length as one side curls under and the other side flips out :rollseyes:

Sunny_side_up
July 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Had a trim recently, its pretty much evened out now. Feels good as well as looks nice. Had it out for pictures while out n about today, nice!;)

pepperminttea
July 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
At shorter lengths I worried that it didn't, but looking at the progress photos, it was fine; I was just being silly and a bit length-obsessive. Once I hit waist/hip-ish I started feeling better about it though. :)

vanillabones
July 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
I think my hair will only look good once it is all virgin and no more layers or bleach and BSL or longer... and still looking 'good' would probably be a stretch. With so little hair styling seems a nightmare. Touching it seems a nightmare. Looking at it is a nightmare *eye twitch*

battles
July 22nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yep. :D I look gooood.

I'll admit that chin to shoulder was a bit awkward at times, but past that I'm quite happy with how my hair looks. My henna demarcation line isn't bad at all.

Dragon Faery
July 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I feel like it's looked good down since about December '11. That's when it reached BSL and finally started to look happier due to better care. But every inch gained and every bit of damage trimmed since then make it look better to me. :)

Some updos look good at this length, but I need more length for some updos I want to do.

I think from this point on, it looks decent up or down, but that I'll personally be happier with it the longer it gets. Proportionally, I think the lengths between Hip and Classic may look strange on me, but after Classic I think it will balance out again. So I'm hoping I can make it at least to Knee!

akuamoonmaui
July 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'm very happy with how my hair looks now because my side layers are finally to my shoulder. My wurly hair is unmanageable when it's shorter and it was a very long, frustrating time waiting for them to finally get heavy and long enough to be manageable. Just to keep it interesting, I have an uneven curl pattern (one side being curlier than the other).

dawnss
July 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM

I think that I will agree with you, I do not like having shoulder length hair but when my ends thicken up I will begin to like it more. Honestly though, I will be a little happier when my hair is longer and healthy.

LadyMikaelson
July 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Yes, as of right now, being chin length, I like the way my hair looks...
Although, I do dread when I reach the whole mid-neck to shoulder length
because I dislike such length on myself, it's awkward. :disgust:

This time round, I'll just wear it up for that period. :wacko:

Vanille_
July 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Eh. I never think my hair looks good. I can be harsh on myself though.

spirals
July 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
I like how it looks now, the way the curls fall and how the layers have grown out. I'm looking forward to it falling all the way down my back, though, because it will balance my frame. But otherwise, I like it at any lenght between APL and wherever it's getting to.

joesgirl2011
July 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
No, I don't think I look good at all. I hate my face..lol When I have long hair my features look smaller and more uniform I guess. I pretty much think the only way I will look pretty is when I have my super long hair back. I feel more confident, and look ..I swear, completely different with it. I won't feel like me again until it's back. It is almost agonizing waiting for it to grow back. I could kick myself for cutting it. No more stress cutting EVER!

Diamond.Eyes
July 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
I feel fine with the length I'm at and I'm pretty sure I would feel fine if my hair was even shorter. I feel like when I get to my goal length, I will still be happy though. Who knows if I'll even let it get to knee length because the weight of it right now already bothers me a little. I just let my hair do its own thing, if it's too much at knee I'll probably leave it at classic or mid-thigh. I don't think my happiness would be effected all that much if it were longer. :shrug:

gthlvrmx
July 22nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
I look good at any length.

holothuroidea
July 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
My hair has already passed the point where I find it the most flattering (between ear and chin).

I also don't have a set goal, I plan to just not cut my hair (unless it is damaged) until it reaches terminal. Terminal length is a pretty hard thing to pin down. My goal is kind of ambiguous.

So yeah, for me this is all about the journey. I am learning to appreciate my hair at all lengths.

Eh. I never think my hair looks good. I can be harsh on myself though.

Yeah, no kidding you can be harsh. Your hair is fantastic. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. So get your facts straight!!! :laugh: :D (((Vanille)))

Garnet66
July 22nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
I look horrible when my hair is growing. I'll feel better about myself when it reaches shoulder length. Right now I think it looks.....bleh. I can't wait to feel prettier. Dh tells me constantly how pretty i am. But I don't feel attractive with short hair.

Vanille_
July 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Holo, thanks! But most of my pictures are right after I brush it. It doesn't stay like that and I wonder how bad it might look.

holothuroidea
July 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Holo, thanks! But most of my pictures are right after I brush it. It doesn't stay like that and I wonder how bad it might look.

Me too!!!

If I had a trillion dollars, I'd build a robot to brush my hair for me every 2 minutes so as not to walk around looking like a stringy-haired teenager. :p

LaFlor
July 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM
I think I look good with the length I have, but I feel like I will look better when at my goal length :D

MagicAndMayhem
July 22nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm actually pretty uncomfortable with the way my hair looks like right now. It's mostly because of the wonky haircut I'm sporting at the moment. Once my hair grows 3 more inches I will be happier haha.

UpNorth
July 23rd, 2012, 03:46 AM
No because I put it up in boring protective hairstyles all the time which makes my face look kinda harsh, I'm growing out my virgin hair, stretching washes, doing WO (ok this actually makes my hair look better than shampoo and conditioner, oh well) and oil it a lot which of course can make it look even more greasy :D AND not to forget, my lovely sleeping cap makes me look very attractive in front of DBF. Not!

But when my hair is newly washed and down I really love it and I think I look good:P

pink.sara
July 23rd, 2012, 04:14 AM
I think I've been able to make it look nice at every stage, just the initial short short haircut really didn't suit me.

The longer it gets the more compliments I recieve though.

oktobergoud
July 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
Yeah, I think so! Not always THAT good (I mean, I was growing out a supershort pixie, which always is tough) but overall, yeah, just.. good I guess? I do feel like I look better now my hair is longer :)

Mesmerise
July 23rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
I feel that I look more attractive with longer hair! I mean, I suppose to most other people there's little difference (in my appearance that is) whether I'm APL, BSL or WL... but to ME there's a big difference!!

Demi-Plum
July 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
I feel my hair is at an awkward length for me. But that is more likely just my opinion and the fact that I want it longer.

gillybeanxo3921
July 23rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
yeah, I feel like my hair is just average. I want it to be around 2-3 inches longer, and then I'll be a bit more satisfied. After that, I think I'll be happy and less anxious hahah.

gratitudinous
July 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Interesting thread topic, OP. :)
Until I reached BSL late last summer, I felt like I looked a lot less attractive than I could have. But now that I've got what I consider to be 'long' hair, I'm happy with my appearance. I do feel like BSL is a fairly common length, so when it gets longer I'll be happier just because I'll be more unique (which is always a big confidence booster for me).

Pandora.
July 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
I became happier once the condition improved, but I really need to work on length and thickness before I am actually happy with my real hair.

Sammie_holms
July 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
I think I just don't like my hair right now because of the bangs. If I didn't have them, I might start liking it. i just would like to be able to put them back

Mesmerise
July 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
I think I just don't like my hair right now because of the bangs. If I didn't have them, I might start liking it. i just would like to be able to put them back

The good thing about bangs is they grow out pretty fast :D. I had bangs a few months ago, and now they're just past my lip (hardly grown out, but they don't look like bangs anymore either!). Just a few months ago they were quite short (and my hair grows fairly slowly too). Growing out the rest of the hair is a complete PITA though!

robanna
July 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
i strongly dislike the way my hair looks right now. I cannot wait until it starts to grow

marioma
July 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I will look better with longer hair , curly and short hair don't go well with me .

Tisiloves
July 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
It still has a couple of weird kinks (undercut billow and shoulder), but I always thought i coud use some wave. :silly:

term122
July 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Nope it looks quite bad. It's always either a big mess, flying all over the place and in my face, or in a very thin, rat-like, pony tail.

Amygirl8
July 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
I've kept this length for the longest time, and have always been comfortable with it. While I definitely think long hair improves my physical appearance, I don't think that I'll only look good when I get to my goal.

Miss Catrina
July 23rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
My hair looks dreadful right now. Uneven ear length bob with a scruffy shaved nape? Cannot wait for this to be a bad memory.

MrsGuther
July 23rd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Do you think you look good while your hair is at it's current length or do you think you'll only look good once you have reached your goal?

I think my hair looks pretty good at the length it is at right now (between hip and tbl). I think I enjoy the journey of growing my hair long, more than focusing on reaching a goal.

helloimgia
July 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
I feel like I'm the type that's never satisfied with my hair -.- I thought that once I get to MB I'll be happy but ugh the dead ends are killing me. So waist here I come so I can cut it off!!!

Tigermama
July 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
I've been happier with my hair as I approach my goal. This could also be because I had to learn from square one how to take care of it without damaging it, and so it's in much better condition now.

lolot
July 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
I only think i look good on a certain length, with my lenght i start to look good but not like i would like to, maybe is an issue of self esteem

ApatheticFairy
July 23rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I have weird crazy layers I'm growing out and I hate it. Even when I put my hair up, there's big chunks sticking out at odd places. I think I'll like it fine when the shortest layer is around BSL (my goal is classic and one-length gentle U-hemline)

hairhair
July 24th, 2012, 03:29 AM
I just discovered such a gorgeous little bun/ponytail that I'm thinking of staying at APL for a while. I probably won't, but it's nice to discover new things about each length. In terms of my hair being out/down, I think it will look more balanced from the back once it's about midback/waist than it looks now (it's so thick it sort of fluffs out and looks like a big trapezium).

MintChocChip
July 24th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Personally no, I don't think I look good whilst growing my hair out. That may have something to do with the grass always being greener though, I always think I'll look better when I reach my goal which may not be the case at all!

Nae
July 24th, 2012, 04:51 AM
My hair looks fine now but there was a point when growing out the pixie when it wasn't long enough to put up and it was like the mullet of doom when I looked in the mirror and said, "Boy oh boy Nae, you are looking like a complete goob at this point in the hair growing!!"

And I shrugged and kept going. Sometimes growing out hair isn't for the weak of heart lol.

carolinaberry
July 24th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I think hair can look good at any length. I currently don't think my hair looks good while I'm growing it out, because I have uneven, razored layers. Once the shortest layer hits APL, I will cut my hair back to APL to get rid of them. Layers can be beautiful as well, but since mine are uneven and were done with a razor, the ends are weak and look odd.

browneyedsusan
July 24th, 2012, 03:46 PM
My hair looks fine now but there was a point when growing out the pixie when it wasn't long enough to put up and it was like the mullet of doom when I looked in the mirror and said, "Boy oh boy Nae, you are looking like a complete goob at this point in the hair growing!!"

And I shrugged and kept going. Sometimes growing out hair isn't for the weak of heart lol.

I'm rocking the mullet of doom! :lala: :D

OrganicJewel
July 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I think I look best with long hair, but I think it can look good now, but no, not great, it's a lot of hard work to get it to look decent.

Nae
July 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm rocking the mullet of doom! :lala: :D

Lol! Awesome. Keep on rocking it, it won't last long if you just power through. :D

earthnut
July 24th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I think I look good with 1 inch hair, and with ponytail hair or longer. The round in between look doesn't complement my round face. Plus when short, the curls never lie right. This is also the reason I'll never get bangs again. They just go all wonky on me!

If I find a routine that really makes my hair shiny and healthy, I might buzz it all off, just to see it grow out again. Otherwise I don't want to deal with the aggravation of the in between lengths ever again.

4C4rly4
July 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Right now I'm almost at waist, and I like how it looks :] but of course I think it will look better once it's longer!

sunshine-locks
July 24th, 2012, 10:48 PM
My hair has its good days at this length, where it sits nicely and doesn't look completely wrecked, but I wouldn't say it makes me look good. Once it's all past shoulder I won't mind so much.

Shicurls
July 24th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I really liked my hair when it was an inch long and when it was short. I really thought it looked cute flying around about chin and shoulder length. I look REALLY good with it just past APL curly. :)

I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I would like it longer, but I'm willing to give it a try! Ha! I actually contemplated cutting it super short again, and a friend of mine (well, actually my ex-boyfriend) said, "You DID want to date again? Right?":bigeyes::rollin::rollin: Heh, Yeah, he's seen me both ways, and still thought I was attractive, but obviously loves my hair longer!

So, moral of the story? What do I know?!? I'm happy and I think that's what matters!:D

gillybeanxo3921
July 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I got a haircut last week, and now I don't really like how I look. Too short. Won't fit into braids. The bangs are annoying (they were nearly grown out and she snipped 3-4" off.)

Now I need 3.5-4.5" to be where my next mini-goal is. That's where I'll be happy.

I'm also becoming frustrated with the tiny little hairs sprouting up around my hairline. I'm pleased with them, because I know that means my hair is getting thicker, but geez, I hate hairspraying and clipping them awkwadly down. Hopefully they grow in very fast.

amanda_the_tall
July 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
i feel like once my hair gets to my mini goal it'll look better. which fortunately is about four inches away! since i'm tall and my hair is super thin, it looks way out of proportion with my body. i'm hoping once it gets longer it'll look like there's more hair, somehow. i don't understand my own logic though, haha.

DancingQueen
July 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
At the beginning of my journey (chin-length due to a hairdresser, need I say more) i did feel like I was ugly. I am very tall, and I felt my short hair made me look even taller, and very unfeminine. I have never been the girly type of girl, although not that boyish either. I started feeling better about my looks around shoulder length, and I do note, that the longer it gets, the better I feel I look. I think I will be really glad at a solid BSL/MBL.

I guess I had 3 main reasons to grow it out:
1) Bad haircut
2) Easier to manage
3) To feel/look more feminine

Pixie0763
July 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I think it will look better 6 inches longer, when my "bangs" are below chin level.

kitekats
July 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM
No. My hair never manages to look good. Or feel good. It's a pity...

constantki
July 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Right now, I am unhappy with the condition of my hair but happy with the length. I want to grow it out a few more inches without cutting just to make it to my goal of classic and then deal with the unhealthiness of the ends by maintaining at that length until I am pleased with its condition. So, I guess my answer to the question is no but hopefully that will change really soon once I feel comfortable trimming again. I'm just sooo close to my goal I can taste it!!

RedheadMistress
July 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
- My hair looks like Sh*t at the moment, it is natually a curly dark brown hair that has natural ringlets but the length is so damaged it's wavy and straight in some places, and I used to have sidecuts so my sides are a couple of inches of super curly hair which imo makes me look like krusty the clown . . I'm just waiting for it all to grow out to a similar length, so I can cut some layers into it and really slowly cut off the worst damage . .

Avital88
July 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
it is starting to look good , but i need one more inch to be happy with my length again.. i felt way too short last couple of months.
It just falls best after tailbone length imo.so a few more weeks :D

catamonica
July 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I think any length looks good, if you take care of it. Mine is at hip. It looks good. But I think it would look better if it was longer.

Pearly~91
July 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I think my hair is pretty at any length, as long as it is healthy. My hair when it is unhealthy is anywhere between ugly and down right gross at any length. I want longer hair, but it's not because I think it's ugly now. :)

catamonica
July 30th, 2012, 03:00 PM
kitten91, I read online that dehydrated minced onion, & dehydrated chopped onion, makes your hair thicker. I put one capful in my shampoo. Minced onion. And now I'm using chopped onion. My hair feels thicker. Hope this helps.

utdesertrunner
July 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM
At APL people started to tell me my hair "was getting long" and that they liked it. But I can't wait to hit about waist/tailbone.

Asprettyasme
July 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

Simone_Fatale
August 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm starting to look good as my hair is slowly growing over my ears. I've been able to get a flattering fringe and face framing layers which has already made a major difference to my appearance. My hair will have to hit shoulder length in order to maximally use it to frame my face and achieve the look that I want. After that, I can just relax, look great and let my hair grow to my goal length :)

beautifulending
August 8th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I think the shortest my hair can be and still look good on me while growing is shoulder. I looked BAD with a pixie cause I have a round face.:couch:

freznow
August 8th, 2012, 12:19 AM
My hair looks great right now - I love it. I don't know if I'll love it in an inch or two, though, and that makes me sad. There are certainly some lengths that just don't seem to work.

Littlewing13
August 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I'm about an inch past apl. I love my hair now! I think its starting to look like long hair & when I wear it out for special occasions I think it looks great. I did go through awkward times though & just persisted & now its paying off

KwaveT
August 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I think my hair looks good. It frizzes up a little bit. I absolutely love my curls and they look better and better the longer the hair gets.

CurlyCap
August 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Yep.

Whenever I start to complain about how awful my hair looks while growing out, I think back to this gem:

http://i.imgur.com/mBFQX.jpg?1

Ah, the joys of short curly hair and a round face. I look like Einstein's less fashionably blessed cousin.

*Wednesday*
February 27th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Once my hair hit waist length, I was more pleased with how my hair looked. I believe in part because while growing it, the fine handling and treating it much better. Not using the curing iron or blow dryer and doing wet sets or letting it dry naturally were all the better for my hair. I wish I was kinder to my hair in my twenties. As far as "looking good" is subjective and very surface. I try not for my hair to be a security blanket but more of wisdom and my time on earth of what I've learned. Treat life gently.

spidermom
February 27th, 2017, 06:34 PM
My original reply was that my hair looks good either very short or APL+. Now my hair is around shoulder-length, and I think my hair looks good. It was just a matter of accepting my hairs natural texture and learning to work with it.

iceflavore
February 27th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I think my hair looks good as it is. I wouldn't be able to handle thinking about growing it longer if I weren't happy with the in-between lengths. I like my hair, that's why I want more of it. :p

Coral Grimes
February 28th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Kind of, or at least more so than any other time I've attempted to grow my hair out (when I always gave up at collarbone length and chopped back again). Realising my hair is not as straight as I thought it was helped a lot. Blowdrying/straightening did my fine thin hair no favours at all, nor my round chubby face. Letting my natural waves come out has made a big difference.

Mrstran
February 28th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Nope! I actually cannot stand my hair. It's just awful.

If I looked cute in short hair, I'd have a chin length bob, but I don't. My head shape would look too weird among other shape issues.
The next best thing is long hair. Once I get my long hair back I will feel better. Everyday I look at my hair like it's a dead animal on my head. I just want it healthy and long.

SheWhoCariesSun
February 28th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Interesting question. My perception of my hair right now is that it looks terrible, but I hate the short length and focus that displeasure on the length. *When* I fix my hair, it doesnt look bad, it just looks ho-hum. I want to grow my hair out LONG, but I a have to confess I am a little concerned that at my age, the length of it is going to be unflattering to my face. I feel like the weight of it is going to drag my face down, so to speak. The actual look of my current hair is shiny and healthy looking, so I can't complain there. However, I notice I walk around a lot with it in a hat or just not "fixed" because now that I am growing it out, I am a little afraid to over-style it with heavy products and heated appliances....

So generally through this grow-out I'd have to say I am sporting that unattended, "over worked soccer mom" Look. :(

Groovy Granny
February 28th, 2017, 12:29 PM
My hair is grown out now, but I embraced each stage from Chin to Hip....rockin' it as best I could with new styles, hair toys, makeup, earrings etc

Focus on the POSITIVES and ENJOY THE JOURNEY......the time it takes to reach your goal will pass by much more quickly :flower:

lithostoic
February 28th, 2017, 12:32 PM
If it weren't bleached it would look great.

phoenixred
February 28th, 2017, 12:45 PM
I quite like my hair at the moment. It's the longest it's been since I was a child and I'm good condition too. I'm just glad I've got past the inbetween chin and shoulder stage!

Kake
February 28th, 2017, 12:59 PM
No it doesn't look good. Growing out my fringe is helping though.

DawnTR
February 28th, 2017, 01:04 PM
I feel just like Mrstran. My hair is horrible and totally embarrassing.

I chopped at some of my dyed damaged parts in the front yet again, so now my mullet is even worse. At this rate I will be back to above shoulder length pretty quick since I will get my sister to cut the back tonight to try and make the mullet less noticeable. I would even be super happy with a healthy shoulder length bob at this point. But mid back healthy shiny hair would make me ecstatic.

Dark40
February 28th, 2017, 01:11 PM
I think it looks good as my hair is growing beyond BSL.

Silverbleed
February 28th, 2017, 01:27 PM
It's starting to look 'good' every day now. I used to have a lot of bad days when I started. But I still feel bad about the layers I've got which I need to grow out asap because I love how everything else looks so far.

Reyesuela
February 28th, 2017, 01:50 PM
My hair drives me crazy when it is in my face. It looks good--or can--at any length. Shorter-than-BSL-but-longer-than-crop hair is a bit of a pain to make look good because of all the styling needed to have "done" hair. When it's longer, I can just slap it up into braid, bun, or even an slick pony and look "done." Long hair is easy hair. ;)

_fred_
February 28th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Not unless I've just stepped out of the salon. I get really frustrated with the way that it goes wavy at the front, it looks really unflattering on me. The waves in the rest of it don't suit this length so it just looks messy if it's not been straightened - and I'm not going to straighten it myself because that way leads to misery and regret.

I'm determined to try to enjoy each length on my journey back to long hair, so I've been clipping it while it's still damp so at least the front dries relatively straight. Luckily at this length clipping the rest makes the ends flip out, which looks vaguely intentional! I've also been learning how to create different styles to make it look tidier and keep it contained.

I just need to make it to shoulder length, I keep telling myself. This phase will only last as long as my hair's at that mid-length awkward stage. and who knows, I could discover a style I really love in the meantime, and just not notice the months skipping by...

ElisabethS
February 28th, 2017, 02:08 PM
my hair looked ok at chin length. it's about apl now and wont quit creeping around my neck. i hope that once it's longer (heavier) it will stop doing so.

Anje
February 28th, 2017, 02:23 PM
When I decide to grow out this buzz cut, it's going to be amazing.

SheWhoCariesSun
February 28th, 2017, 03:15 PM
heck yeah!!!
I've been as short as an inch, and rock what I've got. :cheese:

WOW! I love seeing dated pictures of progress. So from pixie grow out to your length now took you just about 4.5 years!! I am impressed. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I fear my age might effect the speed of my hair growth.

MoonRabbit
February 28th, 2017, 04:14 PM
I think I look alright. My hair has more bad days than good though. On rare occasions will my waves look manageable and smooth, why can't this happen all the time? I do the same routine... I don't know how my hair will be once I reach my goal, I hope I look nice with long hair. I had a conversation not to long ago about shorter women having long hair (I'm 5'2) most of the group said longer hair on short women doesn't look good because it makes them look even shorter. I've never noticed this.

marvel-lover
February 28th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I think I look alright. My hair has more bad days than good though. On rare occasions will my waves look manageable and smooth, why can't this happen all the time? I do the same routine... I don't know how my hair will be once I reach my goal, I hope I look nice with long hair. I had a conversation not to long ago about shorter women having long hair (I'm 5'2) most of the group said longer hair on short women doesn't look good because it makes them look even shorter. I've never noticed this.

I don't know, I think it depends. My best friend is only about 5'1" tall (I'm 5'9" and when we go to the mall, she grabs me by my earlobe when she wants me to go into a store with her....you can imagine how funny this looks to outsiders :rollin: ) and she has hip-length, incredibly thick, wavy, bright red hair. She calls it her mermaid hair because she lives to combine colors to achieve Ariel hair from the Little Mermaid. Anyway, I don't think she looks shorter as a result of long hair because her confidence in herself and her hair more than makes up for her short stature. On the opposite side of things, I have another friend who is 4'9" and has hair that is only chin length, and I don't think having longer hair would make her look smaller. It might be all about perception.

I love your waves, by the way!

MoonRabbit
February 28th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I don't know, I think it depends. My best friend is only about 5'1" tall (I'm 5'9" and when we go to the mall, she grabs me by my earlobe when she wants me to go into a store with her....you can imagine how funny this looks to outsiders :rollin: ) and she has hip-length, incredibly thick, wavy, bright red hair. She calls it her mermaid hair because she lives to combine colors to achieve Ariel hair from the Little Mermaid. Anyway, I don't think she looks shorter as a result of long hair because her confidence in herself and her hair more than makes up for her short stature. On the opposite side of things, I have another friend who is 4'9" and has hair that is only chin length, and I don't think having longer hair would make her look smaller. It might be all about perception.

I love your waves, by the way!

Aw thank you!

Yeah I think it falls under personal opinion, same as age and hair length. I think hair is simply that 'just hair' and it should not matter if you are short, older or have a round face with a short bob. So many unnecessary "rules".

Also wanted to add that my mother is 4'11 and she had knee length almost all my life. She cut it off to a pixie a few years ago and honestly I never noticed a difference with height illusion.

Rebeccalaurenxx
February 28th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I think I look ok -- it was worse before when it was shorter. As it grows I feel better about the way I look, but I dont think ill be happy with my appearance until it hits waist and visually looks long to me without having to look into a mirror. I just feel ugly, I do not like my hair.

Reyesuela
February 28th, 2017, 06:16 PM

That's mean. *hugs* Unless you hate being short and want to do anything to look taller, who cares, even if it's true? Own your height!

mizukitty
February 28th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Yes, as long as my hair is behaving, I really enjoy it in general, at all lengths. Granted, I like when it's longer because there's MORE of it to play with, style, etc., but I don't mind shorter lengths at all.

Longhairrr
February 28th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Hi, I'm new.

Well I am currently at tailbone..However, a good 4 inches of the ends are not in the greatest condition. I used to do keratin treatments and bleached it. That and the fact that I am cutting heat and so my hair styles are not that attractive (my hair is semi curly and frizzy) are the reasons why I don't think I look that great with my hair currently.

However once it grows out longer , probably classic and I get to chop some of those bad inches off the ends .. I think it will look better. I would also consider when my hair has grown out its natural color and previous keratin treatment, of doing a keratin again on all my natural color, classic length hair so I can enjoy frizz free straight hair without having to use heat. So in that sense I believe I will look best when my hair grows out to my desired length.