PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a shower head that filters out chlorine/limescale?

infinity_girl
July 22nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Does anyone use one of those shower head attachments that filters out chlorine/limescale?

I live in London which has very hard water and I am thinking about buying one. No matter what I do my hair is always like straw. I have tried everything mentioned on here and I am wondering whether I need to permanently filter out this crap (and it would probably be cheaper than buying a chelating shampoo) in the long run.

So, can you please let me know whether it has helped or not?

Ramille
July 22nd, 2012, 05:11 AM
I am a 'water only' and live in Florida with VERY hard water. What works best for me is to rinse my hair in distilled water (a half gallon) that has 1 tablespoon of apple cidar vinegar in it.
Since starting this routine (last Feb.) my hair has regained it's shine and no longer looks like straw.

infinity_girl
July 22nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
I am a 'water only' and live in Florida with VERY hard water. What works best for me is to rinse my hair in distilled water (a half gallon) that has 1 tablespoon of apple cidar vinegar in it.
Since starting this routine (last Feb.) my hair has regained it's shine and no longer looks like straw.

Thank you but unfortunately I have already tried this. The first few times it worked really well but it does not seem to work anymore and my hair just feels exactly the same. I believe ACV doesn't actually chelate the hair.

Bunnysaur
July 22nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
I have one of those fancy shower heads! It's fantastic, it's really changed my hair for the better. It filters out all the chlorine and junk that makes the water hard, and I'm left with super soft water that doesn't lead to any build up.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Yes I do. We have soft water, so my main concern was chlorine. I thought it might have been drying my hair out, and that was why I have so many splits.

So far, the only difference I experience is that it's nice to not smell that chlorine/swimming pool smell in the shower or bath. I still have lots and lots and lots of splits and dry ends, but maybe it's old damage. We've only had the filter for a matter of months, so my hair has years of possible chlorine damage to overcome (maybe).