PDA

View Full Version : I get so many Compliments

Patty lou
July 22nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Wearing my hair up high in 2 double braided buns I get soo many compliments.

Patty lou

McFearless
July 22nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
Great. :) I like high buns myself but they usually give me headaches.

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
I wish that I could do more with my hair. I am hoping that by joining the LHC that I will be able to learn how to do more updo's. I find even the easier designs challenging, like I am working with two left hands:(. I guess I just need a lot of patience and practise.

Your hair sounds lovely!

IndigoOptimist
July 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
I'm rubbish with updos, but I'm hoping to get better with practice. For the last couple of years I've blamed the length, but now I know it's long enough to do some nice updos with, I've seen others do them! I'm just not very good. My arms ache and my hair is very fine so it flies away all over the place :/ I also have layers which doesn't help ;)
I like how your hair sounds though :)

Ticky
July 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Good for you!

Tristania
July 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to hair styling and updos. All I can do is a ponytail, sidebraid, pigtails, and recently, thanks to spin pins, a single bun.

RubySlippers
July 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to hair styling and updos. All I can do is a ponytail, sidebraid, pigtails, and recently, thanks to spin pins, a single bun.

This is me! This is exactly what I can do, down to the spin pins! I really want to learn to braid but it's daunting.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'm rubbish with updos, but I'm hoping to get better with practice. For the last couple of years I've blamed the length, but now I know it's long enough to do some nice updos with, I've seen others do them! I'm just not very good. My arms ache and my hair is very fine so it flies away all over the place :/ I also have layers which doesn't help ;)
I like how your hair sounds though :)

Arm strength is a useful thing to have, so don't give up! Keep working on it.

embee
July 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Updo styles puzzle some people. I've been asked "how do you do that" with a one-stick bun that takes mere seconds to make. The confusion in their faces when I show them is worth it!

Good for you on the braided buns. :)

jacqueline101
July 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
I'm glad you get compliments on your up dos. Its great to get compliments . I can't wait to get compliments on mine.

DarleneH
July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Wearing my hair up high in 2 double braided buns I get soo many compliments.

Patty lou

Pictures, please!

AcornMystic
July 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
That's good that your hair gets noticed and positively at that. I look forward to the acknowledgement of effort and patience I plan to put into my hair to achieve healthy long hair, but more so just finally having it so that I can enjoy it.

Kat
July 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
I wish I could wear those. They're so cute! But my hair is too thick so instead of getting two cute little buns, I get a pair of huge behemoths looking like they're trying to eat my head and as if they're fighting for space back there (yeah, it doesn't help that my head is also small).

Updo styles puzzle some people. I've been asked "how do you do that" with a one-stick bun that takes mere seconds to make. The confusion in their faces when I show them is worth it!

Good for you on the braided buns. :)

LOL. Like the people who ask me incredulously, "do you braid your own hair?" Uh, yeah? Were they imagining I had a lady's maid or something? Or the ones who are like "look at that, she just put her hair in a bun in like two seconds!" Um, yep. Been doing it for years, so I've kinda got it down by now. And I dunno if my hair just isn't difficult, or what, but it's just "twist, arrange on head, toss in a couple pins or hairsticks, done." Maybe these people are thinking of some sort of elaborate thing using bobby pins (which hold about three strands of hair each so you have to use a bazillion of them) so yes, it does take forever.