PDA

View Full Version : Mama Mia, here we go again

renarok
August 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I went to Mama Mia with my daughter on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. Meryl Streep has lovely long hair, as does her movie daughter. Oh and I enjoyed the music, corny but cute.

totie
August 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I like the music too...Glad you enjoyed the movie. My mum is being treated out to lunch and that movie today for her 60th birthday, hope she enjoys it too. Wish I had a baby sitter, I would love to see it too. Have you seen the movie 'Carolina' I forget who the actress is but she has gorgeous long blonde hair.

SHELIAANN1969
August 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I went with my Granny last Tuesday, I didn't realize it was a total musical, but I love ABBA, I couldn't get enough of the music, and I love Pierce Brosnan, Y U M M Y!!

Whimsical wind
August 5th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I went to see Mamma Mia with my dad, we both like ABBA. My friend teases me about it. :o :p Meryl Streep had amazing hair.

morgwn
August 5th, 2008, 01:45 AM
I went this weekend, too, and really found it uplifting and fun. :) I thought it had some great actors and I had a proper drool over Colin Firth even though he was playing a gay. ;) And the long blonde hair on both of the main characters was just an added pleasure to see.

Miriela
August 5th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I thought it was lovely. :)

I also thought Pierce Brosnan looked like a young Gandalf. In a really huggable, adorable way.

bex487
August 5th, 2008, 08:08 AM
The daughter's hair is absolutely gorgeous!

GreenGables
August 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I like ABBA too, kind of grew up with it since I'm from sweden as well. But I think it's pretty amazing that they are so big in the rest of the world, it's almost scary ^^ I haven't seen Mama Mia though.

Samara Morgan
August 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Oh I loved "Mamma Mia!" :inlove: The songs were great and of course Meryl is always fantastic :agree: I thought all of the "Dads" were great too :D Donna and Sophie's hair was very nice indeedy :roll:

renarok
August 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Wasn't the setting really beautiful? Now I really want to have a vacation on a greek island. Minus all the stairs though. :rolleyes: I think the daughter, Sofie's,hair was a great example of 'beach' hair.

maskedrose
August 13th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I loved Amanda Seyfried's hair (she played the daughter)!! I saw it tonight and got totally excited because hers is fairly similiar in type to mine, so with a few more inches mine should look pretty darn similiar - how exciting! I think its her natural hair as well - all the photos of her online show long, lovely locks. Hurray for long haired actresses!

Chrissy
August 13th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I hated the movie. I was totally bored out of my mind!! Sorry. I do love ABBA though.

winter_star
August 13th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I saw the movie on Saturday too. I absolutley loved it!!! And yes their were many beautiful hair scenes. I have never seen a movie where at the end the audience stands up and cheers and claps. It was just fantastic! And yes, I am now considering a Greek holiday... :cheese:

jel
August 13th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Wasn't the setting really beautiful? Now I really want to have a vacation on a greek island. Minus all the stairs though. :rolleyes:

LOL, that's exactly what my SO said too!

I loved the movie - it was so cheerful and fun! Bit different from my usual SXF blockbuster fare. I don't even like musicals in general, but this was ABBA! I could barely resist singing along, but I couldn't stop my feet from tapping to the rhythm. :D

Both the mother and the daughter had lovely looking hair, and I loved the whole 'middle-aged women can have fun and be fun' vibe. Oh, and the dads! ;)

jessie58
August 13th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I really don't like musical, I grew up with them. My family loved them but I cannot bring myself to watch one, if I can help it.

However I *looks around cautiously* do secretly like ABBA and all of the actors in the movie, so I might chance it.

goldenbrunette
August 14th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Colin. Firth. *droooool*

jessie58
August 14th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I might go see it just for Colin Firth, lol.

renarok
August 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I hope this isn't a spoiler for you, close your eyes, but he plays a gay character. Not convincingly though. He is so yummy.

jessie58
August 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I hope this isn't a spoiler for you, close your eyes, but he plays a gay character. Not convincingly though. He is so yummy.

Oh even better. Whoo hoo. :D

Juneii
August 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm going to see that with a friend of mine next Saturday, I'm excited!

jel
August 15th, 2008, 04:23 AM
He is so yummy.

He is, isn't he! :D I loved the Headbanger flashbacks! :D

Chrissy
August 15th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I must be missing something. :) I do love ABBA but still didn't care for the movie. My best friend saw it before me and felt the same way. I also love musicals most of the time. Go figure. I'm really glad you all enjoyed it though.

jessie58
August 15th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I must be missing something. :) I do love ABBA but still didn't care for the movie. My best friend saw it before me and felt the same way. I also love musicals most of the time. Go figure. I'm really glad you all enjoyed it though.

Chrissy, what about it, did you not care for? Was it too cheesey? Was the story line bad? I am rather hesitant to see it myself. I really don't like musicals.

renarok
August 16th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I find that to truly enjoy musicals such as this you must be prepared to disconnect the part of your brain that expects realistic plot lines, meaningful dialogue, or a really profound experience. This is meant to be fanciful. It is fluff. You ARE supposed to sing out loud and dance in your seat. If you expect to be moved on a deep emotional level you will be disappointed.

Chrissy
August 16th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I did find it cheesy. That's a good word. I wasn't expecting any kind of life altering thing. Actually I knew nothing about the movie when I went to see it other than the ABBA songs. It just didn't hold my interest.

dorothea-brooke
August 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I just saw this, and I can't stop singing ABBA songs! :silly:

I loved it, in a totally turn-your-mind-off kind of way. Pretty beaches, pretty people, pretty HAIR!
(Although I did cringe when the main character leaned up against a tree and rubbed her waist-length hair up and down against the bark! shudder:)

And I loved the fact that the main point of the film seemed to be the attractiveness of older women. :wink:

:cheese: -y fun!

Milena
August 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Wasn't the setting really beautiful? Now I really want to have a vacation on a greek island. Minus all the stairs though. :rolleyes: I think the daughter, Sofie's,hair was a great example of 'beach' hair.

I went to Skopelos recently, where the movie is shot, and yes, there are A LOT of stairs to walk. It is a mountainous island down to the coasts, and the center of the main town is car-free. I loved it! Absolutely beautiful place. I hope it doesn't get swamped by tourists now after this movie... no offense, but maybe the stairs will keep the majority away! ;)

Amoretti
August 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I just got back from seeing it! I loved it. It was such an unapologetic display of kitsch! :inlove:

The best thing in it though was the British actress, Julie Walters. :) I love her singing "Take a Chance on Me" in that final scene!