PDA

View Full Version : Point cutting as trimming

Miss Catrina
July 21st, 2012, 08:32 PM
My hair is very fine and the ends develop damage quickly - but it's too short for me to have any prayer of self-trimming in a conventional way.

My question is what you think of point cutting it. I could easily comb sections of my hair to 90 degrees and cut almost parallel to the hair strands to remove some velcro-y nastiness, but my concern is that since this wouldn't make a blunt end to the hairs, they would get damaged very quickly. What do you think?

(For reference, this picture shows an example of point cutting: http://www.hairfinder.com/hair/pointcuttingslithering.gif )

gonzobird
July 21st, 2012, 08:41 PM
My Hair is point cut to the extreeeeme, so Ive been growing it out for a year and its more than doubled in thickness for me. (I liked the cut at the time, and now its cool, too.)

Personally, I like layers and point cutting is a great way to get lots of ends off without looking like you lost a lot of length. That said, with fine hair, its going to make it seem even finer. I have fine hair, bt two heads worth of it, and it definitely made my hair appear thinner. If you're doing the cutting though, you can conrtol how much is going. I prefer it because I hate the look of harsh lines normal layers give. Point cutting is much more blended looking without harsh lines. :)

Kaelee
July 21st, 2012, 08:44 PM
I love my layers to be point cut. Unfortunately the last two hairdressers don't seem to get the idea...

But the girl I go to loves my long hair so I keep her anyway. :D