PDA

View Full Version : What does this number mean?

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM
When I'm composing a reply and I'm quotig a previous post, in the 'Message' box, there appears a number next to the name of the member I'm quoting. It does not, however, appear in the final post after I click 'Submit'. What does this number mean?

dancingbarefoot
March 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM
When I'm composing a reply and I'm quotig a previous post, in the 'Message' box, there appears a number next to the name of the member I'm quoting. It does not, however, appear in the final post after I click 'Submit'. What does this number mean?

It's what links the quote to the original post that you quoted from. If you click on the arrow that shows up next to the quote I just made, it'll take you back to the post it came from (no matter which page in the thread it's from). If you don't want it, you can just remove the ;### part.

ladiosaRosa
March 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
It's what links the quote to the original post that you quoted from. If you click on the arrow that shows up next to the quote I just made, it'll take you back to the post it came from (no matter which page in the thread it's from). If you don't want it, you can just remove the ;### part.

Thank you so much for taking the time to satisfy my curosity, dancingbarefoot. :flower:...I mean :blossom:

ETA: I'm removing the number next to your name just to experiment.